Metal Monstrosities - The Official Sentinels/Project Wideawake thread

I've accepted the look of the Sentinel head now. I still don't really like it, I expected something better but I suppose we'll have to make do.

its the danger room people, why do we have to keep saying this, lol maybe.....proffesor X has a bad taste for design, who the hell knows.... its the f'n danger room, ala not real sentinals.

pyrothebest said:
Clearly , what is wrong with this sentinel :

- Her eyes , too big , and not like human eyes , seems like a robot parody.

- The colour , silver and black is too simple , look likes cheap , why they don't uses the colour plan of the video game or the marvel legends figure ?

- The form of the heads and the face of sentinel , I say , I don't want a nose and a smile , but maybe an angry expression , something human...

- The tall , this head is too little...

And when I think that we cannot yet see the body of the sentinel, the most important , I'm scarred , hope the didn't do a uggly job....:confused:

Do you thing there is a chance that this not a sentinel of trask , but a training mecha of Xavier ?

are you serious right now, sheeesh.

im asking, how?

pyrothebest said:
Clearly , what is wrong with this sentinel :

- Her eyes , too big , and not like human eyes , seems like a robot parody

- The colour , silver and black is too simple , look likes cheap , why they don't uses the colour plan of the video game or the marvel legends figure ?

- The form of the heads and the face of sentinel , I say , I don't want a nose and a smile , but maybe an angry expression , something human...

- The tall , this head is too little...

And when I think that we cannot yet see the body of the sentinel, the most important , I'm scarred , hope the didn't do a uggly job....:confused:

Do you thing there is a chance that this not a sentinel of trask , but a training mecha of Xavier ?

Pink and purple wouldn't look too good on film... it's more campy to use that color.

And when is the Sentinel smiling? :p

And the head is apparently over 8 feet tall. That's pretty perfect in my book.

when I said that " i don't want a noze or a smile " that would say that I want more in the face of the sentinel , not too much like a open mouth , but something human in her expression.. :) that's all.

Spidey 2007 said:
its the danger room people, why do we have to keep saying this, lol maybe.....proffesor X has a bad taste for design, who the hell knows.... its the f'n danger room, ala not real sentinals.

Stop using excuses Spidey!!! It's the DR, so what - anything can look crap, they can get away with crap FX etc but it's OK because it's all in the DR - I don't think so!!! The DR is meant to be a state of the art, holographic simulation - surely they could have come up with something better/more technologically advanced looking than that Sentinel head!! It looks like a transformer from the 80's!

Spidey 2007 said:

X-actly, point well taken.

Just because they're not real DOES NOT mean they can get away with making them look so unimpressive!!

Storm22 said:
Just because they're not real DOES NOT mean they can get away with making them look so unimpressive!!

I think they look impressive.

But to each their own.

Storm22 said:

It's actually quite ridiculous. How can they expect to pack people into theatres if they show the Danger Room scenes in promos and half assed the effects to begin with.

Just a really bad excuse and people should stop using it.

WorthyStevens4 said:
I think they look impressive.

But to each their own.

They look ok Worthy, they could be a lot worse, but can you honestly say that you'd be happy if these exact FX turn up in the final print??

Well nz i agree it look ridiculous, but if some people like it after all..

Now ,from my point of view it's when people begin to be too apologic that studio think that they can give us crap , and we'll buy it..

after that ,like Worthy say to each their own

Maze said:
Well nz i agree it look ridiculous, but if some people like it after all..

Now ,from my point of view it's when people begin to be too apologic that studio think that they can give us crap , and we'll buy it..

after that ,like Worthy say to each their own

But if what Wolverini says is true (which I believe it is), then what we've seen is definitely not finished. So, let's not get too critical until we've seen the scene in full itself. :up:

WorthyStevens4 said:
But if what Wolverini says is true (which I believe it is), then what we've seen is definitely not finished. So, let's not get too critical until we've seen the scene in full itself. :up:
Well , i didn't found the post that Aiden was mentionning :confused:

WorthyStevens4 said:
I believe Wolverini too. :up: And I actually think that the Sentinel head loks good. Not perfect, but good.

WorthyStevens4 said:

Wolverini's post is reassuring but I'd still like to see more than just the head and leg, I'd like to see it from the waist up, firing lasers from it's hands or something and then maybe a shot of the X-Men hiding as it walks by so we get to see it's legs. I don't understand why Ratner would say "it's difficult making the sentinel a character if all we're gonna see is it's head and leg.

now in fact i was reacting to that :

but to spidey credit it's pretty funny lol

So , i read wolverini post , and it's a little reassuring (even if i doubt the directing is going to improve dramatically)

Now she said that too
Still , no explanation as to how Logan got down though

Well this scene will be what it will be ..

Does anyone else think that there is going to be an all out mutant war (see Magneto's Brotherhood vs. Xavier's X-men) at the end of the film. And then because of this, the President will give the "okay" to Trask to deploy the tested Sentinels on the mutant uprising.

And we can explain the Sentinel being in the Danger Room that Xavier got the plans from someone inside the White House that he knows, or from Magneto when Mystique raided Stryker's files.

But I'd like to see the Mutants all fight one-another, then the Mutants fight for Survival, getting National attention of their open existence. We need SOMETHING huge to present closure to this trillogy.

-R

Robin91939 said:
Does anyone else think that there is going to be an all out mutant war (see Magneto's Brotherhood vs. Xavier's X-men) at the end of the film. And then because of this, the President will give the "okay" to Trask to deploy the tested Sentinels on the mutant uprising.

And we can explain the Sentinel being in the Danger Room that Xavier got the plans from someone inside the White House that he knows, or from Magneto when Mystique raided Stryker's files.

But I'd like to see the Mutants all fight one-another, then the Mutants fight for Survival, getting National attention of their open existence. We need SOMETHING huge to present closure to this trillogy.

-R

That's always been my theory. But, I don't know what'll happen anymore.
I always figured when Kitty grabbed files from Stryker's computer at the end of X2, she grabbed the files on Project Wideawake too. And that's how they got info on Sentinels.

The sentinels in X-men 3 are purely for the danger room they are only hinted at later on in the movie. the story does follow trask and it will end leading the story towards this... showing the grim look of things that wont come. dman last film :marv:

my cousin would only tell me this much

Sentinels are only a minor part in the film. That has been confirmed. They will not be the government's ultimate weapon in this movie. We have also only gotten reports of a sentinel head and foot and that was for the DR...which we have seen...the head at least. If sentinels were a player in the final battle, they would be part of the plot arc, but they are not.

OK...I saw the scene and all i can say is WOW!!!
With all the great things us X-fans are getting in this film I can't see how anyone would be upset with even a sneak-peek at a Sentinel. When I saw those glowing eyes I was out of my seat for the rest of the clip. :eek:
Obviously they are in the DR, so it's not gonna look quite as impressive as when we finally see the real Sentinels at the climax of this film or in the next one.

don't know if this has been posted;

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND UPDATE

The Sentinel head that was shown during Hugh Jackman's appearance on NBC's The Tonight Show on Friday was not a special effect.

"It's practical," X-Men: The Last Stand special effects supervisor John Bruno told The Continuum during a visit to the set in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Later, journalists were shown the head, which is about 8 feet high and 15 feet in circumference.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=19210

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"