Metal Monstrosities - The Official Sentinels/Project Wideawake thread

Pauluz said:
don't know if this has been posted;

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND UPDATE

The Sentinel head that was shown during Hugh Jackman's appearance on NBC's The Tonight Show on Friday was not a special effect.

"It's practical," X-Men: The Last Stand special effects supervisor John Bruno told The Continuum during a visit to the set in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Later, journalists were shown the head, which is about 8 feet high and 15 feet in circumference.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=19210

I know that they have an actual prop head built but that one in the scene seemd CGI to me. You can obviously tell. Maybe they will use the head for the scene when Wolverine actually cuts it off.

Pauluz said:
...on Friday was not a special effect.

"It's practical," X-Men: The Last Stand special effects supervisor John Bruno told The Continuum during a visit to the set in Vancouver, British Columbia.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=19210

Yup that's been brought up before, but thanks for contributing.

It's a prop and it deffinitely looks like one, take that as you may.

Thsi clip as unfinished as it was, still proves that without the right man at the helm, the producers will screw up a movie. From what I've seen this is one of those franchise killing movies. I mean the sentinals are such a bad idea anyway. In the comics, fairly plausible. In the cartoons they are good for the fantasy violence. In a real setting they are hokey and pathetic. After all how hard is it to hide from a giant robot? Just stand behind it's foot for crying out loud. It would have been nice to get a real director onboard but they had to meet a start date and had to get what they could. Oh well.

The fact that the Sentinels are part of an illusory scene in X3, (and that we already have several threads discussing this here) notwithstanding, I must ask: Now that you've vented, do you feel....better? ;)

much thanks for asking Lightning... but my gut tells me this is a danger room scene so that makes me feel a bit better too...

Screenscribe said:
Thsi clip as unfinished as it was, still proves that without the right man at the helm, the producers will screw up a movie. From what I've seen this is one of those franchise killing movies. I mean the sentinals are such a bad idea anyway. In the comics, fairly plausible. In the cartoons they are good for the fantasy violence. In a real setting they are hokey and pathetic. After all how hard is it to hide from a giant robot? Just stand behind it's foot for crying out loud. It would have been nice to get a real director onboard but they had to meet a start date and had to get what they could. Oh well.
You obviously have never been hunted by 40 foot robots. :o

blind_fury said:
You obviously have never been hunted by 40 foot robots. :o
LOL!!

WOTW JP1,2,3 KINGKONG GHOSTBUSTERS MATRIX REV.(sort of) had gigantic evil things why not X3?:o

The thing is theyve ONLY put Sentinel(s) in for the fans...they could atleast have had the head LOOK like a sentinel if that's all we get.

The spotlight eyes in the fog were promising, but then we get rectangle blinking red eyes?

Very yuck.

xwolverine2 said:
LOL!!

WOTW JP1,2,3 KINGKONG GHOSTBUSTERS MATRIX REV.(sort of) had gigantic evil things why not X3?:o

would have been funny in the Leno clip if the head of the Stay Puft Marshmellow man came crashing down! :)

Screenscribe said:
Thsi clip as unfinished as it was, still proves that without the right man at the helm, the producers will screw up a movie. From what I've seen this is one of those franchise killing movies. I mean the sentinals are such a bad idea anyway. In the comics, fairly plausible. In the cartoons they are good for the fantasy violence. In a real setting they are hokey and pathetic. After all how hard is it to hide from a giant robot? Just stand behind it's foot for crying out loud. It would have been nice to get a real director onboard but they had to meet a start date and had to get what they could.
11eorly8mt.jpg

-TNC

NocturnalMadman said:
The thing is theyve ONLY put Sentinel(s) in for the fans...they could atleast have had the head LOOK like a sentinel if that's all we get.

The spotlight eyes in the fog were promising, but then we get rectangle blinking red eyes?

Very yuck.
Agreed. :up:

Hell yeah it does.

They've ONLY put Sentinel(s) in for the fans...they could atleast have had the head LOOK like a sentinel if that's all we get.

NocturnalMadman said:

Very yuck.

So the eyes are what makes the Sentinel look un-Sentinel like? :confused:

sparky_parker said:
would have been funny in the Leno clip if the head of the Stay Puft Marshmellow man came crashing down! :)
rotflmao!!!:eek:

I really wish we could distinguish between what's in the clip now and what the final look will be, because it's really splitting the opinions up...

-TNC

WorthyStevens4 said:

Now that I look at it, NOTHING resembles a sentinel, the nose and overall headshape MAYBE, the mouth and overall design not at all.

But those EYES are the stuff of nightmares.

If you flip the image upside down, so it's the "right way" up, it is REALLY monstrous

nt sure if the whole "action in the darkness" was due to buget reasons or the director trying to be artsy... but I would have at least like to seen what he did. But as for being hunted myself? I'd just go into the subway or in a building or maybe just run around and around its feet. I never saw how these things could be a menace. they do more harm to proeprty and humans than they ever would mutants.

WorthyStevens4 said:
we should compare them side by side. anyone got pics of both the movie sentinel and the comic book sentinel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"