MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Gamora again.

I'd like to suggest Iron Spider-Man and Quicksilver vs. Vulture and Mysterio.

Well I’ll be watching to see when you get off this bet too. Stay away from Vegas my friend. Later
Won't change. Tracking could be an opening weekend of $499M WW and I still won't believe it will hit $500M WW.

Won't change. Tracking could be an opening weekend of $499M WW and I still won't believe it will hit $500M WW.

OW? Dude, I thought you meant a final tally. There’s no way it hits 700M OW.

OW? Dude, I thought you meant a final tally. There’s no way it hits 700M OW.
No I mean total. I was saying that even if it hits $499M OW, I still won't believe it will hit $500M WW total. Sorry, I like the cast but I have no faith in this movie at all.

At this point MCU movies are bound to strike a $1 billion mark world wide, unless the movie is Ant-Man.

At this point MCU movies are bound to strike a $1 billion mark world wide, unless the movie is Ant-Man.

I don't know if it will hit $1B. That isn't what it used to be, but it's still a pretty remarkable feat. I don't know if Eternals will quite get there, but I'd be surprised if it hit less than $700M. Disney is GREAT at marketing their movies (I wish WB would take a page out of Disney's playbook on that one. BoP should have done better at the BO. The movie was better than the promo IMO).

I think Doc is just paranoid in addition to his other issues :oldrazz:.

Disney v Warner Brothers marketing departments. LOL.

Nope. Not this one. This will be the most disappointing movie of the MCU.
Many looked at Captain Marvel as disappointing, it still knocked that box office number. If Eternals doesn't kick the billion, it will at least earn $850 million.

Many looked at Captain Marvel as disappointing, it still knocked that box office number. If Eternals doesn't kick the billion, it will at least earn $850 million.
Captain Marvel had the benefit of being released before Endgame which helped out a lot because Infinity War linked it with Captain Marvel. But again, we agree to disagree. I see Eternals making Antman money.

I'd like to take this opportunity to put this thread back on course. No disrespect to the OP but it's time to put the ( prospective) money counting aside get back to the punching, kicking and shooting that makes this thread so great.

I humbly suggest:

Doctor Strange (from Endgame)
images

And Captain Marvel ( From Endgame)
images

Vs

Vision ( from Age of Ultron, so before he became a liability)

images

and Scarlet Witch, from Endgame ( so at the height of her power).

images

Any takers ?

Captain Marvel destroyed a bunch of ships on her own in one go with ease, so Captain Marvel wins against Vision.

Doctor Strange vs Scarlet Witch can be tricky, but since Raganrok shows he can open portals and transport a magic experienced Frost Giant real fast I think he might send Scarlet Witch away until she cools off and wins if he's lucky.

I'd like to take this opportunity to put this thread back on course. No disrespect to the OP but it's time to put the ( prospective) money counting aside get back to the punching, kicking and shooting that makes this thread so great.

I humbly suggest:

images

images

Vs

images

images

Any takers ?

If Wanda gains House of M style powers in the new show then it'll be a different story but right now, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange should win this. Hell, Carol might be able to win on her own.

Let's break it down:

Captain Marvel vs Scarlet Witch
Both have infinity stone derived powers and extremely powerful ranged attacks but Carol's flight, strength and extreme durability are huge advantages.

Wanda might be able to pull off a win if she uses her telepathy to mess with Carol's head and/or very ruthless use of her telekinesis (e.g. she tore out Ultron's heart). Carol is a fast moving, durable target though and she only needs to land one hit on Wanda and it's game over. Carol wins 8/10

Captain Marvel vs Vision

Carol is faster and has durability feats that suggest she'd survive Vision's mind stone beam. Strength wise we know she can compete with Thanos, the guy who ripped the mind stone out of Vision's forehead with his bare hands.

Vision's ability to turn intangible could make it a drawn out fight but he's not going to win. Carol wins 10/10.

Doctor Strange vs Scarlet Witch

Could go either way since they're both glass cannons more than capable of taking the other out in one hit. Wanda has greater raw power but Strange has greater versatility and experience. I reckon he wins 7/10 thanks to clever use of portals, flight, duplication etc.

Doctor Strange vs Vision

Vision is extremely durable, impossible to restrain because he can turn intangible and his speed/flight would give him a high chance of dodging any attempts to send him away through a portal. Meanwhile, one hit or mind stone blast from Vision would be more than enough to take out Strange. I give it to Vision 8/10.

Last edited:
Captain Marvel destroyed a bunch of ships on her own in one go with ease, so Captain Marvel wins against Vision.

Doctor Strange vs Scarlet Witch can be tricky, but since Raganrok shows he can open portals and transport a magic experienced Frost Giant real fast I think he might send Scarlet Witch away until she cools off and wins if he's lucky.

If Wanda gains House of M style powers in the new show then it'll be a different story but right now, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange should win this. Hell, Carol might be able to win on her own.

Let's break it down:

Captain Marvel vs Scarlet Witch
Both have infinity stone derived powers and extremely powerful ranged attacks but Carol's flight, strength and extreme durability are huge advantages.

Wanda might be able to pull off a win if she uses her telepathy to mess with Carol's head and/or very ruthless use of her telekinesis (e.g. she tore out Ultron's heart). Carol is a fast moving, durable target though and she only needs to land one hit on Wanda and it's game over. Carol wins 8/10

Captain Marvel vs Vision

Carol is faster and has durability feats that suggest she'd survive Vision's mind stone beam. Strength wise we know she can compete with Thanos, the guy who ripped the mind stone out of Vision's forehead with his bare hands.

Vision's ability to turn intangible could make it a drawn out fight but he's not going to win. Carol wins 10/10.

Doctor Strange vs Scarlet Witch

Could go either way since they're both glass cannons more than capable of taking the other out in one hit. Wanda has greater raw power but Strange has greater versatility and experience. I reckon he wins 7/10 thanks to clever use of portals, flight, duplication etc.

Doctor Strange vs Vision

Vision is extremely durable, impossible to restrain because he can turn intangible and his speed/flight would give him a high chance of dodging any attempts to send him away through a portal. Meanwhile, one hit or mind stone blast from Vision would be more than enough to take out Strange. I give it to Vision 8/10.

And we're back !

I suspect this is more even than some might think.

Wanda has a real tactical advantage as she can read minds and if she's powerful enough to neatly kill Thanos she's capable of harming Carol. Vision also has an intangibility attack which potentially can harm Marvel.

Strange's shields have blocked direct Strikes from Thanos and he's shown himself able to deflect power stone blasts.

In a Strange vs Wanda battle I see Wanda getting the upper hand early but Strange using some clever spells to confuse her and possibly take her out - but she still might have sufficient raw power to take him out ( as Thanos did)

I go Strange 6/10

Vision v Carol is a bit less uncertain. I believe Vision's intangibility attack would be enough to KO her at least 3/10 times. Her physical strength isn't going to be as much of a problem for him as her photon blasts- but if phasing even partially protects him then he might survive long enough to take her out. It really depends on how smart he fights. Post Age of Ultron he doesn't fight smart at all - so only AoU Vision has the tactical skill to beat her.

I still give this to Carol 7/10.

I'll do Vision v Strange and Wanda v Carol a bit later.

Cheers.

Okay

Vision v Strange: if Vision lands a solid punch or mind stone blast Strange is toast. However, could Vision cope with Strange's magic ? Wanda could read his mind, so he might be susceptible to illusions and tricks - and Strange has shown some pretty neat effects against Thanos. Would his phasing work against the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak ? Maybe not. I see Strange with a slight edge due to his cunning and the unpredictability of magic, so 6/10.

Carol v Wanda. Carol has a big mobility advantage. However Wanda has been able to use her powers as an area effect - also Carol likes to get close up and personal. The big danger is getting close to deliver a punch and Wanda remembering that she has telepathy ( which she forgot in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame) - and messing up Carol's mind - and if someone as resilient as Steve Roger's can be incapacitated by Wanda's mind manipulation then Carol likely will be too.

Of course Wanda has some amazing TK feats too, so if she does manage to grab Carol, she could probably at least squeeze her until she blacks out.

Wanda also seems to be a bit smarter than Carol - which compensates for Carol's superior training.

I would say either 6/10 to Carol or possibly a draw with eachnl winning 5/10.

Last edited:
Doc and Cap

Tough matchup but I'm leaning towards them. Wanda is the real threat on her team but we've seen that she can be taken out easily with a good hit. If they focus on Wanda right from the start and take her out of commission, they'll have the fight won against Vision. That's a big "if" though. Doc and Cap should win this fight most of the time but it could go either way.

Oh yeah....right.....sorry.

CM and DS in a route. Remember "Skrulls can't do that"?

Last edited:

I humbly suggest:

images

images

Vs

images

images

Any takers ?
giphy.gif

I'm going Vision/Scarlet Witch. I think Vision's phasing will come into play. Also we saw what a pissed off Wanda can do to Thanos with the gauntlet. I don't see Ms. Danvers being a problem at all.

4-1 Doc Strange and Captain Marvel. Next up:
Venom
giphy.gif

vs Black Panther
a37105d64979a91911887d5584d12040.gif

Who you got peeps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members