Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

We might get a Disney+ Loki or Vision/Scarlett show inbetween the wait so it won’t feel as bad.
Yes, if the shows are good enough they could make up for any big gaps. I really hope they start strong.

this isnt Fox we're talking about.
general audience got tired of Fox's xmen movies.

that isnt happening with Marvel Studios, they have won the general audience a long time ago, and that wont change if they make 4 movies a year :funny:.
4 movies a year seems like a lot for one producer.
So I guess now, Kevin Feige will have to give up his home and family life for greedy studio executives and selfish hungry fanboys.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. Pushing Feige with too many movies will cause the quality to suffer. We don’t need assembly line movies.

Last edited:
Any guesses as to when/where we will hear more about the 2020/2021/2022 movies? I think we have a fairly good guess as to what they will be at this point, but it will be nice to hear something official, hopefully from Feige.

I expect them to wait until after Endgame before releasing some kind of schedule for the next few years.

If they show up to SDCC this year, that would seem like a good time.

Oh yeah, if D23 is this year then they'll probably sit SDCC out again. Or maybe they'll hold their own press event again like they did for the Phase 3 announcement.

Oh yeah, if D23 is this year then they'll probably sit SDCC out again. Or maybe they'll hold their own press event again like they did for the Phase 3 announcement.

I think either one is a possibility. I don't see them going to SDCC since Far From Home will have just come out and they won't have anything to show or really announce.

I think theyre gonna wait for the fox deal to complete. They gotta get a Fantastic Four movie on the slate its just too perfect. Phase 4 Fantastic Four.

It’s interesting they said they will make announcements but not all announcements. So I’m thinking...
1. Announce the sequels but not name the new franchises eg “untitled marvel movie 2025”
2. Announce the new franchises but not the sequel names eg “doctor strange 2” instead of “doctor strange: Clealess”. As if!

I'm assuming it'll be announced at D23 or maybe SDCC.
I hope so. That would be as important an announcement as anything else they might be expected to say IMO.

Is there anything currently planned for 2020?

Seems awfully quiet that year. I thought Eternals was still a way off, haven't heard about progress on BP2, DrS2, AM3, and GotG3 was probably it but seems like it's in limbo.

Wonder if Fiege's 4 films comment comes in to play in 2021 as a result of not having anything for 2020

Is there anything currently planned for 2020?

Seems awfully quiet that year. I thought Eternals was still a way off, haven't heard about progress on BP2, DrS2, AM3, and GotG still seems like it's in limbo

Yes. There'll be two movies next year, one in May and one in November. Chances are they will be Black Widow in May and then Eternals in November.

We won't hear anything official until SDCC or D23 this summer. Feige said he won't announce anything until after Far From Home

Yes. There'll be two movies next year, one in May and one in November. Chances are they will be Black Widow in May and then Eternals in November.

We won't hear anything official until SDCC or D23 this summer. Feige said he won't announce anything until after Far From Home

I'm guessing May was originally for GotG3.

We haven't heard anything about principle photography or casting in the Widow movie, and Eternals we've heard some casting rumors but that's it. I could see maybe if Widow wasn't effects heavy it being ready in time. But aren't these things usually 12-18 months from when principle photography starts?

I'm guessing May was originally for GotG3.

We haven't heard anything about principle photography or casting in the Widow movie, and Eternals we've heard some casting rumors but that's it. I could see maybe if Widow wasn't effects heavy it being ready in time. But aren't these things usually 12-18 months from when principle photography starts?

Yes, May was originally going to be Guardians 3 with Widow in July.

We have heard that Widow is supposedly beginning to film this month and then Eternals around August or September. That would give each film over a year before release.

Casting will probably be announced over the next few months or again during D23/SDCC.

Like you said, Black Widow won't be effects heavy so that'll help.

^ Thanks for the comments I wasn't aware Widow was that far along. Guess because it's been rumored for so long I stopped actively watching for it.

I think most of the budget for Black Widow will likely be de-aging, assuming that the movie is a prequel as rumored.

Assuming both Widow and Eternals are prequels (which is I think a fair assumption), it's going to be weird not having the present-day MCU story continue in 2020.

Assuming both Widow and Eternals are prequels (which is I think a fair assumption), it's going to be weird not having the present-day MCU story continue in 2020.

It will, but they'll make up for it in 2021 which, I'm assuming, will be Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2 and something like Shang-Chi or even the 3rd Spider-Man movie. All of those will presumably take place after the events of Infinity War/Endgame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"