Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Trying to think what a New Avengers could look like. (I'm personally not convinced they'll not do a new team)

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Sersei
Shang-Chi
Black Knight

Maybe Hercules, too, based on Eternals rumors, though I'd prefer Valkyrie. Sounds like a killer line-up.

I'm pretty certain that along with Captain Marvel and Black Panther, Ant-Man and Wasp are going to be the core of the next Avengers team. Who they add to that is anyone's guess but I see Dr Strange as being more of a regular ally than a team member likewise Spider-Man, even though they've been assumed by many to be staying on as permanent fixtures.

The Eternals movie i think will be where at least one of the next recruits comes from but there are a few options there.
Considering the various film and tv versions of the mythological Hercules, I've started to think they should do a new spin on the Olympians and introduce Ares first and Hercules later.

What I see as more likely is ...

Black Widow
The Eternals

Shang Chi
Black Panther 2
Doctor Strange 2

New property ..... anyone's guess
Captain Marvel 2
Ant-Man 3

New Property ....... again, could be anything
Avengers 5
Eternals 2

Fantastic Four
Guardians Of The Galaxy vol 3
Doctor Strange 3

.... with those two un-named new properties being one earthbound and one cosmic solo character

This sounds about right. I refuse to believe they won't have 3 movies in 2020 (Fox still holds a June 5th date). Alan Horn has also mentioned the move to 4 movies a year is inevitable. Add that Disney+ show starting this year and probably going to 2-4 seasons per year in 2020 and beyond (Between Disney+ and Hulu). Marvel Studios will be busy, I hope Marvel TV will be forced to work under Marvel Studios and things will be more cohesive. Quality will also go up as well and no more stinkers like Iron Fist and inhumans. I agree with the long wait for X-Men and Fantastic Four, though characters and the world will be introduced asap. I wouldn't be surprised to see Storm introduced in Black Panther 2 (and Namor, from what's been rumored).

It will be interesting to see how many mini-series we get a year. 4 films and 4 mini-series a year would be enough to really start making quick progress on introducing and developing new (and existing) characters.

Some Black Knight speculation.

Grain of salt. Also of note, one of those reprinted issues heavily features Sersi of the Eternals, a character some are speculating may show up in an Endgame cameo.

I would love to see black knight. He makes an appearance in media so often too I wouldn’t be shocked if marvel have been dying to use him.

I wonder if they’ll take a more creative approach with him though? Not a 100% faithful adaption

MCU Black Knight makes sense for three big reasons:

1) We know the Quantum Realm is huge for the future of the MCU, and the obvious ramifications are that alternate dimensions will come into play in a very big way. Dane often works with Cpt. Britain, who is tasked with protecting the Multiverse. Same with Shang Chi.

2) He has deep connections to the ancient history of the MCU, which will be explore heavily starting with The Eternals.

3) Sersei is the rumored lead in Eternals and is Dane's love interest from the comics.

Black Widow
The Eternals
Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol 3

Doctor Strange 2
Black Panther 2
Fantastic Four
Captain Marvel 2

Ant-Man 3
The Uncanny X-Men
New Avengers
Shang-Chi

Fantastic Four 2
Doctor Strange 3
Secret Wars
X-Force

Uncanny X-Men 2
Black Panther 3
Captain Marvel 3
The Evolutionary War
------------------------------------------
The way I see it, the Fox properties are going to change Marvel's slate. That's an inevitability. Any project that it's in an early enough stage of development can be pushed back and rearranged (Shang-Chi and possibly Nova) to make room for the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. and they're probably going to finally move up to 4 films a year to accommodate the influx of content from the Fox deal.

there is no way Marvel would release a X-Men and F4 movie each two years. They never did that with Avengers, neither Fox. So that agenda is 99% unlikely.

A X-Men movie each three years is the likely scenario. And I dont see X-Force debuting just 1 year after Marvel's first x-men movie (with most x-men not introduced yet). Doesnt make any sense. X-force should arrive some years after a few x-men movies, when that world is already introduced, not in the very early stages.

there is no way Marvel would release a X-Men and F4 movie each two years. They never did that with Avengers, neither Fox. So that agenda is 99% unlikely.

A X-Men movie each three years is the likely scenario. And I dont see X-Force debuting just 1 year after Marvel's first x-men movie (with most x-men not introduced yet). Doesnt make any sense. X-force should arrive some years after a few x-men movies, when that world is already introduced, not in the very early stages.
Well, that's not exactly the same thing. Fantastic Four/X-Men are not a conglomerate of multiple different franchises coming together to mark the end of a Phase, it's closer to the Guardians where the team IS the franchise. And not every X-Men movie has to be as large-scale as the Avengers films. Mutant Massacre for example could be a more personal story

I actually agree with your second point. X-Force Is something that should come after the fact -- when the world of the X-Men is firmly established in the MCU and the New Mutants have been a thing for a few years.

Maybe replace X-Force with Starjammers

yeah, but Guardians movies dont come each 2 years. Point being is that team movies just come with a 3 years frame.

And Marvel will do some solo x-films too, so that will push the team movies back too.

I think it is safe to assume the X-Men will see a lot of spin-offs with solo movies and Disney+ shows. Guys like Wolverine will have solo films, I'm sure. People like Colossus may get a show. But we will have no shortage of X-Men material.

and Storm will get her long awaited and deserved movie.

everyone can save this comment and share it again in 4 years lol

Nnedi okarafur said on twitter today she would love to write a storm origin story. I would love that especially with her at the helm

Im not familiar with her name, is she a director too? Whats her most known movie?

4 movies per year are too much. Thats basically 1 movie every 3 months. Its too much and it will create mcu fatigue.

It will also spread feige too thin between the disney shows he is involved and 4 movies each year. I would prefer quality over quantity.

You should stop being greedy. Jusy because they are getting characters it doesnt does they have to rush them. This is NOT how the mcu succeeded.

4 movies per year are too much. Thats basically 1 movie every 3 months. Its too much and it will create mcu fatigue.

It will also spread feige too thin between the disney shows he is involved and 4 movies each year. I would prefer quality over quantity.

You should stop being greedy. Jusy because they are getting characters it doesnt does they have to rush them. This is NOT how the mcu succeeded.

We get more than 4 Marvel movies a year right now. Fox/Sony have been putting out 1-2 a year on top of the MCU's 3, and there is no fatigue. The only difference now is that 1 movie Fox would normally do is now MCU. It will be fine.

In 2016 FOX made 2 X-Men movies. In 2018 there was only one, but it was supposed to be 3: Deadpool, New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. We would get 7 Marvel movies, counting Venom.

We’ve had 3 non-top tier characters doing near a billion (Venom) or over a billion (Aquaman, Black Panther) this year, and another doing over 2 billion. The box office charts have absolutely been dominated by superhero films this year. Not to mention Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2 and Ant Man & Wasp. The only thing getting fatigue right now is non-superhero films. :funny: And we are about to lose all the Fox output. Marvel have to increase their production by the amount Fox were doing just to keep the status quo. If any other genre was seeing numbers like CBMs are you’d see an explosion of new material, but most comic-properties are licensed to a small number of companies so it’s a natural check on having too much output.

In 2016 FOX made 2 X-Men movies. In 2018 there was only one, but it was supposed to be 3: Deadpool, New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. We would get 7 Marvel movies, counting Venom.
yeah, Feige knows damm well that if Disney gets all Fox properties, he will have to increase their marvel catalogue to 4 movies a year. Marvel Studios can do it perfectly, and thats the only option if they want to explore all the characters they have. so I dont see any real problem, neither is saturation, since Fox basically wont exist anymore.

We don't even know what's up. For all we know, Feige is preparing his successor, and the job of that person will be to run the Disney+ shows. They may be planning to end some franchises and combine others. They may not even be planning to do a FF movie at all (its a damaged name, and you could fold members into Guardians). They could be planning to go to 6 movies per year. We don't know.

The more movies thet make, the lower the quality will be. The MCU's success has been because of Feige, Alonso, and DeEsposito being able to run a tight ship because they have been able to give attention to each film. The more films, the greater the likelihood of poor decisions slipping past and a flop happening.

I also think Kevin Feige is only really involved in setting up the Disney Plus part of Marvel Studios, but won't be overseeing them directly.

Three films per year is plenty. For quality control as well as (now) being able to exercise greater saturation control in the marketplace. Limit fatigue and generate more anticipation.

you guys realize that the one with the most important job is the director, right? and his close crew.

Each movie would be directed by a different person, so the quality will just depend on the script and the director's job/talent.

Feige is the supervisor, not the director of all MCU movies lol, so doing 4 movies a year is basically what many studios do. If each director has 2 years and a half to prepare and film the movie, there is no real reason the movie will be worse.
so again, its about talent of the creative crew, not about doing 3 or 4 or 5 movies.

If they made one Marvel film per month, I'd likely see nearly every one in the theater and anxiously anticipate next month's release.
and if 4 of team were from the x-men universe, ohh yeahhh I would be there first night.

They should've had a fourth movie in 2018. The wait between Ant-Man & Captain Marvel is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"