Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising since it has been long time since he was hired. This is the First post of this thread from Feb 2017. More than 20 months have passed since then.

1d.jpg

Link posted in the OP.

‘The Batman’ Officially Signs Matt Reeves as Director

Damn it! For a second, I thought this was a legit update.

I wouldn't want a TV show that never ends. That can work for the comics, but television is a different medium, and though they can go on for quite a while and maintain quality, eventually they will drop off. I want a holistic story that has a conclusion, even if it were to go on for five or six seasons. TWD is not a great example.
I disagree - but that’s life

I wouldn't want a TV show that never ends. That can work for the comics, but television is a different medium, and though they can go on for quite a while and maintain quality, eventually they will drop off. I want a holistic story that has a conclusion, even if it were to go on for five or six seasons. TWD is not a great example.
Fine dude. Game of Thrones then. It’s implied that we want a high quality tv series that goes on for years. It’s the best possible way to adapt Batman because he just has so many key storylines and characters to cover. Way too much for any movie series to ever pull off

TV series Batman can work, it worked before. But today it needs to be Sopranos-good for me to prefer it to feature films. And that is almost impossible.
Agreed. It really is starting to be a bit concerning.
TBH, whatever time they need. I just wish the thread didn't remind me of the film till there's something substantial on the progress. At this point it only fuels frustration, not excitement.

Maybe it's taking so long because they're waiting to see how Joker turns out. If that movie is huge, i bet Joaquer will meet Batman

Maybe it's taking so long because they're waiting to see how Joker turns out. If that movie is huge, i bet Joaquer will meet Batman
More like how Aquaman and Shazam will do. If they're smash hits, I bet they will try to reanimate Superman and Batman corpses and inject them into what's accomplished by WW, AM and Shazam.

I'm dreading this. I want Reeves to start over, create his batworld and go from there without bothering with Superman's corpse, intergalactic invasions, some magic stones and crap like that.

Aquaman looks dreadful, so I'm hoping the new DCCU does not follow that template. WW and Shazam are more like it. Batman needs to be it's own tone, though.

I've always wanted a horror influenced Batman. With Joker releasing around Halloween, I think that might be the most horror influenced DC film yet. Maybe they will continue that tone with The Batman

Just saw the play "Network" on Broadway starring Bryan Cranston. My God, what an incredible talent. He was amazing.

He really would make for a perfect Gordon...

BURN IT DOWN, BABY.

Nothing against Simmons at all (I have little doubt he'd own the role), but I want the slate wiped clean.

I thought it was already confirmed, when they said they're going for a younger Batman?

I thought it was already confirmed, when they said they're going for a younger Batman?
You still have people on Reddit clinging to hope that even if Reeves goes with a rookie Batman, Simmons and Irons can still reprise their roles regardless of the 20-year time gap.

I quite frankly don't see what the fuss is about, considering Irons was on screen for all of 5-10 minutes over the course of two movies, and Simmons even less than that.

Irons and Simmons are just top tier performers to me, so it'd be a shame to lose them completely. Especially Simmons who is really vocal about wanting to return.

But for a prequel film, it's not necessary to cast them in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"