Mass Effect 3 - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats probably true, I never played without him. It is an optional mission right? Haven't played in months

Javik is a must have though. Alone because of the dialogue he provides with certain team mates.

I agree. I got the CE so I had Javik by default, but my friends who didn't get the CE were floored that Bioware didn't include Javik in the vanilla version once they played From Ashes. It's a crime that his dialogue and insights into the Prothean/Asari/Reaper stuff wasn't in the game by default.

It actually seemed to me like he was always meant for inclusion in the full game, but that greed got the better of them. Just my opinion, though.

Zaeed and Sebastian were left off of ME2 and DA2 for the very same reason, its not a new thing. Javik just has more inherent value than those characters by nature of who and what he is but the player would never know he was missing otherwise therefore its absence won't negatively affect X Night's playthrough - which is how that sort of DLC should be.

Hence, what I was telling X Night is that since it was purchased at sale price that it would make sense to wait and finish the game before she deciding to go fork over more money.

Last edited:
At least Zaeed came with every new copy of the game. If you use DLC like that as an incentive for everyone to buy the game new, I'm ok with that. But make the damn DLC part of every new copy, don't just restrict it to the Collector's Edition, of which you don't have enough anyway.

Granted, I do prefer that method as well but EA's moved away from the whole new copy/"pass" concept as far as I can tell, its corporate nonsense but that's just the model at the moment. You know for example Dead Space 3 is going to end up with something similar. Eventually people will push back against it and it will change again.

Last edited:
Hey, look, it's like the dead horse is getting another beating.

Yeah, yeah! Smack that ****er! QQ!

ZOMBIE_HORSE_WANT_BRAINS_by_Oskarmandude.jpg

Only a matter of time.

Well in I guess nicer(?)/other news some couple who met via ME3 multiplayer just got married and played ME music during their wedding and invited the Composer.

http://campl.us/lJti

Last edited:
I think its a case of once you've played with Javik, you can't imagine playing the game without him since he offers such incredible insight into the lore; but Jeff Gerstmann pointed out he didn't notice a Prothean sized hole when he first ran through without him, so that's where I was coming from when I suggested X Night run through the game once before she puts down some more cash since she got it on sale.

he........I'm a guy...........don't let my avatar deceive you.............:o :oldrazz:

anyways, thanks for your advice.

it turns out I still have 800 MS points in my account, so that should cover From Ashes.

Whoops!

Apologies good sir. :D

lol. it's all good!! :yay:

btw........one reason why I want Javik is so that I can get the Drunk Tali-Javik conversations!! :woot:

emergency.......induction........port....err..........straw........

he........I'm a guy...........don't let my avatar deceive you.............:o :oldrazz:

anyways, thanks for your advice.

it turns out I still have 800 MS points in my account, so that should cover From Ashes.
lol don't worry about it some one thought I was a chick too. (well apparently there was another person with this name besides me.) It's even happened to pat. there are few posters that are actually girls on here. Tron bon which I haven't seen talk as much as she used to is on here. Well I hope she still is any way .

What classes are you guys using for single player? So far I've beaten the game with my infiltrator and soldier shepards, and will be starting with my adept Shepard soon. Has anyone played through with an adept? I've heard the class has been significantly improved from Me2. I imagine the cool down system and throw detonations has something to do with that.

I've run through with an Adept. In most cases its stupidly powerful, the class absolutely tears through regular mooks like nothing else in the game and you can spec your character to be specifically all about detonations. On Insanity, areas with numerous shielded/armored enemies gave me serious trouble especially when they got entrenched (things like Ravagers or Turrets) so you should definitely keep somebody with defense stripping powers with you to take care of that stuff.

Soldier through the trilogy. I've gotten an Adept, Infiltrator, and Vanguard through the first game, but never continued with them much through the second game. And I've been working on an Engineer through the first game, but put that one on the sidelines.

Just started a Vanguard. my "canon" Shep is always a Vanguard.

oh....btw.......my game came with a code for 2 days of Live Gold.

I might use that so I can check out the multiplayer.

but, once the 2 days are up, does the subscription just stop? it doesn't charge your card or anything and keep going, does it?

Any suggestions for fighting brutes and banshees as an adept?

Set up biotic explosions. Otherwise, lots of Warp. Lots and lots of Warp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"