Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Phase 3
Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 4

Yeah I just couldn't muster rewatching the siX Xeries that have already aired.

I noticed that What If wasn’t part of the Phase IV timeline in the presentation yesterday. I guess it’s officially not part of the MCU?

I noticed that What If wasn’t part of the Phase IV timeline in the presentation yesterday. I guess it’s officially not part of the MCU?

No it is, they just we're covering live action movies/shows. They're doing so many animated projects now, they're now regulating them to their own panel.

I hope at least the animated projects are connected

For phase 4 in terms of how good or not that good conceived they were, WandaVision still holds it for me as the best show, followed by Hawkeye. Loki was interesting but confusing a bit so I may have to go rewatch it again. As for the films, Shang-Chi and Dr Strange 2 were very good and it will end on a high emotional note with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. I mean not all the phases we have since Iron Man debuted way back when are perfect to the T. There are always going to be not so good mcu films. And I do appreciate the efforts that are made into each film and series and every phases will have bigger hits while some maybe downers. And you know what? I am loving it so far and I will continue to watch every piece of the MCU that comes out to the end of the line. It's gonna be alright. :hrt:

I saw a post on Reddit that said "say what you will about Phase 4 but there's no denying we've gotten some phenomenal villain acting performances". I have to say, I really agree with that.

Sure, the villains in Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Eternals, and Ms. Marvel could have been better but everyone else has more than made up for them.

Kathryn Hahn's Agatha stole the show in WandaVision
Jonathan Majors introduced as Kang was one of the best parts of Loki
Tony Leung was awesome as Wenwu in Shang-Chi
Pretty much every villain was great in No Way Home, especially the GOAT Willem Dafoe's Norman Osborn
Even though he was more of a glorified cameo in Hawkeye, Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin will always get a pass
Arthur Harrow was a bit underdeveloped in Moon Knight but Ethan Hawke still made the most of it and brought an interesting character to the table
Elizabeth Olsen really embraced Wanda breaking bad in Multiverse of Madness and gave a terrifying and heartbreaking performance at the same time
Finally, thoughts on Love and Thunder may be mixed but Christian Bale's Gorr has been unanimously praised across the board for obvious reasons

I saw a post on Reddit that said "say what you will about Phase 4 but there's no denying we've gotten some phenomenal villain acting performances". I have to say, I really agree with that.

Sure, the villains in Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Eternals, and Ms. Marvel could have been better but everyone else has more than made up for them.

Kathryn Hahn's Agatha stole the show in WandaVision
Jonathan Majors introduced as Kang was one of the best parts of Loki
Tony Leung was awesome as Wenwu in Shang-Chi
Pretty much every villain was great in No Way Home, especially the GOAT Willem Dafoe's Norman Osborn
Even though he was more of a glorified cameo in Hawkeye, Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin will always get a pass
Arthur Harrow was a bit underdeveloped in Moon Knight but Ethan Hawke still made the most of it and brought an interesting character to the table
Elizabeth Olsen really embraced Wanda breaking bad in Multiverse of Madness and gave a terrifying and heartbreaking performance at the same time
Finally, thoughts on Love and Thunder may be mixed but Christian Bale's Gorr has been unanimously praised across the board for obvious reasons

Honestly, even Black Widow. General Dreykov may have been a one scene wonder, but he definitely rocked that scene in terms of vileness. Pathetic, but intentionally pathetic.

I see What If? as adjacent mcu.

I see it as irrelevant MCU, unless it ever crosses over with the MCU 616. In an infinite multiverse, literally any and every possible universe could and would exist somewhere. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air could just as easily be part of the MCU multiverse. Like what difference does it make, unless someone crosses over from one universe to the other?

Honestly, even Black Widow. General Dreykov may have been a one scene wonder, but he definitely rocked that scene in terms of vileness. Pathetic, but intentionally pathetic.
Listen, I love Ray Winstone and I actually miss seeing him show up in movies all the time like he did in the mid-late 2000's so seeing him in Black Widow was a treat. But that accent though...

giphy.gif

Speaking of Black Widow, I hope we get more of Red Guardian and they don’t forget about him. Loved him in the movie. I guess he would show up whenever Yelena shows up, possibly in Thunderbolts
I don't think they're gonna one-and-done David Harbour. Thunderbolts seems most likely for him but I could also see him showing up in Captain America: NWO just for ****s and giggles. I think he'd play off Sam and Bucky really well.

I think Black Widow is pretty underrated. Sure, it had some problems like most movies do but had a great family dynamic especially with that dinner table scene. Oh and Black Widow’s friend who helps her get stuff. Hope he comes back too.

Black Widow had a great start. Family dynamic was great. But the lame 3rd act and neutering of Taskmaster put it at the bottom of the MCU.

After Love and Thunder, count me in as having less interest. Nothings feels special anymore. The shows definitely don’t. Depending on the reviews, I may end up skipping WF instead of automatically going opening weekend.

Interest In Superhero Movies Drops, Poll Finds—Worrisome Trend For Disney Amid Marvel Slump
Hmmm I think Disney should decrease the number of shows because what are the chances 25% of the people who have seen every mcu movie are watching every MCU Xeries?

For the movies... we have like 14 ips getting their own film. They really nèed phase out the older ones and just focus on maybe 6 ips including the Avengers like back in phase 1 and 2.

Why is Marvel so insisted on cramming so much content into so little time? Can they not read the room that keeping up with the MCU is becoming like textbook homework now? I'm not sure why they want to tire out their audience. I know they don't wanna do 10 year arcs anymore but at the same time some of these projects just seem unnecessary. I find myself becoming a casual to this franchise. The last time I was a casual was when phase 1 was happening. For the first time since phase 1, my family & I missed an MCU film in theaters together.

I'm really hyped for Wakanda Forever & that feels like the next big event and important film but I think after that I'll become more casual. Can't say I care about an Agatha show.

Speaking of Black Widow, I hope we get more of Red Guardian and they don’t forget about him. Loved him in the movie. I guess he would show up whenever Yelena shows up, possibly in Thunderbolts

I don't think they're gonna one-and-done David Harbour. Thunderbolts seems most likely for him but I could also see him showing up in Captain America: NWO just for ****s and giggles. I think he'd play off Sam and Bucky really well.

I could see how some people might see Red Guardian as-is to be too much of a walking symbol of Soviet/Russian nationalism for right now though. I wonder if that might affect what they do with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"