MCU Phase IV!

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Lord, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Is that the kind of thing he does at the moment? Any recommendations?

2. m2k

m2k Well-Known Member

Kung-fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer... To a lesser extent, Journey to the West, The Mermaid. They've all got the Kung-fu goodness with that extra oomph. He's like the Chinese Taika Waititi. He'd fit perfect for the Mcu.

Iceman likes this.
  3. Iceman

Great, thanks a lot for those. Sounds like he would be great :up:

m2k likes this.
  4. Hello2016

Hello2016 Well-Known Member

Well, thank you for very much. I have fun posting to make an attempt at trying to organize the possibilities that keep swirling around the internet in a quantifiable manner that I think makes sense.

Thor being included in Gaurdians 3 is a question I have in my mind. For some reason, I'm just making a guess that James Gunn didn't include him as he seemed so intent on his vision but I suppose anything can happen now. Even if Thor's not on the next Gaurdian's installment, perhaps he'll be included in another one of the listed franchises or his own solo feature will be re-worked somehow if no direct sequel and still utilizing Chris Hemsworth. It'll be interesting to see what happens as he seems to have expressed some interest in coming back judging by past interviews around the time Infinity War stopped shooting.

What I'd like to add to list in previous post but don't know how yet:
    A) Adding in commonly known Crossover Event Storylines into listed franchises (will be touched on in 1 or 2 films as opposed to huge muli-movie event I'll bet)
    The Annihilation, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Secret Wars (1 or 2) and various crossover events Marvel has utilized in the comics to a huge scale I think will be touched on in some of the listed franchises but where and how I'm pretty fuzzy on... The FF, Nova, Captain Marvel, and Avengers franchises perhaps will collate some of these story arcs to some degree maybe...

B) Another franchise with Black Knight or Captain Britain? (Reminded of this by more recent update today)
    Whether my guess on Ant-Man 3 ushering in a time-displaced 1960's FF will turn out to be true or not, this movie does seem to be ushering in something. That vague rumor of a Captain Britain and Black Knight movie back in September seems to have re-surfaced with now Black Knight being perhaps introduced in Ant Man 3... THE BLACK KNIGHT Will Reportedly Be Connected To ANT-MAN AND THE WASP's Quantum Realm If true, this perhaps lessens likelihood FF will be in this movie but maybe there's a plan A and a plan B sort of like what Marvel Studio's had when Civil War was made.

C) Black Knight involved in build-Up to the Dark Avengers?
    Why using Quantum Zone (could so easily be likened to Negative Zone instead) to introduce Black Knight I'm confused by as didn't know there was an association in the comics? I'm not as familiar with Black Knight too much. All I remember is him being Sersi's boyfriend when she was in the Avengers with some storyarc of a Black Knight from an alternate reality (Proctor) trying to steal her away... Of course once that storyarc finally concluded, both Black Knight and Sersi left the 616 universe into the Ultraverse to help advertise the now forgotten Black September event with Malibu comics characters.

I think we can safely assume that won't be the case here but an alternate reality evil black knight that formed the Gatherers in the 90's Avengers comics could factor in somehow (multiverse team containing last surviving member of Avengers in various realities; Gatherers (Multiverse)). While perhaps an interesting idea in theory, this lesser known 1990's Avengers comic storyarc involving these characters pales in popularity (and perhaps storybased execution) to the Dark Avengers. Still, perhaps the Dark Avengers will replace the Gatherers to an extent while amalgamating some aspects from these comics involving them and other lesser known characters of the 616 Avengers at this time Black Knight and Sersi were both prominent members?

Of course, the more recent Dark Reign is the storyarc I see the movies going with but I suppose multiverse elements involving aforementioned storyarc could also be strewn in somehow.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  5. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Cool. Cool cool cool.

Casting ideas for that rumored Black Knight movie...

[​IMG]
    Jack O'Connell as Dane Whitman

[​IMG]
    Aiysha Hart as Faiza Hussein

[​IMG]
    Sean Bean as Brian Braddock

[​IMG]
    Yvonne Strahovski as Elsa Bloodstone

[​IMG]
    Helena Bonham Carter as Morgan le Fay

6. psylockolussus

psylockolussus well-known Mutant

Can't wait for Eternals, Black Widow, Shang Chi and Black Knight!

7. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Black Widow
    The Eternals
    Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol 3

Doctor Strange 2
    Black Panther 2
    Fantastic Four
    Captain Marvel 2

Ant-Man 3
    The Uncanny X-Men
    New Avengers
    Shang-Chi

Fantastic Four 2
    Doctor Strange 3
    Secret Wars
    X-Force

Uncanny X-Men 2
    Black Panther 3
    Captain Marvel 3
    The Evolutionary War
    ------------------------------------------
    The way I see it, the Fox properties are going to change Marvel's slate. That's an inevitability. Any project that it's in an early enough stage of development can be pushed back and rearranged (Shang-Chi and possibly Nova) to make room for the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. and they're probably going to finally move up to 4 films a year to accommodate the influx of content from the Fox deal.

8. Lip

Lip Well-Known Member

I love the idea of the MCU X-Men franchise being called Uncanny X-Men. <3

Marvel united and Damkac like this.
  9. Iceman

4 films is a must asap. Even with 4 we’ll have less films a year than the MCU and Fox would have been making going forward between them, so it needs to happen soon to fit all these films in.

Marvel united likes this.
  10. Hello2016

Hello2016 Well-Known Member

19 Marvel Films at the moment taking into account still fresh, expired, newly announced, and rumored. 4 Films a year could reach yet another 20 films in only 5 years time.

I think a tiered budget strategy would help. Some Marvel films could be targeted towards more select demographics to more easily avoid overshooting one year with 4 tentpole films that don't make enough as well as keeping the films fresh.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  11. Darkprime

Darkprime Well-Known Member

4 films a year is pretty much certain I think. One every quarter would make sense. Use the Fox studio resources to produce that extra film. I just hope Disney doesn't turn Fox into a marvel factory.

12. CaptainWagner

4 movies a year does seem inevitable at this point, especially with the Fox properties returning. And movies like Shang Chi and Black Widow seem to imply they're looking into film's that would operate at a lower budgetary tier.

I Am The Knight likes this.
  13. Shoppy

Shoppy Well-Known Member

What I see as more likely is ...

Black Widow
    The Eternals

Shang Chi
    Black Panther 2
    Doctor Strange 2

New property ..... anyone's guess
    Captain Marvel 2
    Ant-Man 3

New Property ....... again, could be anything
    Avengers 5
    Eternals 2

Fantastic Four
    Guardians Of The Galaxy vol 3
    Doctor Strange 3

.... with those two un-named new properties being one earthbound and one cosmic solo character

MbJ and Abudefduf like this.
  14. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Humanity was a mistake

This is a good prediction, but I'd swap Eternals 2 and Fantastic Four (I seriously hope we don't get a second Eternals movie before an FF one) and I'd move GotG 3 to either 2021 or 2022.

15. Shoppy

Shoppy Well-Known Member

There's no way GOTG3 is going to get anything other than a May slot, and with 2020 now being down to two movies after GOTG3 got put back and Black Widow likely getting the May slot that year, and also the success of Black Panther and the expected success of Captain Marvel, I think those two are likely to get a May slot each in 2021 and 2022 for their sequels with February being used as the testing ground for new properties .......... GOTG3 is going to be a way off now, It's missed the boat for the next few years by being put back.

16. KBX

KBX Well-Known Member

Pretty spot on but I would switch Guardians 3 and Avengers 5. Think it will be a while till we see another Avengers film. It’s going to be a totally different looking one.

17. Shoppy

Shoppy Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting seeing things develop, whatever they do...

Loki, Scarlet Witch&Vision and Bucky&Falcon are all getting their own series on Disney+ which implies them sitting out of the big screen MCU for while even if it does pretty much confirm them all surviving Endgame and my guess is with Rogers and Stark we're going to lose one and the other's going to take on more of a Nick Fury type occasional role.
    When it comes to Thor and Hulk however I haven't got a clue where they're going, though i would love to see an original "Defenders" line-up of Strange, Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer under any name.
    That leaves Black Widow, Hawkeye, War Machine from Phases 1+2 who along with the likes of Fury, Hill and Sharon Carter I could see popping up in a cameo in the Bucky/Falcon series and post-Endgame and I could see any of them being involved with some kind of "Initiative" type training role position.

That would leave us with Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man but personally I don't see Strange and Spidey as being long-term team players and the other four are more likely to be the core of any long-term roster that operates offscreen as we follow different stories through the first few years of the next phase.

As for where any potential new recruits might come from?
    I think Mantis is a possibility for starters, and other than that I would say look to the Eternals, which is going to show us Sersi, Starfox and an Olympian which could be Hercules but I think they'd be wiser to go the route of bringing Ares in first.
    Mantis staying with whatever Avengers team remains after Endgame wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

18. SirStrangefolk

SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

If this would be the case the rumor mill seems to dictate that the earthbound one would be Black Knight (possibly together with Captain Britain) and the cosmic solo would be either Nova or Silver Surfer.

Shoppy likes this.
  19. MbJ

MbJ Well-Known Member

I agree. I really don’t see a scenario where we’re getting two FF and X-Men movies within two years each right out the gate, nor do I see Shang-Chi being delayed or done away with (Marvel and DC are gonna ride they diversity train very hard going forward).

20. Shoppy

Shoppy Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I was thinking yeah.

21. Iceman

Great to hear that SLJ is willing to play Fury into his 80s. :cool:

Shuri likes this.
  22. AResistor

AResistor Well-Known Member

I'd LOVE a Wican and Hulking related movie. But, how would they do it considering the origins of the characters?

23. SirStrangefolk

SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

New Avengers would not necessarily include them. That said, I feel like Wiccan could be set up in the Vision/Scarlet Witch show. In fact, I've been saying for a while that I feel the Disney+ shows we know about and that are rumored could very well build up to Young Avengers on that platform. Hulkling is the member I'm most unsure about where he would fit in, but I'll have a better idea of it once I've seen Captain Marvel and if and how Mar-Vell is presented.

24. CaptainWagner

Trying to think what a New Avengers could look like. (I'm personally not convinced they'll not do a new team)

Captain Marvel
    Black Panther
    Dr. Strange
    Sersei
    Shang-Chi
    Black Knight

Maybe Hercules, too, based on Eternals rumors, though I'd prefer Valkyrie. Sounds like a killer line-up.

25. Iceman

I would like at least one of the original Avengers (if not more) to appear in the next Avengers film after Endgame for continuity and to show that this is the team evolving rather than a totally new lineup that could otherwise just call themselves by a new name. This would make it easier to establish continual rotation possibilities and for members to return to the team in future to the GA.