Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, it's probably best that we put this movie out of our minds until 2019. I doubt much of anything happens for the remainder of the year, with the holidays and all that.

I've been a big proponent of Reeves taking the time he needs to perfect the script, but even I'll start to ask questions if we get two or three months into the new year without hearing a peep.

I'd almost argue that the Nolans could've used more time on TDKR.

At this point, it's probably best that we put this movie out of our minds until 2019. I doubt much of anything happens for the remainder of the year, with the holidays and all that.

I've been a big proponent of Reeves taking the time he needs to perfect the script, but even I'll start to ask questions if we get two or three months into the new year without hearing a peep.
As long as filming begins in the first half of 2019, I will be content.

And plays into the halloween theme.
i like that idea with the penquin and the court of owls playing into the holloween theme also venom just proved you can open a comicbook film in october

i like that idea with the penquin and the court of owls playing into the holloween theme also venom just proved you can open a comicbook film in october
It just plays into the theatrics of the month of October - a vigilante in a bat suit kinda blends in amongst villains in masks too as kids and stores get in the spirit - that’s why I always felt Batman returns at Xmas seemed a bit off.. superman however Is perfect for it

Count me in on absolutely loving to have a Batman film release in October.

It just plays into the theatrics of the month of October - a vigilante in a bat suit kinda blends in amongst villains in masks too as kids and stores get in the spirit - that’s why I always felt Batman returns at Xmas seemed a bit off.. superman however Is perfect for it
It tied into the ever festive Penguin.

Speaking of weird, this is probably our best chance of getting a live action version of:
Bat-Ape01.jpg

I'd almost argue that the Nolans could've used more time on TDKR.

I think Nolan just didn’t really care as much with TDKR... he got a taste of huge success on something that was creatively his own (Inception) and TDKR kind of felt more like an obligation. I bet he was more excited about moving on to more original projects like Inception.

I think Nolan just didn’t really care as much with TDKR... he got a taste of huge success on something that was creatively his own (Inception) and TDKR kind of felt more like an obligation. I bet he was more excited about moving on to more original projects like Inception.
Purely speculative, but I wonder if Heath's death burned him out a bit. You don't often hear Nolan discuss an actor's performance in the same way he discusses Heath's in TDK, so I think that whole experience left quite an impression on him. Not to say Nolan completely phoned it in, as the film itself is still technically impressive and there is some genuinely great material in there. But yeah, one gets the feeling that his heart wasn't completely in it, for whatever reason.

Purely speculative, but I wonder if Heath's death burned him out a bit. You don't often hear Nolan discuss an actor's performance in the same way he discusses Heath's in TDK, so I think that whole experience left quite an impression on him. Not to say Nolan completely phoned it in, as the film itself is still technically impressive and there is some genuinely great material in there. But yeah, one gets the feeling that his heart wasn't completely in it, for whatever reason.
I do remember a quote by Nolan that he could've made ten films with Ledgers Joker. Probably an exaggeration, but I'll wager he intended on making another film with the Joker.

That makes sense - all staff on production like that are invested - he probably - again speculative - has a slight hint of ‘what if’ - what if he hadn’t hired him, hadn’t if pushed him in certain areas - sad really

Heath's sister recently came out and said that he had discussed doing another one, so it sounds like we were meant to get more of The Joker.

That makes sense - all staff on production like that are invested - he probably - again speculative - has a slight hint of ‘what if’ - what if he hadn’t hired him, hadn’t if pushed him in certain areas - sad really

Really?

Heath's sister recently came out and said that he had discussed doing another one, so it sounds like we were meant to get more of The Joker.
Nolan could have ended up making 4 Batman movies had the followup to TDK featured Joker, I can't see him ending the series of his Bat-movies at 3 then.

I don't know. Nolan's a classic kind of guy. I can't see him making more than a trilogy of anything. Even if Heath had not died I think his Batman 3 would have been a conclusion to those films.

You think a director wouldn’t question his steps and actions when someone he hired took his own life??
I in no way said he should - or that he is guilty.. but it’s human nature to think ‘what if’... come on

You think a director wouldn’t question his steps and actions when someone he hired took his own life??
I in no way said he should - or that he is guilty.. but it’s human nature to think ‘what if’... come on
I mean I wouldn't have, if I were in his shoes. Ledger was a self-admitted insomniac, and he came down with pneumonia while shooting Dr. Parnassus. He was taking different medications to treat each of them and died of an accidental overdose. Had nothing to do with his work on The Dark Knight.

I don't know. Nolan's a classic kind of guy. I can't see him making more than a trilogy of anything. Even if Heath had not died I think his Batman 3 would have been a conclusion to those films.
The core cast (Bale, Caine, Oldman, Freeman) were signed for three films. Nolan wasn't. There was no guaruntee he'd even make a second one after Begins, and each time he had to kind of be convinced to come back. There's no way he was ever going to do more than three, and the third was pretty much always going to be his last with or without Ledger.

I mean I wouldn't have, if I were in his shoes. Ledger was a self-admitted insomniac, and he came down with pneumonia while shooting Dr. Parnassus. He was taking different medications to treat each of them and died of an accidental overdose. Had nothing to do with his work on The Dark Knight.
Never said it did mate - but naturally everyone involved is effected in some way and probably questions how they could have helped... I am saying - I wouldn’t be suprised if it made Nolan reflect and have a different outlook - even if only different by 1%... I sure know I would. Anyways - we will never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"