MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Doubt it, Dr. Strange sells toys cant make it too scary. But I hope they loosen up on the pg13 and let them dip into darker stuff.

Well Derrickson last few movies were in the horror genre. So if they go with Nightmare as the villain I hope they really play with making a truly scary movie. Or at least as scary as it can be with PG-13 attached to it.
Yep, seems like a natural direction for Strange. Will be interesting to see what part Mordo plays in the sequel and if there is any acknowledgement of the events of Infinity War and Avengers 4.

Last edited:
With the exception of Thor, the sequels of solo movies were used to introduce/develop other heroes: Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Wasp... So I hope there's some interesting supporting characters in Doctor Strange 2.

Hope it's another new franchise. Like Nova, or Howard the Duck.
I can feel a Nova solo getting closer, particularly with what we've heard about a will to go more cosmic. At this point I would be very surprised if we don't get Nova in some from by the end of Phase 5.

With the exception of Thor, the sequels of solo movies were used to introduce/develop other heroes: Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Wasp... So I hope there's some interesting supporting characters in Doctor Strange 2.
Yes, and that has worked very well so far in expanding the universe and organically adding new characters. I hope to see it continue too.

Who could they use, though? Most of the coolest magic users of the Marvel universe are unavailable. Nico Minoru, Magik, Scarlet Witch... who else is left? I guess they could introduce his girlfriend.

Last edited:
Who could they use, though? Most of the coolest magic users of the Marvel universe are already unavailable. Nico Minoru, Magik, Scarlet Witch... who else is left? I guess they could introduce his girlfriend.
I would absolutely love for Strange to continue along this crazy pace he's going at (from the beginning of his solo as a doctor to the end of IW as a sorcerer able to go 1 on 1 with Thanos) and take big steps to becoming the Sorceror Supreme in Strange 2 and eventually start teaching. That could be a way for the likes of Scarlet Witch and Magik to feature and learn from him. I would seriously love that. SW needs to pick up (learn) more of her comics traditional skill set so it would fit that too.

Who could they use, though?

Good question. I don't know Doctor Strange from the comics to know which characters could be in a sequel in a way that makes sense for the characters.

Honestly, Hulk & Valkyrie would be my picks. Make a sort of adaptation of the comic book Defenders.

Honestly, Hulk & Valkyrie would be my picks. Make a sort of adaptation of the comic book Defenders.
These 2 can become professional guest stars. :cool:

But Valkyrie and Hulk are not magic users. These two kill things with punches and swords, that's not what I want to see in a Doctor Strange movie.
I would seriously love that. SW needs to pick up (learn) more of her comics traditional skill set so it would fit that too.
Unfortunately I feel it might be too late for SW to get a power upgrade. The only time she did anything resembling magic was at the beginning in Age of Ultron... perhaps it's time for us to accept that MCU Scarlet Witch is a witch in name only.

Good question. I don't know Doctor Strange from the comics to know which characters could be in a sequel in a way that makes sense for the characters.
I'm not hugely familiar with him, either. That's why I asked. :hehe:

But Valkyrie and Hulk are not magic users. These two kill things with punches and swords, that's not what I want to see in a Doctor Strange movie.

I get what you mean but that's the beauty of the comics Defenders: extremely powerful characters with wildly different powersets and personalities.
I think there is a great springboard there and they could always go against a magickal sort of threat.

Unfortunately I feel it might be too late for SW to get a power upgrade. The only time she did anything resembling magic was at the beginning in Age of Ultron... perhaps it's time for us to accept that MCU Scarlet Witch is a witch in name only.

I'm not hugely familiar with him, either. That's why I asked. :hehe:

The other guest stars don't have to be magic based.

Well of course not but considering that Doctor Strange is the only MCU franchise exploring the magical side of Marvel I think it would be better if they were.

I think the fun thing with Marvel teams and team-ups (in comics and films) has been the contrasts between powers and personalities.

Defenders always was a weird hodge-podge, but that's what made it interesting.

I think the fun thing with Marvel teams and team-ups (in comics and films) has been the contrasts between powers and personalities.

Defenders always was a weird hodge-podge, but that's what made it interesting.

Agreed. Plus, it would be like seeing the comic book version of the Defenders come to life.

I would love for future events having multiple teams to call on and would enjoy the process of watching them all get called up. When the realisation dawns that the issue is too big, you call not only the Avengers of the day, but the Defenders, the X-Men, the F4, the Guardians, and any other groups existing at that point.

Last edited:
Does liking the MCU correlate highly or even depend on liking Mark Millar's Marvel comics? Can Mark Millar comics be considered one of the biggest influences on the movies?

Does liking the MCU correlate highly or even depend on liking Mark Millar's Marvel comics? Can Mark Millar comics be considered one of the biggest influences on the movies?
Yes.
Although, I wouldn't say just the MCU for that matter. Between his own Millarworld adaptations, the Fox-Verse, and the MCU, he's omnipresent.
A tad more than more Bendis, oddly enough.

Who could they use, though? Most of the coolest magic users of the Marvel universe are unavailable. Nico Minoru, Magik, Scarlet Witch... who else is left? I guess they could introduce his girlfriend.
Clea is a pretty interesting character in her own right. They could introduce her. She does become strange wife and apprentice in the comics.

Other supernatural characters like Damion hellstrom, ghost rider, werewolf by night, witch jennifer kale and monster hunter Elsa bloodstone could be fun additions. It could lead to a midnight sons movie.

Oh man, how did I forget Elsa Bloodstone, she rocks. I would watch the hell out of an Elsa/Dr. Strange team up movie.

Why would President Ellis have appointed Ross to be secretary of state?

Why not? He had a military record as a general. Seemed to be well regarded at that. I could see him becoming popular in politics easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"