• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coogler would nail this if they gave him a crack.

Donald Glover.... eh let’s keep him on FX.

Jordan Peele. I wanted him for cyborg. But I think he'd kill xmen.

Logan Browning for Ororo

4fe352f2b2e77b2d4dc1c213c82ee95d--beautiful-black-girl-black-girls.jpg

Since we're talking TV directors let me just mention by far the most underrated director around Michael Rymer who was pretty much the mastermind behind Battlestar Galactica and Hannibal. If you want someone who is good at directing a strong group of female and male characters look no further. He also worked with Marvel just recently on Jessica Jones and won a Hugo award for his effort.

Last edited:
Booooooooo!

They’re one of my pics for the fantastic four reboot :woot:

I’m happy for someone new. I’ve noticed Boots Riley is getting a lot of attention for “sorry to bother you” which has that zany funny kind of look at life that also clearly has a heart that marvel like so much so he’s my top pick

The Duffers on the X-Men would be amazing. ST will likely have run it's course by the time the MCU is ready to introduce them into the fold. Plus... Maybe Millie Bobbie Brown gets a role? I totally could see her as Kitty Pryde.

The Duffer brothers would probably make the X-Men young. Like High-school kids young

The Duffer brothers would probably make the X-Men young. Like High-school kids young

I wouldn't assume anything either way on that. Maybe they would. Maybe they get a mandate from Marvel to make them older. In all honesty I actually wouldn't mind a younger take even if it meant not getting some of the classic and recognizable characters until a second or even third film.

Any ideas who they will cast as Logan? Cause you just know were gonna get standalone wolverine movies along side the xmen team ups.

I wouldn't assume anything either way on that. Maybe they would. Maybe they get a mandate from Marvel to make them older. In all honesty I actually wouldn't mind a younger take even if it meant not getting some of the classic and recognizable characters until a second or even third film.
I wouldn't mind either, it's a possibility

Any ideas who they will cast as Logan? Cause you just know were gonna get standalone wolverine movies along side the xmen team ups.
I have an off the wall choice
Darren Criss
Hieght: 5'8
Destinguishing marks: Wolf-like ember eyes
Body type: runty/muscular/hairy
Awards: Emmy Nom: pending
Heritage: Half Fillipino/Half Caucasian
les-sexy-boys-des-golden-globes.jpg

Sidenote: very "regular guy" looking and can play crazy killer and charismatic too.

I think we are literally YEARS away from them even starting to look for the new Wolverine.

With the Mutants I think we are looking at a different thing than what happened with Daredevil and they started looking into the possibilities of what to do from the second they got the rights back. I think that as it stands they will be more methodical than ever in crafting the game plan. They aren't at the casting level yet for sure.

If anything I suspect Feige is looking at the FF, a much smaller cast of characters, to see how they can hit the ground running with that franchise. The decisions are more focused. Essentially, five characters, Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Doom. With the Mutants it's just a wider and more complex nut to crack. Just deciding a roster is going to be a big task in and of itself. So it's gonna be a few years before we hear about who the new Scott, Charles or Logan is going to be.

Fantastic four will certainly come first especially if they have to obide by the one F4 movie at least every 7 years contract. Which is why im betting this whole deal will be closed by xmas. So feige can start work on the fox properties in the new year and make a 2022 release for f4 to keep the contract if its still in effect.

If Disney own both Fox and Marvel there will be no mandate as it wouldn't need to exist anymore.

Marvel was the "original IP holders" of those rights. If FOX didn't meet their deadlines to get films in development the rights would've reverted back to them.

Now that they are getting them back via this purchase of FOX they own them lock, stock, and barrel. We have nothing to worry about on that front.

Fantastic four will certainly come first especially if they have to obide by the one F4 movie at least every 7 years contract. Which is why im betting this whole deal will be closed by xmas. So feige can start work on the fox properties in the new year and make a 2022 release for f4 to keep the contract if its still in effect.

That contract was only for Fox. If Fox didn’t do anything with the Fantaatic Four for a certain amount of years, the rights would go back to Marvel. It’s what happened with the Daredevil rights.

Edit: saw others caught this. Sorry for doubling up on it.

I do hope the Fantastic Four are done first before the X-men though.

I think we are literally YEARS away from them even starting to look for the new Wolverine.

With the Mutants I think we are looking at a different thing than what happened with Daredevil and they started looking into the possibilities of what to do from the second they got the rights back. I think that as it stands they will be more methodical than ever in crafting the game plan. They aren't at the casting level yet for sure.

If anything I suspect Feige is looking at the FF, a much smaller cast of characters, to see how they can hit the ground running with that franchise. The decisions are more focused. Essentially, five characters, Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Doom. With the Mutants it's just a wider and more complex nut to crack. Just deciding a roster is going to be a big task in and of itself. So it's gonna be a few years before we hear about who the new Scott, Charles or Logan is going to be.
I think the X-Men may be coming sooner than you think, man. We know via THR that after the deal was announced- Feige was really excited to delve into the X-Men universe and that the Marvel team were excited to recast Wolverine.

It should also be known that Feige is a pretty big X-Men fan and he has wanted the mutants in the MCU for a longtime

What if Dark Phoenix comes out and sucks? Id think the xmen will need a cool down period. Maybe they could introduce logan but it could be a while before a.full mcu xmen team up if dark phoenix flops and really sours the audience.

F4 are the easy ones to introduce. You could say the seeds have already been planted. Who bought Avengers tower? Etc.

With xmen youve gotta intro the x-gene, charles and magneto their rivalry and relationship, Wolverine and his back story then the formation of the xmen and each heroes back story. Its a lot of work compared to f4.

Last edited:
Just because stranger things has a young cast you assume that they would do the same for x men?
It's a pretty easy assumption to make. Everybody would want them because of Stranger Things and it makes sense that the Duffer Brothers would want to recapture some of that magic with X-Men.
Isnt that kind of what marvel would be going for? A young cast of xmen for the next generation.
It's the smart decision long-term

Which is all fine and good for me. I'm fine with having older mutants in leadership roles like Cyclops and Jean, but I firmly believe the main heroes will be young. It makes sense for practical reasons (Able to lock into a long term commitment to roles) marketing reasons (Kid and teen adventures are all the rage these days in pop culture) social perspective (Youth taking up the charge to change the world being a highly relevant real life storyline) and it returns to what the heart of the X-Men originally was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"