Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say casting an Asian guy as the square-jawed, good looking and heroic leader of the X-Men instead of giving the role to yet another Chris would be a good start. Asian-American men almost never get to be the heroes in Hollywood.

Hmm... If you're talking about indians when you say asian-americans, than it's fine for me. But if you're refering to asians with epicanthic fold eyes, where they'd have that distinctive feature hidden all the time, then I pass. For me it's the basically the same of casting people of color and hiding their sking under blue make-up.

Unless you want the main characters of the X-Men movies to be a roster of Scott, Storm, Psylocke, Bishop, Forge, Cecelia Reyes, Sunfire and Jubilee, I think you would need some changes.

I'd actually be elated with these characters

Warpath & M as Tank's instead of Colossus & Rogue

Forge instead of Beast

Sunfire instead of Iceman.

Bishop as a major player focusing on his fighting skills and mutant powers instead of being a black guy with a BFG

Bishop is my favorite because he's black dude. Don't raceswap someone give me Bishop

And while that Jim Lee's X-MEN is iconic the X-MEN have come a long way since that poster even if it's still predominantly white (like everything else in pop culture btw)

UncannyX-MenTeaser.jpg

It's not a matter of Bishop having or not a decent and big role. It's about the diversity, and the X-Men world is majorly white, which does not correspond to 2018 standards.

With the exception of Bishop, how many black men there are in the X-Men? Maggot? What about black women? And latinos? Do you get the point?

By the way, there's not need to replace Bobby to another minority if you make him gay. Just give us the gay Bobby we want!

Yeah, I'd much rather have a team be Cyke, Iceman, Psylocke, Storm, Bishop, Armor, Forge, and Cecilia than the same characters we've had in the last several movies just swapped

Throw in Beast (a proper Beast) and we have a deal ;)

We should probably stop talking about Psylocke as if she's actually Asian lol

Before anything else, make sure all the well know minority characters, especially if they are female, are in right from the start and stay for the duration as staple characters. That means at least Storm, Psylocke, Bishop and Jubilee. I would like to see the team have more women than men at some stage too. Cyclops, Beast and Iceman making up a 7 with Jubilee the young one who's learning the ropes and not a full team member would work for me too.

Oh, by the way, casting people of color to play blue characters do not count.
They don't count, but it's still a partial credit in my book, as long as we are also getting it where it really counts.

Last edited:
yeah that's one that, if we're updating characters, should probably be streamlined into an actual asian person for the films... im surprised the comics are putting her back in her anglo body right now, but the comic origin has all sorts of appropriation-issues that I guess they're trying to avoid. (CB Cebulski knows all about that, lol)

Storm needs to be one of the MCU's leading figures (post-Thanos era) as well as being leader or co-leader of the X-Men. Really hope this happens.

Last edited:
Storm needs to be one of the MCU's leading figures (post Thanos era) as well as being leader or co-leader of the X-Men. Really hope this happens.

If I could get abig role for Storm & eventually Bishop... Im good!!

If I could get abig role for Storm & eventually Bishop... Im good!!
Storm is compulsory from film 1 IMO, and at minimum as co-leader. She doesn't have to be at the start of the film if they want to go with more original characters, but waiting for a sequel that might be another 3 years later is too long to wait. As was suggested above Bishop should be introduced without all the focus being on his BFG.

Well, I don't have much to add, cause it's all been said, but yes, yes, yes, more diversity! How many LGBTQ characters are there in X-Men that I could reasonably expect to see in an MCU movie? Can someone give me a full list? i would most appreciate it. :yay:

Making Psylocke full asian since the beggining is such a no brainer for me that I don't even consider any other alternative.

There's 5 in the picture I posted

I don't see 5, but anyway... 1) With the exception of Bishop I don't see those characters as relevant as Colossus, Kurt or Gambit. 2) I don't want them as the main characters of X-Men movies. 3) 5 black men in that amount of people sound like 2018 standards of diversity to you? For me it doesn't.

I know there will always be a lot of resistance when it comes to race changing characters. We've been in this debate before and it's endless. Some think there shouldn't be any change. Some think there should be, but not with specific characters. Some think almost anybody can be changed...

The one thing that seems clear to me is that Marvel really seems to be invested in promoting more diversity in their universe, and making it more realistic to today's standards. We can see that in the cast of Homecoming. So I'm willing to bet we'll see a lot of diversity in the X-Men. Because given their recent interest in promoting diversity, I don't see them ignoring that in their property that is actually about that.

Well, I don't have much to add, cause it's all been said, but yes, yes, yes, more diversity! How many LGBTQ characters are there in X-Men that I could reasonably expect to see in an MCU movie? Can someone give me a full list? i would most appreciate it. :yay:

There is Northstar, of course. From the most iconic characters from the X-Men there is Bobby and Raven. And Rictor and Shatterstar for some reason I see them being developed in TV.

There are others of course.

tumblr_o7u8jgLWTf1r317y8o1_1280.jpg

I guess this is where I post this awesome art again to remind people that ^these^, plus Iceman, Nightcrawler and Psylocke (ignore Jubilee :o), are the X-Men that everyone and their mother wants to see. Not Forge, he is the worst. Never met a mother who didn't hate Forge.

Hmm... If you're talking about indians when you say asian-americans, than it's fine for me. But if you're refering to asians with epicanthic fold eyes, where they'd have that distinctive feature hidden all the time, then I pass. For me it's the basically the same of casting people of color and hiding their sking under blue make-up.
No I meant Asian in general, even though I have to admit I would prefer an actor of Japanese/Chinese/etc. descent because he would look more visually faithful to comic book Cyclops.

I never hated Forge :funny:

I guess this is where I post this awesome art again to remind people that ^these^, plus Iceman, Nightcrawler and Psylocke (ignore Jubilee :o), are the X-Men that everyone and their mother wants to see. Not Forge, he is the worst. Never met a mother who didn't hate Forge.

The characters people want to see and the characters Marvel will surely be investing. I don't see them priortizing Cecelia Reyes, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Armor, Maggot and Forge over Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Angel, Alex, Bobby, Dazzler and a bunch of other white characters...

Glad he's interested.

Forge can be a mansion background character (fixture) without necessarily taking up a field team spot.

I don't see 5, but anyway... 1) With the exception of Bishop I don't see those characters as relevant as Colossus, Kurt or Gambit. 2) I don't want them as the main characters of X-Men movies. 3) 5 black men in that amount of people sound like 2018 standards of diversity to you? For me it doesn't..

Well look again.

It's called being realistic. I mean look at all other mcu films not called black panther. They are like 80% + all white.

Because they are not as popular (which doesn't matter since marvel has the Midas touch) that means make them black?

It doesn't make sense to me. I'd like to see my own heroes represented not recreating something unnecessarily. just my opinion I'll agree to disagree.

Getting one or two black characters in a big budget production is always a win imo. That's how it works right or wrong. That is kinda gross that everyone thinks the only way to get black X-MEN is they have be color swaps with more popular white characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"