Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like R-Patz if all you knew him from was Twilight?
I know for a fact Adam Sandler is a good actor. Their two situations and careers aren't comparable.
Pattinson started in garbage playing terrible characters to then play insteresting parts in interesting projects.

Sandler started out solid and demomstrated he has quite a few acting skills yet he uses all that clout to make garbage and from the looks of his filmography, outside from Uncut Gems it looks like he'll keep making garbage.

speaking of uncut gems..

tumblr_pds7ggCgQH1t61c2q_1280.jpg

Or they could cast an asian actor for the role of Edward Nygma, that would be cool.

I didn’t have strong feelings either way about Hill but I’m glad that he’s out. :funny:

Their two situations and careers aren't comparable.

Pattinson started in garbage playing terrible characters to then play insteresting parts in interesting projects.

hmm...

I mean, was Sandler really considered much of a dramatic actor before Punch Drunk-Love? A movie that still flies under the radar of even some PTA fans? Like Pattinson before, say, Cosmopolis?

Adam Sandler makes one good movie every 10 years and then immediately follows it up by making garbage.

If he followed Pattinson's footsteps and did interesting projects one after another instead of consistent garbage, I'd like Adam Sandler. But that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon. His projects after Uncut Gems all seem to be garbage.

Do I think he's a good actor? Yes. Do I think he could pull off an interesting Penguin reinvention? Maybe. But I just personally dislike him.

Plus I'd prefer a more classic Penguin anyway.

Thank goodness Hill is out. The man is delusional if he thinks he's worth more than Patterson and after Joker, WB is probably betting on getting more bang for their buck.

Eh it's not that delusional. WB was seeking him out, not the other way around. He had leverage.

If anybody is commanding that type of payday, it's Joaquin Phoenix if/when WB comes crawling to him.

Eh it's not that delusional. WB was seeking him out, not the other way around. He had leverage.

Although we don't know the exact details, if the ballpark figure is $10M and Hill is using the studio's desire to cast him, I wonder what their initial offer was for him to completely turn down the role? Could be a blessing in disguise.

Adam Sandler makes one good movie every 10 years and then immediately follows it up by making garbage.

People still diss Pattinson based of Twilight, though. Sparkly vampire jokes are still being made in the wake of his casting in this movie. It’s fine if you don’t like Sandler, personally, but just dismissing a casting suggestion based off the bad movies an actor’s made, despite them proving they’re better than that, is the same situation.

This is smart. Personally, it's Jonah Hill's loss and he will likely kick himself over this someday when he looks back on it.

I would think getting the chance to play a Batman villain in a fresh, new take on the franchise -- opposite one of the best working actors today and with a strong filmmaker at the helm -- might be worth taking a pay cut.
Jonah famously did Wolf of Wall Street for basically free because he wanted to work with Scorsece, he was screaming at his agent to accept and not try and negotiate because he was afraid he’d lose it.

Pretty sure if he wanted to do it, he’d take the pay cut. Not like he was directing mid-80’s for the paycheck.

People still diss Pattinson based of Twilight, though. Sparkly vampire jokes are still being made in the wake of his casting in this movie. It’s fine if you don’t like Sandler, personally, but just dismissing a casting suggestion based off the bad movies an actor’s made, despite them proving they’re better than that, is the same situation.
It's not the same situation though. Sandler is in full control of his career nowadays yet he keeps making garbage. He's shown his talents decades ago, but he continues and continues to make garbage.

I can understand why other people fancast him but I just personally kinda hate him as a Hollywood figure lol.

I was in the middle of writing how brilliant and inspired of a choice that is, until I remembered 1995. :funny:

It’s still kinda brilliant, but also now an improbability,
Haha, I think Jim Carrey could have been a great Riddler (even though his BF version was pretty much unforgettable) with different material.

I'm not upset about it, in all honesty. Would've been an interesting choice, but I don't think he's worth bending over backwards to get.
That’s how I feel. I wanted him for sure, but there are others who can do very well too. It’s not equivalent to losing Phoenix from Joker for eg.

So uh...this Mattson Tomlin guy was born in 1990. Someone 4 years younger than me, who wasn't even born when Batman 89 came out, is the co-writer of the next Batman feature film.

*Contemplates how old this makes me feel*

*Commits seppuku*
This is ****ing perfect.

Dude grew up with the DCAU (which to this day is the best version of Batman EVER)

This is ****ing perfect.

Dude grew up with the DCAU (which to this day is the best version of Batman EVER)
I'm actually curious if that'll be an inspiration. I'm 2 years older than him, but he's part of my generation of kids who grew up and aged along with the Timmverse. So it's had a huge influence on my formative years as a fan. I've been waiting for someone in this age range to come along and drive the IP. He's "just" a writer, but that's an important component.

I was born a little after BTAS first aired, but it was still everywhere as a kid, from the toys, to the vhs/dvds, to the reruns on Cartoon Network and Kids WB. You couldn’t miss it. This guy is apparently a big Batman fan, I’d say it’s almost certain he grew up with BTAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"