Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no New Game plus secret ending, you simply get a slightly different ending if you
Save Anderson from Illusive Man and have 4000 + Assets or Anderson dies and you have 5,000+ Assets. Both result in Shepard living

Well I'm gauging that by the 30,000 people in a petition on facebook trying to get it changed over everyone else out of the several million or more people who bought the game.

That's still not an accurate account though. The vast majority of people in the United States don't vote for President. Does that mean they're all okay with the direction the country is going?

And i wouldn't have to download it, but it's the principle. It's being told my ending wasn't canon or wasn't the 'true' ending. That's still a kick in the balls not to mention does it look like extremely weak fan pandering.

So what happens if in a month they come out and say "That wasn't really the ending. We had this planned the whole time but couldn't get in done in time."? How will you feel then? Will you still be all gun-ho for Bioware?

New Game + ending I believe was mentioned in the ME strategy guide. From what I've heard there is not a New Game + Ending.

Looking over that link you posted btw, its a real shame that it sounds like Hudson pushed for less dialogue options with the Catalyst. Though I think they were right to remove the Illusive Man boss fight.

Well I'm gauging that by the 30,000 people in a petition on facebook trying to get it changed over everyone else out of the several million or more people who bought the game.

And i wouldn't have to download it, but it's the principle. It's being told my ending wasn't canon or wasn't the 'true' ending. That's still a kick in the balls not to mention does it look like extremely weak fan pandering.

If you want your game to end where it ended, then it did. Mass Effect has always been about building your own canon, the ending of the trilogy shouldn't be different.

There are a small amount of people voicing their negative feelings, but there's an even smaller amount of people voicing positive feelings about the ending.

Oooh my that is a bummer. Now I know they actually planned it out, and agreed that it was a good way to go... Today is a very sad day. :csad:

Still, there's this quote:
And even in November the gameplay team was still experimenting with an endgame sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's movement and fall under full reaper control. (This sequence was dropped because the gaemplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement alongside dialogue choices).

That hints that they might've at least considered "the theory."

The scariest part, though, is that it seems like either way they had no clue whatsoever how to end the series and instead just threw a bunch of crap at the wall to see what would stick.

That would be a shame since they had a perfectly great ending with Shepard and Anderson staring out the Citadel just as the Crucible was about to fire.

new news my apologies if this was posted already.

'Mass Effect Team Assault' was a canned multiplayer FPS

(21 minutes ago)

In 2010, BioWare Montreal was developing a competitive, multiplayer first-person shooter called Mass Effect Team Assault, but it was reshaped into the third-person co-op mode that shipped in Mass Effect 3, according to a Kotaku report based on the iPad app The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect Team Assault saw four months of production before being presented to the Mass Effect hierarchy and transforming into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer skirmish mode.
Source: Kotaku

oh and I finally found that old article about the mp we have now for ME3's which was in it's first original form.

• News: New BioWare game a MP Mass Effect spin-off?
    Posted: Nov 18, 2010
    Online reports suggest mystery game teased yesterday isn't Mass Effect 3, but a new entry in the series targeting the multiplayer shooter market.
since it's way harder to find then when ign reported on it where they were more correct/accurate in wounding if it was gonna be for "ME3" or to be separate from it. point is yes they were planning for it long ago. so all that talk of it being tack on ? Now you know better.

Last edited:
Well looks like they did have to screw up the ending on purpose now didn't they?

This kind of cancels out the possible alternate ending DLC.

Doesn't mean we are not going to get "further gameplay and downloadable content" :D

-_-

Still, there's this quote:
And even in November the gameplay team was still experimenting with an endgame sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's movement and fall under full reaper control. (This sequence was dropped because the gaemplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement alongside dialogue choices).

That hints that they might've at least considered "the theory."

The scariest part, though, is that it seems like either way they had no clue whatsoever how to end the series and instead just threw a bunch of crap at the wall to see what would stick.

Most logical theory, IMHO.

Bioware planned ME3/as the ending to a Trilogy. EA came in and said no, Shepard is to popular.. We will continue with him..

Endings are then changed to what we got and future DLC is planned to expand on current endings.

It has already been said that a sequel franchise would more than likely be a prequel.

Also, in regards to the "theory" there has been new information kinda leaked on BSN that pretty strongly supports that Bioware planned the ending we got, and not for a "false ending." The post includes pictures of deleted scenes and storyboard drafts that directly support the current ending.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272/1

"Whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after." - Casey Hudson

Well damn.

"Whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after." - Casey Hudson

Well damn.

Glad to know I don't have to worry about anything from Mass Effect in the future then!:hehe:

Well damn.

:csad:

hey, maybe if future DLC occurs before or during ME 3, we may be able to choose a different color in the end!! :woot:

They just temporarily (very temporarily) closed the ME3 spoiler board, as in you can't make posts on account of people losin' their ****.

They just temporarily (very temporarily) closed the ME3 spoiler board on account of people losin' their ****.
Haha, really? That forum is way too dated and cluttered to look at. I didn't know it was that bad.

They just temporarily (very temporarily) closed the ME3 spoiler board, as in you can't make posts on account of people losin' their ****.

6rU8p.jpg

inappropriate comments.

Last edited:

Bwahahahahaha that's awesome.

Also, even though the app is "not from Bioware" the story elements and reveals contained within CLEARLY are. lol

y'know...........at this point, I'm really glad I chose to cancel my CE preorder.

I can just sit back and watch how this whole thing unfolds as a neutral observer.

if I had spent my $80 on the CE, I don't know what state I'd be in right now......lol

So we can safely say this is going to go down as one of the most controversial endings in gaming history?

As I suspected they also removed the pics. I still have the original page open though so I'll have to be sure to save 'em.

Bioware can eat a ****
This attitude won't help anyone, and just makes those of us who dislike the ending look like bratty children.

Or shildren, you know, if you're from Sweden. I'm addicted to Robbaz videos now.

So we can safely say this is going to go down as one of the most controversial endings in gaming history?

That is what they wanted, maybe all the buzz/discussion creates huge brand awareness, even though its fairly negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"