Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream for the MCU reboot is for there to be a Disney plus series to run side by side with the films. I think the seasons should build up to the films so that way we can get smaller X-men stories told over multiple episodes with a lot of character development for every character while doing the big action stuff in the films.I would focus on the original 5 at first and then bring in the 90s team in a later film. I would wait to do stuff like xforce, excabilur until at least 10 years into the reboot.

Also I think something like this would make a great theme. Something futuristic.

The possibilities are endless, and that’s super exciting. But we can absolutely be sure Disney is going to milk this IP for every penny. There will be multiple movies, characters appearing in various other films, tv shows, animated series, toys, video games, etc:

So, as a fan I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy.

Some X-Men members could be developed there too. Sort of like Nat, Falcon and Winter Soldier in Captain America.

I'd have Jubilee as his sidekick and keep Kitty as the main teenage POV character in the X-men.
Personally, I'd rather have Armor as Logan's sidekick, but I agree with the general idea. Overall, though, I think Wolverine in the MCU would be best as a streaming series.

as long as Wolverine isnt the only one getting his own project, I'll be happy.
(and no, Im not counting deadpool, Im talking about actual X-Men members). but yeah, its Marvel Studios, so they will take advantage of e v e r y d * * * posibility, not just Logan. They arent Fox after all.

Reactions: Rem
M

MCU Thor isn't actually a god, either.

Citation very much needed. Thor is a mostly-immortal superpowered being who possesses magic powers, and was worshipped by humans. That's pretty much dead on the definition of "god" used by the actual Norse pagans, and the MCU certainly hasn't introduced any other useful definition. And before you bring up "but no real spiritual existence", note that Odin, Thor's dad, showed up *after* dying to give mystical pep talks.

Citation very much needed. Thor is a mostly-immortal superpowered being who possesses magic powers, and was worshipped by humans. That's pretty much dead on the definition of "god" used by the actual Norse pagans, and the MCU certainly hasn't introduced any other useful definition. And before you bring up "but no real spiritual existence", note that Odin, Thor's dad, showed up *after* dying to give mystical pep talks.

Using that definition, Storm would also be a deity given that she possesses magical powers and was worshipped by humans. Fox's version of Storm was also mostly-immortal. The First Class version didn't change much at all in a decade, and Halle Berry was just as fetching in DOFP as she was in her first X-Men appearance decades prior.

As I stated earlier, Bale is going to need some gods to butcher in Love & Thunder, and there ain't enough Asgardians left that fit that description. So Feige and company may have to be a bit flexible regarding their definition of deity. Was Thanos a god? What about Ego, or folks like the Grandmaster and the Collector? The Eternals make some sense given they are based on the Greek Pantheon, so maybe Bale will be able to knock off one or two that aren't Angelina Jolie. But I wouldn't be surprised if a certain African Weather Witch was classified as godly as well.

You can make the exact same argument about introducing her in BP2 though. Whichever film she appears in, if she's already been on a superhero adventure isn't Xavier's school beneath her? Not necessarily. She'd still be a potentially quite young mutant who still needs to get a handle on her powers. Or maybe they go make Storm older and wiser from the start and have her as a leader and mentor to the younger X-men.
It's the difference between introducing Peter Parker as a YouTube sensation vs introducing him as the head of Parker Industries.

Storm being in Black Panther II means she's still in Africa, means she hasn't seen the world yet, means she hasn't found her calling (with the X-Men) yet. Whereas introducing her in Thor 4 means she's already a globetrotting universe hopping adventurer before the X-Men even come into the picture

Storm in Black Panther II is origins. Storm in Thor 4 is... Something else, premature.

I think this is selling Taika a little short, just because his take on the MCU is a more comedic one than most directors that doesn't mean he's incapable of writing serious moments. If the rumour is true we'll probably have some humorous moments with Storm but that doesn't make her a parody of herself.
I mean, almost all of his characters in Ragnarok were caricatures. Storm is gonna have to fit his tone. And because it's not her movie, she's likely gonna be flanderized like Korg. So expect to see the melodramatic, over-the-top Storm played up for laughs

ETA:I think it's clear that the MCU is making links in phase 4 between parts of the universe that aren't always obvious at first glance. Wandavision seems like a strange place to introduce Monica Rambeau, Does Loki have any connection to the TVA in the comics? If the rumour is true I trust Fiege that it will work.
I have absolutely no problem with X-Men characters showing up throughout different films/shows. I fully expect this to happen, as Feige is gonna want to build up to things

But I'd prefer the projects they appear in, make sense (beyond a surface level), and serve that character. Whether it's Rogue in CM or Storm in Black Panther. But I wouldn't be excited for a Iceman appearance as a member of the Thunderbolts
My dream for the MCU reboot is for there to be a Disney plus series to run side by side with the films. I think the seasons should build up to the films so that way we can get smaller X-men stories told over multiple episodes with a lot of character development for every character while doing the big action stuff in the films.I would focus on the original 5 at first and then bring in the 90s team in a later film. I would wait to do stuff like xforce, excabilur until at least 10 years into the reboot.

Also I think something like this would make a great theme. Something futuristic.

For me, synth will always be the X-Men's signature sound, and I'd love to see the MCU pay homage to that. I've suggested Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross in the past

I could totally see that playing over a scene of Kitty (or Bobby) moving into the school, and getting accustomed to things.

Using that definition, Storm would also be a deity given that she possesses magical powers and was worshipped by humans. Fox's version of Storm was also mostly-immortal. The First Class version didn't change much at all in a decade, and Halle Berry was just as fetching in DOFP as she was in her first X-Men appearance decades prior.

As I stated earlier, Bale is going to need some gods to butcher in Love & Thunder, and there ain't enough Asgardians left that fit that description. So Feige and company may have to be a bit flexible regarding their definition of deity. Was Thanos a god? What about Ego, or folks like the Grandmaster and the Collector? The Eternals make some sense given they are based on the Greek Pantheon, so maybe Bale will be able to knock off one or two that aren't Angelina Jolie. But I wouldn't be surprised if a certain African Weather Witch was classified as godly as well.
Well, sure this benefits Gorr, adding stakes (I know nothing about Gorr), beefs up his body count.. but how does this benefit Ororo? She's not likely to get any meaningful development, as there are dozens of other characters.

She might get an action scene to show off her abilities, but that's it. Storm wll be left in the dust by Taika, and whoever gets writing duties for X-Men will be forced to figure how his vision of a hilarious weather witch goddess can fit into a more grounded narrative about a school; teachers, students, and social justice issues.

Last edited:
It's the difference between introducing Peter Parker as a YouTube sensation vs introducing him as the head of Parker Industries.

Storm being in Black Panther II means she's still in Africa, means she hasn't seen the world yet, means she hasn't found her calling (with the X-Men) yet. Whereas introducing her in Thor 4 means she's already a globetrotting universe hopping adventurer before the X-Men even come into the picture

Storm in Black Panther II is origins. Storm in Thor 4 is... Something else, premature.

I mean, almost all of his characters in Ragnarok were caricatures. Storm is gonna have to fit his tone. And because it's not her movie, she's likely gonna be flanderized like Korg. So expect to see the melodramatic, over-the-top Storm played up for laughs

I have absolutely no problem with X-Men characters showing up throughout different films/shows. I fully expect this to happen, as Feige is gonna want to build up to things

This is making a big assumption about what exactly her appearance entails. Storm appearing in Thor 4 doesn't necessarily mean she goes on a space adventure with Thor. I think - if the rumour is true - it's more likely that this is just a tease of Storm where she appears in one or two scenes. Say for example Gorr has made his way to Earth and crash lands in Kenya. He hears stories of a nearby village and their local weather goddess aka Storm. Being the God-butcher he decides to take her out resulting in a clash between Storm and Gorr with Thor(s) arriving in the nick of time. We get to see a bit more of Gorr trying to butcher some Gods, we see Thor interacting with another lightning user and we get a tease of Storm. She sees a bit of the wider world, maybe the altercation inspires her to leave her village and travel the continent and that's where we pick her up in Black Panther 2.

That's a super rough, five minute spit-ball but the point is that Storm having a cameo in Thor4 doesn't mean she's going into space. I think it's quite likely that a lot of Thor 4 will take place on Earth, given that Asgard is now on Earth and given that it features Jane Foster.

And as for how she's written, if she is in Thor Fiege will absolutely have input in how she's written. I don't doubt that we'll have some funny moments with her but Fiege won't let Taika turn her into a joke. For all we know they'll bring in Ryan Coogler and/or our future X-men director for input on how she is written.

You raise an interesting point about the definition of gods in the MCU. There aren't really gods in the MCU, just superpowered beings of increasing strength. Where do you draw the line. I think a good place to draw the line is specifically beings who are worshipped. Don't know his exact motivation in the comics but I think in the MCU he'll specifically have a grudge against those that are called Gods and worshipped by others. He'll be obsessed with showing people that their so called gods can die like anyone else. Storm definitely fits that bill.

Storm in Black Panther II is origins. Storm in Thor 4 is... Something else, premature

I'm with you. But to be completely honest, my biggest problem is Taika. She could be introduced in Ant-Man, I would think it's odd and that it doesn't make sense, but I would feel better knowing it was under Coogler's take.

I don't think Taika is the right one to introduce Storm in the MCU. Sorry.

MCU can adapt all things Foxverse didnt adapt yet:

-Scott/Emma relation. Jean died during first 3 phases and they start flirting post-endgame
-Wolverine's mask. why not a mask with some technologies included, allowing him to increase his senses. Shiny claws. More acrobatic, more bestial, more nervous, more dramatic
-Storm worshipped by her people
-Beast in his new x-men look
-Iceman as a comic relief character
-Jubilee as the youngest member
-Rogue/Gambit relationship
-Warren becoming Archangel with blue skin, after using Angel codename several years
-Psylocke has telepathic powers and teaches martial arts to young x-men

I'm with you. But to be completely honest, my biggest problem is Taika. She could be introduced in Ant-Man, I would think it's odd and that it doesn't make sense, but I would feel better knowing it was under Coogler's take.

I don't think Taika is the right one to introduce Storm in the MCU. Sorry.

If Storm is introduced in a film prior to X-men, whatever that film may be I think it's safe to say that Fiege and perhaps Coogler or perhaps the director of X-men will have input. Taika wouldn't be given free reign over the character. Infinity War and Endgame started a precedent for MCU directors dipping into other films to make sure "their" characters are written right.

This is making a big assumption about what exactly her appearance entails. Storm appearing in Thor 4 doesn't necessarily mean she goes on a space adventure with Thor. I think - if the rumour is true - it's more likely that this is just a tease of Storm where she appears in one or two scenes. Say for example Gorr has made his way to Earth and crash lands in Kenya. He hears stories of a nearby village and their local weather goddess aka Storm. Being the God-butcher he decides to take her out resulting in a clash between Storm and Gorr with Thor(s) arriving in the nick of time. We get to see a bit more of Gorr trying to butcher some Gods, we see Thor interacting with another lightning user and we get a tease of Storm. She sees a bit of the wider world, maybe the altercation inspires her to leave her village and travel the continent and that's where we pick her up in Black Panther 2.

That's a super rough, five minute spit-ball but the point is that Storm having a cameo in Thor4 doesn't mean she's going into space. I think it's quite likely that a lot of Thor 4 will take place on Earth, given that Asgard is now on Earth and given that it features Jane Foster.

And as for how she's written, if she is in Thor Fiege will absolutely have input in how she's written. I don't doubt that we'll have some funny moments with her but Fiege won't let Taika turn her into a joke. For all we know they'll bring in Ryan Coogler and/or our future X-men director for input on how she is written.

You raise an interesting point about the definition of gods in the MCU. There aren't really gods in the MCU, just superpowered beings of increasing strength. Where do you draw the line. I think a good place to draw the line is specifically beings who are worshipped. Don't know his exact motivation in the comics but I think in the MCU he'll specifically have a grudge against those that are called Gods and worshipped by others. He'll be obsessed with showing people that their so called gods can die like anyone else. Storm definitely fits that bill.
tenor-1.gif

I hear you, I completely understand where you're coming from. But I'm just not feeling this.

If Storm is introduced in a film prior to X-men, whatever that film may be I think it's safe to say that Fiege and perhaps Coogler or perhaps the director of X-men will have input. Taika wouldn't be given free reign over the character. Infinity War and Endgame started a precedent for MCU directors dipping into other films to make sure "their" characters are written right.
Feige will definitely have input. But the question is, how much input will he let Taika have? The Russos were heavily involved in the casting process for Spider-Man and Black Panther for Civil War, because it was their film. Ditto for Jon Favreau (Iron Man)? James Gunn (GOTG), Jon Watts (Homecoming). All of these directors heavily influence the portrayal of characters in their films

Thor 4 is shooting right now, or about to. The X-Men director hasn't been chosen yet (as far as know). So if this rumor is true, Taika is absolutely going to be the one to define Storm in the MCU before anyone else

The possibilities are endless, and that’s super exciting. But we can absolutely be sure Disney is going to milk this IP for every penny. There will be multiple movies, characters appearing in various other films, tv shows, animated series, toys, video games, etc:

So, as a fan I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy.
Go ahead with the milking I say! :cwink:

View attachment 41846

I hear you, I completely understand where you're coming from. But I'm just not feeling this.

Feige will definitely have input. But the question is, how much input will he let Taika have? The Russos were heavily involved in the casting process for Spider-Man and Black Panther for Civil War, because it was their film. Ditto for Jon Favreau (Iron Man)? James Gunn (GOTG), Jon Watts (Homecoming). All of these directors heavily influence the portrayal of characters in their films

Thor 4 is shooting right now, or about to. The X-Men director hasn't been chosen yet (as far as know). So if this rumor is true, Taika is absolutely going to be the one to define Storm in the MCU before anyone else

I mean even if he is, why is that a bad thing? He's a talented director, he helmed one of the MCU's best films. Was Thor ruined by Ragnarok? Far from it - he reinvented Thor for the better and Thor still managed to have serious dramatic moments both in Ragnarok and after.

Would Thor4 be my first choice of film to introduce Storm? No, like many I figured BP2 was the natural place to introduce her. But if this rumour is true then I trust Fiege and Taika and I can see how she might fit in. This idea that Taika is incapable of writing serious moments and that any character he introduces is destined to be a parody is a bad take. The prospect of such a talented director getting to use such an awesome marvel character is exciting.

-Scott/Emma relation. Jean died during first 3 phases and they start flirting post-endgame
-Wolverine's mask. why not a mask with some technologies included, allowing him to increase his senses. Shiny claws. More acrobatic, more bestial, more nervous, more dramatic
-Warren becoming Archangel with blue skin, after using Angel codename several years

nice to see someone talking about different x-men. Keep your comments coming! :hrt::gngl:
I like most of your quotes, specially the last three

I mean even if he is, why is that a bad thing? He's a talented director, he helmed one of the MCU's best films.

We're not saying he's a bad director at all. Only that we don't feel he's a good fit for Storm. The same way I don't feel James Gunn is a good fit to direct Black Panther movies, for instance.

I love GotG, but I don't want the X-men looking like dumbasses. Is Quill so dumb in the comics? Serious question.

This idea that Taika is incapable of writing serious moments and that any character he introduces is destined to be a parody is a bad take.

The idea that Marvel is 100% flawless is not a very good one either.

Also, do you mind sharing his serious and dramatic moments in the MCU? I genuinely don't remember.

Re: Thor rumor. Here for it. If only because it's already subverting every expectation of how these characters are going to be introduced.

Again, the possibilities are endless.

Absolute wants!
Wolverine's mask
Storm being held up as a goddess in Africa
Iceman as a comic relief character
Jubilee as the youngest member
Rogue/Gambit relationship
Warren becoming Archangel with blue skin, after using Angel codename several years
Psylocke has telepathic powers and teaches martial arts to young x-men

Scott and Emma relationship I don't really want, especially to start. I want Scott and Jean's relationship to be the strongest in the MCU, and this time I want Jean to embrace Phoenix and to not bother with Dark Phoenix .
Beast - I'm fine with cat-beast but I don't think they mastered the regular Beast look to date either so I'd be in favour of getting both looks across a number of films.

wait...... Feige just said some days ago that all new supporting characters appearing on the movies will get their own series, so.......

will Storm be the first x-men/woman to get her own show, then?? :wow:

We're not saying he's a bad director at all. Only that we don't feel he's a good fit for Storm. The same way I don't feel James Gunn is a good fit to direct Black Panther movies, for instance.

I love GotG, but I don't want the X-men looking like dumbasses. Is Quill so dumb in the comics? Serious question.

It's completely valid to say that a certain director isn't the right fit for a certain film, but we're not talking about Taika directing a Storm feature here. We're talking about what will probably be a brief cameo, a few scenes at most. Taika can surely reign in his comedic style a bit for a scene or two to avoid making Storm into a parody.

I just don't get the hand-wringing here and I think you guys are overthinking the effect this probably small cameo will have on Storm's probably long time in the MCU. Not everything has to be a deep character moment, there's nothing wrong with cameos which are just cool moments where superheroes meet.

Never said it was but it's got a great track record. I trust Fiege, he's successfully masterminded this thing for over a decade and hasn't made any serious missteps yet.

Also, do you mind sharing his serious and dramatic moments in the MCU? I genuinely don't remember.

Ragnarok has it's share of serious moments. Odin's death, Skurge's moment of redemption, Thor unleashing his full powers. And lo and behold Thor was not turned into a parody in future films. He has plenty of moments of genuine drama and pathos in Infinity War and Endgame.

I mean even if he is, why is that a bad thing? He's a talented director, he helmed one of the MCU's best films. Was Thor ruined by Ragnarok? Far from it - he reinvented Thor for the better and Thor still managed to have serious dramatic moments both in Ragnarok and after.

Would Thor4 be my first choice of film to introduce Storm? No, like many I figured BP2 was the natural place to introduce her. But if this rumour is true then I trust Fiege and Taika and I can see how she might fit in. This idea that Taika is incapable of writing serious moments and that any character he introduces is destined to be a parody is a bad take. The prospect of such a talented director getting to use such an awesome marvel character is exciting.
I think it's about time to mention that I was not a fan of Ragnarok. I'm by no means a Thor fan but that film just didn't hit for me like it did for others. And Waititi has gone out of his way to state he does not care for the source material. This level of carelessness is not something I want to see extended to the X-Men universe; one of it's central characters.

Taika's Storm is more than likely going to be a flanderized, over-the-top version. He will want to play up the absurdity of the goddess controlling weather aspect. And whoever comes after, will have to take on this portrayal

I think it's about time to mention that I was not a fan of Ragnarok. I'm by no means a Thor fan but that film just didn't hit for me like it did for others. And Waititi has gone out of his way to state he does not care for the source material. This level of carelessness is not something I want to see extended to the X-Men universe; one of it's central characters.

Taika's Storm is more than likely going to be a flanderized, over-the-top version. He will want to play up the absurdity of the goddess controlling weather aspect. And whoever comes after, will have to take on this portrayal

I guess therein lies our difference of opinion. I'm not a comic reader, I'm interested in what comics the films might draw from but the medium itself doesn't really appeal to me. I thought Ragnarok was great and - while there were certain moments that he made humorous that I wish he hadn't - for the most part I loved his irreverence. But at the same time Ragnarok still had serious payoff at the end when Thor realises his true potential and realises that Asgard is not a place, but a people. Taika's Thor still has dramatic moments and moments of pathos in Infinity War and End Game. I really disagree with the idea that his characters are only good for comedy. Under his direction Thor, Hulk, Loki and Valkyrie all felt like relatable characters with depths beyond the humour. If he is indeed taking on Storm I'm not worried at all, quite the opposite.

And even if you don't trust in Taika, at least trust in Fiege. Fiege wouldn't let a director take Storm (or any major character) in a direction that wasn't right for their main character journey.

Thor 4 is being described as the MCU's "first comedy".

Storm is a tragic character. Her journey from a child living on the streets in the absence of hope, to a wide-eyed young woman with a renewed sense of purpose (and excitement for all the good she can do with the X-Men), to a vet hardened by (the cruelty) of a world that refuses to understand her purpose-- is one of the most compelling characters in Marvel history

And there is nothing funny about it.. But you best believe that Taika will find the humor in it.

And even if you don't trust in Taika, at least trust in Fiege
I trust him, which is why I don't think he's giving Storm to Taika. And if he is, I will be worried.

Thor 4 is being described as the MCU's "first comedy".

Storm is a tragic character. Her journey from a child living on the streets in the absence of hope, to a wide-eyed young woman with a renewed sense of purpose (and excitement for all the good she can do with the X-Men), to a vet hardened by (the cruelty) of a world that refuses to understand her purpose-- is one of the most compelling characters in Marvel history

And there is nothing funny about it.. But you best believe that Taika will find the humor in it.

I liked Ragnarok but I don't really care for Thor and what they do to him.

And I'm just genuinely not interested at all in Taika's take on Storm, especially for an introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"