Mass Effect 3 - - - - - Part 14

An entire game, allocating troops around the battlefield? Oh please, deity I do not believe in, make it happen.

All with unique (& awesome) personalities & unique sets of powers. Perfect game! Combined RTS, with cinematic action RPG!

Making a whole game out of Mass Effect 2 ending sequence mechanics (where you separate the team out into strike-forces and give everyone different duties).

Making a whole game out of Mass Effect 2 ending sequence mechanics (where you separate the team out into strike-forces and give everyone different duties).

Ahh, yeah. To be honest that's something I've wished for in rpg's since Final Fantasy 6 or so. I always feel guilty because I'm never able to use everyone.

At least FF10 had the option to switch everyone in for an action so they could get a share of xp and not be left behind. But actually assigning members to different squads and giving them assignments would be cool. Kinda like the assassins you train & send out in missions in AC2, except with a lot more depth.

A 3rd person/RTS game, set in the ME universe, is a spin-off that needs to happen.

Ahh, yeah. To be honest that's something I've wished for in rpg's since Final Fantasy 6 or so. I always feel guilty because I'm never able to use everyone.

At least FF10 had the option to switch everyone in for an action so they could get a share of xp and not be left behind. But actually assigning members to different squads and giving them assignments would be cool. Kinda like the assassins you train & send out in missions in AC2, except with a lot more depth.
In both Final Fantasy & Mass Effect I seem to get a preference for a couple of character's powers alongside my own and that can mean not taking the characters I like more or want to hear more from in my party. But these multi-ally games have so much potential to improve on this aspect alongside taking the gameplay up a big step.

That part of ME2 shows how good it can be when you are in charge of the whole squad rather than just 3 (as with Final Fantasy). Once you give the ones who are not in your party their responsibilities you don't control them but the choices you made have an affect on your likelihood of succeeding. You don't neglect anyone & of course it's supremely cool when you hear the other squad leaders across the mic letting you know the status of the other groups.

This could work for future Mass Effects, Final Fantasies & maybe the likes of X-Men, Avengers & Justice League games too.

If we are talking about the idea of a ME game being more centered on the idea of commanding a larger force: I remember hearing almost immediate talk in the wake of XCom's release about how well that style of game would fit Mass Effect, as soon as I finished it I had the same thought.

I'd definitely mix in some XCOM, mostly the whole resource management and base building. The gameplay should be classic ME fare though. Whenever troops are deployed and tasks assigned, I want it to play out like ME2's final battle.

If we are talking about the idea of a ME game being more centered on the idea of commanding a larger force: I remember hearing almost immediate talk in the wake of XCom's release about how well that style of game would fit Mass Effect, as soon as I finished it I had the same thought.

You mean Turn-Based Gameplay

I wouldn't make such a drastic change in the main series, but a turn-based spin off? Oh hell yes.

Xcom changed the way that it was previously done and viewed that's why. Until you see that game for your self it'll be hard to explain. from what I know of both the people that made Xcom enemy unknown and the dev's on mass effect seem to be fans of each other and the now recent upcoming 3rd person shooter Xcom will be borrowing element form Mass effect.

Xcom changed the way that it was previously done and viewed that's why. Until you see that game for your self it'll be hard to explain. from what I know of both the people that made Xcom enemy unknown and the dev's on mass effect seem to be fans of each other and the now recent upcoming 3rd person shooter Xcom will be borrowing element form Mass effect.

I tried the demo and I was bad at it like in every turn-based Game I tried before

Oh I see it's not your style of game. then again some of the people that are into the older version of Xcom or any RTS seem to feel the same way about COD and first person shooters in general. for those used to it it has to do with how it was re envisioned. Xcom as an RTs has always been a hard to master game.

oh I see it's not your style of game. then again some of the people that are into the older version of Xcom or any RTS seem to feel the same way about COD and first person shooters in general.

:doh:I probably understanding wrong but can any one please explain what Makes a RPG a RPG

what you know as an RPG is still the same in all intent of it's meaning.
you still have dialogue system and you choose characters the dev's have created for the Game for and you fight bosses in dungeon's or some thing similar and get loot.

all the others are saying is that they wouldn't mind mass effect being spread/ broadened out into another genre. which is what Xcom is, which is an RTS or what you consider turn base of that type as you just said.

Halo did this too already. the point is it'll be different from an RPG in that sense that it's not that kind of a Game at all. it's not an RPG . and it' as nothing at all like final fantasy. the difference is you create a base and you have soldiers you send on different operations and you tell them what do they carry it out, some and don't come back cause they were killed. and unlike FF they are none Descript characters. as in the dev's didn't make them the main permanent characters, that you have play over and over again. And you look at them from sort of top down view.

Last edited:
what you know as an RPG is still the same in all intent of it's meaning all the others are saying is that they wouldn't mind mass effect being spread out into another genre. which is what Xcom is RTS or what you consider turn base of that type . halo did this to already. point is it'll different from an RPG in that sense. and nothing at all like final fantasy.

This is not what I mean:jedi

yeah I corrected what I said I had a feeling you'd say that . and what I said initially was too vegue

:doh:Some one please explain to me why people like turn-based:jedi

I like turn-based stuff because it allows you to stop, think, analyze the situation, come up with a plan and respond exactly how you want to.

RTS: Real time strategy. The latter part meaning think man's game. But uses turn base actions /style to play it. Hmm I might be making this harder with titles. but Xcom's different from Dragon age. it's hard for me to say it in different way.

Last edited:
I'd prefer real time, with a simple pause button, like it's already the norm in Mass Effect and Dragon Age. But I would play a turn based game if that's what they decide it should be, if they ever make such a game.

one of my Problem with turn based game in the battle why you take turn with the enemy example in Fallout when you fail in Hiting a Mouse Why do you wait until he comes to you and attack you

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"