Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

My new projections
February- Blade
Spring- She-Hulk (The Hulk will appear)
May- Black Panther 2 (Namor as the villain)
Summer- Ms. Marvel (Captain Marvel will appear)
July- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Fall- Moon Knight

March- Captain Marvel 2
Spring- Miss America
May- Wolverine (takes place in the past, Weapon X experiment happens, fights the Hulk)
July- Ant-Man 3

February or March- MCU Deadpool
May- New Avengers: (features Wolverine and Deadpool among the cast)
November- Eternals 2

Doctor Strange 3
Uncanny X-Men

July 2023 will probably be Fantastic Four as its in development now. I don't see Ant-Man 3 coming any time soon.

I think the Wolverine movie will take place in the past like Captain Marvel did, probably before the first Avengers movie. The savage Hulk from that time will fight Wolverine.

That what I was thinking as well. I would even point it to slightly before Incredible Hulk even, maybe even around the time of those deleted scenes of Bruce in the snow.

It wouldn't surprise me if Marvel opted to just have 2 films this year assuming Spider-Man was originally intended for one of those 2022 slots with it being a co-financed film and all.

I hope they could release Ant-Man 3 and Gotg vol. 3 by 2022. While I prefer if they save Captain Marvel for May 2023.

Unless, Marvel hires a writer and a director for Blade, Fantastic Four or Mutants by the end of this year, then i don't see a non-sequel film hitting the theaters by 2023.

I'm already crossing out Spider-Man 3 unless an announcement is made and I don't really wanna assume the best when it comes to Sony regarding the situation.

Yeah, I hope Ant-Man 3 and Guardians 3 will happen just to round out the trilogies. With Black Panther 2, it'd be a strong year for Marvel while ushering in a clean slate for the FF and X-Men without an unusually long wait in-between sequels for these franchises.

Captain Marvel I can easily see appearing alongside the X-Men in perhaps her 2nd or 3rd movie.

Here's an updated list layout I think gives a good idea for how many theatrical films Marvel Studio's currently seems to be juggling.

Sequels to Still Fresh Franchises:
Dr. Strange 2
Thor 4
Black Panther 2
Guardians 3
Captain Marvel 2

Tally Above: 5 Films (Continuation of Avengers IP is a strong possibility bringing the tally up further)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: To what capacity will any of these above movies be morphed into something else similar to what Captain America 3 was?

Reported New Franchises:
Black Widow
Eternals
Shang-Chi
FF
X-Men
Blade

Tally Above: 6 Films ("Rumored" new franchises can bring tally up further here)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: What is considered a new franchise as opposed to taking an existing one and simply utilizing a supporting character seen in previous movies and expanding?

Expired Franchises:
Spider-Man 3? (Discontinued in MCU pending Sony Agreement. Spin-offs from the Spider-Man IP may be included in the MCU either as a soft reboot or a new franchise in addition to Spider-Man 3 as 1 rumored bargaining point for agreement to be completed)

Ant-Man/Wasp 3? (No announcement yet)

Avengers (Kevin Feige post comic-con '18 claimed plans for a follow-up; Russo's have campaigned for a Secret Wars but rumors for an X-Men crossover film too. There are also rumors floating around of potential new properties spunoff this franchise such as Young Avengers, Dark Avengers, A-Force, or The Ultimates as of most recent updates Sept. '19)

Captain America (Finished. Russo's expressed interest in 1 final film post-Endgame but unlikely as of now)

Iron Man (Finished. IronHeart script purchased off Blacklist but no plans immediate future; Robert Downer Jr. commented hopes see the character post-Endgame)

Hulk (Universal and Disney unlikely to work something out most recent update. Hulk vs. Wolverine is a rumor picking up steam though)

Tally Above: 6 Possibilities (not including spin-offs mentioned above)
Ongoing Point to Ponder: If no direct follow-up to an expired franchise, will Marvel Studio's instead 1) spin-off into another property and simply re-title it or 2) Take an entirely new IP to take it's place?

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if Marvel opted to just have 2 films this year assuming Spider-Man was originally intended for one of those 2022 slots with it being a co-financed film and all.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but it would definitely surprise me. If the Spider-man slot was in 2022, they still have almost two and half years to get something else ready for that point - and the fact that they won't be working on a Spider-man movie means other things should movie faster anyway.

And unlike 2020, which actually could use a breather to help cool the audience down after Endgame (the most hyped movie in history), there's no particular reason why they wouldn't want to move something up to fill the slot. The only way I see it happening is if they're having real trouble nailing down multiple different projects and they just can't get any of them ready on time, but that doesn't seem likely.

July 2023 will probably be Fantastic Four as its in development now. I don't see Ant-Man 3 coming any time soon.
I don't see why Ant-Man and the Wasp needs a 5 year break though. Its not like we are getting Avengers 5 in those 5 five years for those two characters to appear. I also feel like Ant-Man is the one character that wouldn't benefit from a 5 year break. Also Janet needs a larger role or more screentime since she only appeardd in 1/2 of Ant-Man and the Wasp. I also don't think leaving Hank Pym and Stature in the dust is a good idea.

Something occurred to me regarding the number of characters being introduced. The first buildup centered around 3 main figures; Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor. You had The Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, but they, for various reasons, played kind of second fiddle (Hulk less so). That worked. We got GotG, Spider Man, and Ant Man later. I'm just wondering if with the new trio of Dr Strange, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther if the field isn't growing a little bit thick. Don't get me wrong, I want to see new characters, but I'm just wondering how Marvel manages the new group of heroes. I'm wondering if some don't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure there's a plan and, if I had to bet, I'd say it works, but I do wonder where Marvel goes from here with a pretty crowded field. Add in the Fantastic Four, X-Men and, well, that's a lot to put on a plate.

That what I was thinking as well. I would even point it to slightly before Incredible Hulk even, maybe even around the time of those deleted scenes of Bruce in the snow.

That would be a great way to do it to have it set in the past so we don't have to deal with any of this Professor Hulk business. The only thing is that Hulk wouldn't be speaking much at all.

Something occurred to me regarding the number of characters being introduced. The first buildup centered around 3 main figures; Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor. You had The Hulk, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, but they, for various reasons, played kind of second fiddle (Hulk less so). That worked. We got GotG, Spider Man, and Ant Man later. I'm just wondering if with the new trio of Dr Strange, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther if the field isn't growing a little bit thick. Don't get me wrong, I want to see new characters, but I'm just wondering how Marvel manages the new group of heroes. I'm wondering if some don't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure there's a plan and, if I had to bet, I'd say it works, but I do wonder where Marvel goes from here with a pretty crowded field. Add in the Fantastic Four, X-Men and, well, that's a lot to put on a plate.

That's something I've been noticing as well. I think giving the Disney Plus shows to characters like Falcon, Bucky, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye was a way to partially mitigate that, but it does seem like there are a lot of heroes who will just be out there in the ether.

I can see Ant-man being combined with F4 if they keep a lighter tone.

I do wonder if Marvel Studio's is all 1 huge department? I wonder how they juggle so many IP's with Kevin Feige okaying everything and reporting to Disney brass before needing more staff.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but it would definitely surprise me. If the Spider-man slot was in 2022, they still have almost two and half years to get something else ready for that point - and the fact that they won't be working on a Spider-man movie means other things should movie faster anyway.

And unlike 2020, which actually could use a breather to help cool the audience down after Endgame (the most hyped movie in history), there's no particular reason why they wouldn't want to move something up to fill the slot. The only way I see it happening is if they're having real trouble nailing down multiple different projects and they just can't get any of them ready on time, but that doesn't seem likely.

The Disney+ shows I see taking up a lot of time even if quarterly budget reports to investors are as high as Disney wants post-2020 are 2 other considerations I think besides none of these being co-financed or the other logistics aspect you mention.

I do wonder if Marvel Studio's is all 1 huge department? I wonder how they juggle so many IP's with Kevin Feige okaying everything and reporting to Disney brass before needing more staff.

The Disney+ shows I see taking up a lot of time even if quarterly budget reports to investors are as high as Disney wants post-2020 are 2 other considerations I think besides none of these being co-financed or the other logistics aspect you mention.

I mean, they're definitely taking on a hell of a schedule with so many D+ shows. But if they didn't believe they could do them all and maintain the same number of films without losing quality I don't think they'd be doing this many. Yeah, D+ is important to the bosses, but it's the movies that bring in all the money. No executive's going to be happy with fewer movies just to get an extra show on the streaming service.

My new projections
February- Blade
Fall- Moon Knight

March- Captain Marvel 2
Spring- Miss America
May- Wolverine (takes place in the past, Weapon X experiment happens, fights the Hulk)
July- Ant-Man 3

November- Eternals 2

Doctor Strange 3
Uncanny X-Men

Doctor Strange 3 and Eternals 2 BEFORE Fantastic Four and X-Men? Sorry, I just don't see that happening. Fantastic Four will likely be 2023 and I can see X-Men by 2024.

That's something I've been noticing as well. I think giving the Disney Plus shows to characters like Falcon, Bucky, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye was a way to partially mitigate that, but it does seem like there are a lot of heroes who will just be out there in the ether.

My feelings were that with Dr Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch (and Quicksilver LOL), they had a really good core to build around. Now, it just sort of feels like there might be too many characters. I rather think the Disney + movies are being done to promote their streaming service. EDIT: They are going to get my 7 bucks lol, but I'm going to hold out as long as possible. :D

I know this is the movies thread but since there is no General MCU TV all discussion thread, thought I’d share my idea.

I would love if they did a show about the impact of the post snap on every day people. I think a slightly more dramatic series about someone who lost someone to the snap, remarried, had kids, and then is confronted 5 years later with the return of their significant other would be an interesting show.

I know this is the movies thread but since there is no General MCU TV all discussion thread, thought I’d share my idea.

I would love if they did a show about the impact of the post snap on every day people. I think a slightly more dramatic series about someone who lost someone to the snap, remarried, had kids, and then is confronted 5 years later with the return of their significant other would be an interesting show.
I think so too. This though would make people think more on maybe why the movies won't reference this or the myriad of other issues the post snap would cause.

Personally, I'm curious as to when the quality control really starts to take a dip with this kind of expansion. Feige is but one man.

4Chan rumors

Black Widow’s father is played by Ray Winstone. Isabela Moner plays a new KGB recruit, mentored by David Harbour’s Red Guardian.

The main plot of Eternals is Black Knight and Sersi’s relationship. Adam Scott and Brendan Gleeson are cast as Eros and Zuras.

Shang Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is set before Endgame but after Infinity War. Little to no connection to the MCU besides the Ten Rings. Steven Yuen, Kelly Marie Tran, BD Wong, Jamie Chung, and Donnie Yen are being offered roles.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio’s number one choice for Nightmare.

Spider Man 3 was planned to come out in July 2021 before the Sony/Marvel deal fell apart

Thor: Love And Thunder takes place 95% in space. Peter Dinklage returns as Eitri. Chris Pratt has a small appearance as Quill. Taika Waititi wants Ryan Gosling and Finn Wolfhard for roles in the film.

Fantastic Four is the February 2022 film.

Black Panther 2 is about Namor taking over Wakanda. Micheal B Jordan has a minor role as Kilmonger.

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol.3 is set to be released in July 2022. Lucas Till, Dacre Montgomery, and Zac Efron all met with James Gunn about playing Adam Warlock Mark Hamill is in the film as The High Evolutionary.

Blade and Captain Marvel 2 are set for 2023.

The X-Men reboot is a high priority for Disney, with them wanting it to be released no later than 2023.

Feige has met with Ewan McGregor, Millie Bobby Brown, Keanu Reeves, Himesh Patel, Collin Farrell, Jessica Chastain, and Henry Cavill for future MCU roles.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm curious as to when the quality control really starts to take a dip with this kind of expansion. Feige is but one man.

I'm sure he's surrounded himself with good people, has a plan, and a way to carry it out. If not, perhaps he can induce some of the Sony braintrust to come over to Marvel. Maybe get Rothman as his right hand man?

4Chan rumors

Black Widow’s father is played by Ray Winstone. Isabela Moner plays a new KGB recruit, mentored by David Harbour’s Red Guardian.

The main plot of Eternals is Black Knight and Sersi’s relationship. Adam Scott and Brendan Gleeson are cast as Eros and Zuras.

Shang Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings is set before Endgame but after Infinity War. Little to no connection to the MCU besides the Ten Rings. Steven Yuen, Kelly Marie Tran, BD Wong, Jamie Chung, and Donnie Yen are being offered roles.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse features the return of The Ancient One and Quicksilver. David Tennant is the studio’s number one choice for Nightmare.

Spider Man 3 was planned to come out in July 2021 before the Sony/Marvel deal fell apart

Thor: Love And Thunder takes place 95% in space. Peter Dinklage returns as Eitri. Chris Pratt has a small appearance as Quill. Taika Waititi wants Ryan Gosling and Finn Wolfhard for roles in the film.

Fantastic Four is the February 2022 film.

Black Panther 2 is about Namor taking over Wakanda. Micheal B Jordan has a minor role as Kilmonger.

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol.3 is set to be released in July 2022. Lucas Till, Dacre Montgomery, and Zac Efron all met with James Gunn about playing Adam Warlock Mark Hamill is in the film as The High Evolutionary.

Blade and Captain Marvel 2 are set for 2023.

The X-Men reboot is a high priority for Disney, with them wanting it to be released no later than 2023.

Feige has met with Ewan McGregor, Millie Bobby Brown, Keanu Reeves, Himesh Patel, Collin Farrell, Jessica Chastain, and Henry Cavill for future MCU roles.

Fake. The Black Panther bit gave it away. That sounds terrible.

'Young Avengers' Series Reportedly In Development For Disney+
So Young Avengers will be a streaming show! The earliest time for that is 2023

February- Blade
Fall- Moon Knight

March- Captain Marvel 2
Spring- Miss America
Summer- Young Avengers
July- Fantastic Four

November- Eternals 2

Doctor Strange 3
Uncanny X-Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"