Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea. I was a big fan of the Ultimate comics and they way everything was streamlined. The perfect team lineup also with a mix of 05 and ANAD.
Same here. I absolutely loved it when it came out, and I still think it holds up. I've always said that the Ultimate O5 would be a great starting/base lineup
20504619._SX540_.jpg

And I'd love to see Wolverine start off as a scum bag/antihero who's only out for himself. I'd also like to see Magneto be truly ruthless in his pursuit of "justice". Ultimate Magneto was terrifying.

There is untapped potential that Marvel can absolutely tap into for their version

Yeah, I loved it too. If the rest of phase 4 is just as good, I won't have much of a problem waiting for the X-Men.

I heard D+ will bring some adult Hulu shows, and the next Deadpool movie is confirmed to be rated-r, so maybe?

But reagardless of that, I don't think his show needs to be violent and gore. They can easily make things work for Logan in a PG-13 way.
Same here. I think a Weapon X/Alpha Flight show could absolutely worK on Disney+, if Falcon & The Winter Soldier is anything to go.

Wolverine's berserker rage will probably be back to X2 levels but I'd be fine that

Last edited:
I collected trade paperbacks of Ultimate X-Men and just hated how it ended.

I prefer how characters are presented in 616 so I hope that it is more 616 inspired. I don't want to see a rock indie girl Dazzler, Magician, Ultimate's take on Lilandra and Jubilee as a member of the alpha flight.

Reactions: Rem
I collected trade paperbacks of Ultimate X-Men and just hated how it ended.

I prefer how characters are presented in 616 so I hope that it is more 616 inspired. I don't want to see a rock indie girl Dazzler, Magician, Ultimate's take on Lilandra and Jubilee as a member of the alpha flight.

Yeah it was only good up until Robert Kirkmam took over around 65 I think and introduced Magician, Alpha flight, an old man Bishop etc. He completely changed the tone and direction of the series which was really unfortunate as the previous writers got it to so well.

I did really like the new Dazzler though. Thought she brought a bit of spice to the team.

Same here. I absolutely loved it when it came out, and I still think it holds up. I've always said that the Ultimate O5 would be a great starting/base lineup

Agreed, although I would add Iceman to the starting lineup. The team needs a bit of comic relief. Maybe they can adapt the first issue in some way where the team goes to rescue/recruit Bobby.

Reactions: Lip
Yeah it was only good up until Robert Kirkmam took over around 65 I think and introduced Magician, Alpha flight, an old man Bishop etc. He completely changed the tone and direction of the series which was really unfortunate as the previous writers got it to so well.

I did really like the new Dazzler though. Thought she brought a bit of spice to the team.
The issues of Ultimate X-Men were some of the earliest comiXs I bought in 2004 and compare to Uncanny/Adjectiveless, the paper cover was extra hard so it felt a bit more eXpensive to me. I was still in early high school at that time. And I bought trade paperbacks to catch up from the previous arcs. But of course Ultimate ended up a short lived title and they didn't even end it nicely which was so disappointing. I never paid attention when they relaunched it as Ultimate Comics X-Men. Also Psylocke was a member of the X-Men for like four issues and that was towards the end of its run. I can't remember if characters like Sage, Emma, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Marrow, Forge and Cecilia were even used. Iirc Sunfire was also a member of the Alpha Flight.

The costumes though looked great in videogames.

I prefer the core 5 being recruited isn't what the story is. I prefer them already be into adulthood.

Agreed, although I would add Iceman to the starting lineup. The team needs a bit of comic relief. Maybe they can adapt the first issue in some way where the team goes to rescue/recruit Bobby.

I would change Beast for Bobby in a heartbeat.

Also, I want Logan to have connections to the team from the start. The X-Men can benefit a lot from that.

Also, I want Logan to have connections to the team from the start. The X-Men can benefit a lot from that.

Yes, I see Beast as more mansion support rather than a field team member.

This is my ideal lineup:
437E3B8A-491B-4563-A68A-07F856808965.jpeg

Wolverine shouldnt be on the first movie. period

Wolverine shouldnt be on the first movie. period
As much as he was over exposed in the fox films, He’s the most popular member. He's going to appear very early on.

Reactions: Lip
As much as he was over exposed in the fox films, He’s the most popular member. He's going to appear very early on.
Not only that, but he'll have his solo movies soon too. We know how Marvel takes advantage of their shared universe to develop their supporting characters. The best thing is to have him connected to the X-Men from the start so we can have some members developed in his movies/shows too, rather than just being solely about him.

but Marvel doesnt work like other studios just reliying on their "big star".
actually Marvel does the opposite of how most studios and even fans think/expect, so......... I wouldnt be so sure. And Feige already said last year or 2 years ago that their take on the x-men would be very different from what Fox did.

but Marvel doesnt work like other studios just reliying on their "big star".
actually Marvel does the opposite of how most studios and even fans think/expect, so......... I wouldnt be so sure. And Feige already said last year or 2 years ago that their take on the x-men would be very different from what Fox did.

True, I didn't think of it like that.

Marvel is very different from other studios because they didn't have the rights of their biggest stars. Only their b-lists. And they started with the biggest stars they had.

We know from reports that Disney is thirsty to get their hands on Logan of all characters from Fox. They'll invest in him as soon as the MCU is ready for the mutants.

If they bring back Logan straight away and he's an established member/acquaintance of the team, I hope they skip the whole Cyclops/Wolverine antipathy. It's been done too many times. Or if they have to have tension between those two, have them do something new with that. Like maybe have Scott and Logan be former friends who had a falling out (possibly because of Logan developed feelings for Jean). So, instead of the same old p****ng contest we've seen countless times, we'd have two former friends awkwardly re-establishing their relationship. Just don't give us the same old rivalry sub-plot.

Marvel Studios is patient, they know they can play the long game in building towards characters. They're not rushing to introduce the X-men into the MCU, they don't need to rush introducing Logan. No doubt he's going to be a major player eventually but I'd rather they gave us at least the first movie without him. Maybe keep him in his own show/movie for a bit before crossing him over with the X-men.

Oh, absolutely. And keep Logan away from Jean.

He doesn't have to appear in the X-Men movies. But the X-Men in his.

Or you can make Wolverine into Laura Kinney and circumvent that entirely...

I gotta say, I wouldn't be a fan of this. I don't see how or why Storm would be in Asgard
If the film is deals with mutants as an emerging presence in the MCU, I could see them harkening back to the og X-Men comics in that the X-Men are searching for other mutants.

So the mutants that Xavier has recruited so far (prior to the events of the film)-- Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Storm, Colossus and Beast could be joined by Kitty as a POV. And they rescue Bobby at some point (maybe from the Brotherhood), adding him to the roster. And whoever defuncts from the Brotherhood could also join

So the film starts with the core 5 but adds more throughout the film. Pokemon vibes

So what are the chances they don't give Wolverine bone claws altogether?

I’m already a bit sick of “this x-man will make their debut in this unrelated marvel movie!” rumours. It’s already a bit silly
the x-men reboot hasnt been announced yet and you are already tired of the rumors? lol
well....... get prepared then, because this has just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"