Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

i mean did you look at the thread title. This is the purpose of the thread...so why come in here and tell others how they should believe or see things....

I understand people have there own opinions and that's fine. But haters act like they are being forced to go see these movies. No amount of complaining is going to change what these movies are or have done. Haters have been here bashing and crying since 07 and I am just tired of seeing post topics crying still. Like seriously,if you hated the previous 2 movies you will most likely hate dark of the moon no matter what. So what's the point of you being here? Just to continue to whine about the things you don't like and how Bay ruined your childhood?

Seems a bit crazy and a waste of time to constantly post about how much I hate a movie franchise. I would post my opinion and then move on to movies that I do like.

Last edited:
Seriously dude, TF 2 sucked sure but TF 1 was not that bad and they are not the worst ever. I have seen much worst movies in my lifetime.My entire post/ rant was directed at people like you that are still here crying over spilt milk. Bay has his own take on TF some like it some don't. You don't have to see these movies if you don't like them. All your doing is paying money to cry about everything you don't like. Like I have said the TF mythos is really that spectacular. Now G1 cartoon is average at best. I think some of you are still blinded by childhood memories or whatever you wanna call it. The sole purpose for the comics, cartoons etc was to sell toys.

At those point I don't even think a reboot with a new cast, director etc would please all you complainers. Even if it's a freaking scene for scene recreation of the G1 or later cartoon fanboys would STILL be crying about something. X character didn't have enough screen time, his voices was'nt right, his design sucks, etc it like non stop. Like a said many times before deal with what we got or move on.

I was being mostly sarcastic. The hate for Bay/TF is above and beyond rational. I understand alot of people not liking it, and I definitely understand some of those people not loving it. But I've never understood why some people hate it. And consider it the worst movie ever made.

Moreover, I'm not a fan of this thread, never have been and I think it facilitates negativity and scares posters away.

I was being mostly sarcastic. The hate for Bay/TF is above and beyond rational. I understand alot of people not liking it, and I definitely understand some of those people not loving it. But I've never understood why some people hate it. And consider it the worst movie ever made.

Moreover, I'm not a fan of this thread, never have been and I think it facilitates negativity and scares posters away.

Well sorry for calling you out. Lol I am just tired of the haters constant whinning. Seriously, it seems like it's more haters on these boards than fans.

Well sorry for calling you out. Lol I am just tired of the haters constant whinning. Seriously, it seems like it's more haters on these boards than fans.

don't let it get to you...just remember what Xavier says to magneto in the new trailer :cwink:

and believe me from the perspective of the "haters" as you put it, there's way more of us "likers" on the boards, it's weird that way.

I understand people have there own opinions and that's fine. But haters act like they are being forced to go see these movies. No amount of complaining is going to chance what these movies are or have done. Haters have been here bashing and crying since 07 and I am just tired of seeing post topics crying still. Like seriously,if you hated the previous 2 movies you will mostly hate dark of the moon no matter what. So what's the point of you being here? Just to continue to whine about the things you don't like and how Bay ruined your childhood?

Seems a bit crazy and a waste of time to constantly post about how much I hate a movie franchise. I would post my opinion and then move on to movies that I do like.

well i understand where you are coming from, and i agree if someone just say it sucked and didnt add anything to their comment or statement then yes, dont go see anymore of the movies. but if you dont like it and you give valid reasons why and they have continued on in the sequel then really you shouldnt have a issue with anyone not liking the movie or their reasons to not liking the movie. Thats the only stand point i'm coming from

and like i said, it would be pretty stupid for someone to add any negative comment without actually viewing what they are commenting on. So if they are just being a hater to be a hater...they really should focus their attention elsewhere, but alot of ppl have given good reasons to why they didnt like it and would like to see improvements and hence the reason to still go see the movie to see if any improvements have been made

cuz after all not only is this a child-hood coming to life, there may never be another live-action TF movie...so there's no reason not to want and expect more of what you are viewing...

facilitates negativity and scares posters away.

iF that really is the outcome then for those posters that got scared away I would suggest showing alittle more backbone. Because after all. This is the internet your gonna get an range of reactions and comments. You fish out the ones you like and the ones you dont like. No one is gonna change what people comment on and that's with anything.

Last edited:
but the thing is the same things people had issues with in the first and second movies will be there for the last one....so at what point do people stop complaining about the robot designs or the use of only GMC cars???
You have every right to complain but at what point do you move on???
I dislike the black rubber suits in the Bat movies...I could continue to waste energy complaining about them or move on to something else.
Again you have every right to complain but what is it getting you?

but the thing is the same things people had issues with in the first and second movies will be there for the last one....so at what point do people stop complaining about the robot designs or the use of only GMC cars???
You have every right to complain but at what point do you move on???
I dislike the black rubber suits in the Bat movies...I could continue to waste energy complaining about them or move on to something else.
Again you have every right to complain but what is it getting you?

Some people dont like Obama for president. He's the president have those people moved no, no. So why should or do you expect anyone to move on from any issue with this movie

if you dont like their comments, do not read them or react to them. Its really simple guys. I'm really surprised at the sensitivity of this whole issue

in fact this thread was made about the first two movies, moreso the second one. Nobody said anything about the third one, some still have their doubts about the third one because of the first two. That's a natural reaction, why can't they have that reaction..I just dont get the sensitivity with some of you guys. Sorry i mean no disrespect but at this point just ignore the comments.

Last edited:
Honestly people who dont like Obama as a president should move on or at least wait til 2012 elections.
again I am not saying you can complain but if your complaint was the designs for example...i could see you complaining for the first movie...but we are now on the third movie and if you are still complaining about the designs then there is an issue there

I understand people have there own opinions and that's fine. But haters act like they are being forced to go see these movies. No amount of complaining is going to chance what these movies are or have done. Haters have been here bashing and crying since 07 and I am just tired of seeing post topics crying still. Like seriously,if you hated the previous 2 movies you will mostly hate dark of the moon no matter what. So what's the point of you being here? Just to continue to whine about the things you don't like and how Bay ruined your childhood?

I love this post!

if the series was a quiet failure I'm sure you'd hear nothing from the haters

I can't believe that this "Feel sorry for me" thread is still allowed to live on.

And if these movies single handly ruined your childhood, then you have bigger problems to worry about than some freaking Transformers movies.

I can't believe that people can't just accept the fact that others might not like these movies. I've read through this thread and it seems like a perfectly fine thread to voice your complaints about the movies... what's the big deal? I don't see anybody spreading their negativity in any other threads, what's wrong with this thread?

I can't believe that people can't just accept the fact that others might not like these movies. I've read through this thread and it seems like a perfectly fine thread to voice your complaints about the movies... what's the big deal? I don't see anybody spreading their negativity in any other threads, what's wrong with this thread?
People have a problem with threads like these because they are part of the reason people look at comic fans like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. It's not much more than a thread in which to cry about how the movie wasn't done the way you wanted. It seems that the people who make these threads feel entitled to a movie made the way they would have made it, and as Mr. Para-Normal said, act as though they are being forced to go see it. No one is making you watch it, no one owes you a G1 movie. If you don't like it, fine, state your opinion and move on. Dont sit and act like a director destroyed your childhood just by making their version of a story or character.

Who are you to say that someone needs to "move on"? Isn't this forum a place for someone to voice their opinion freely? It seems as though some of you just want others to shut up and color. To me, that seems more oppressive than a fanboy who doesn't like a product.

The thread creator stated that the bots were "second fiddlers to the humans with no real personalities other than cliche/stereotypical cannon fodder"... how is that the same as saying someone owes him a G1 movie?

Who are you to say that someone needs to "move on"? Isn't this forum a place for someone to voice their opinion freely? It seems as though some of you just want others to shut up and color. To me, that seems more oppressive than a fanboy who doesn't like a product.

The thread creator stated that the bots were "second fiddlers to the humans with no real personalities other than cliche/stereotypical cannon fodder"... how is that the same as saying someone owes him a G1 movie?
Read a lot of the other posts, and you'll see what I mean about the obsession with G1.

Again, it's not about the complaining that they didn't like the movies, rather the levels they take it to. I mean, come on! Transformers is a mythology, that's been retold countless times, reimagined by various writers, directors, producers, etc.. Yet, somehow, all the other previous incarnations haven't destroyed your love of the series, but this version did. Not only that, but it also, somehow, managed to prevent you from ever going back and enjoying the stuff you already liked. That's a bit ridiculous.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Beast Wars, but that doesn't mean that I can enjoy other incarnations of Transformers, just because I think Beast Wars is about the humblest version of the Transformers mythos. I just didn't watch it. I gave it a fair shake, watched a few episodes, didn't care for it, popped in my copy of Transformers: The Movie, and had fun.

If your favorite band put out an album that you didn't like would you suddenly stop liking that band, all together? No, you just don't listen to that album, and you go back to listening to the earlier stuff. I have a friend who is a huge Metallica fan, as am I. She doesn't like their St. Anger album, but she listens to their other ones, and if they were playing a concert near her, she'd be there. Do you understand my point now?

I never said I misunderstood your point, I was saying that if people want to complain about a movie, then let them complain. If you want to argue with them about their gripes and complaints, then do so... but the moment you start complaining about their complaints... it becomes a matter of oppressing someone's opinion. If the complainers aren't being trolls... then they have every right to complain all they want.

I'm not a fan of the live action film series at all, nor the newest animated series, but I realize that it will be retold one day in a version or meaning that I like anyway.

I never said I misunderstood your point, I was saying that if people want to complain about a movie, then let them complain. If you want to argue with them about their gripes and complaints, then do so... but the moment you start complaining about their complaints... it becomes a matter of oppressing someone's opinion. If the complainers aren't being trolls... then they have every right to complain all they want.

There is a big difference between opressing someone, and thus preventing them from stating heir opinion, and just telling a drama queen to quit being overly dramatic.

Take the post, right before this one. States his opinion, without getting ridiculous.

Let me share a little story with you. I have a friend who is really into comics and comic movies. I told him about his sight and the forums. He then proceeded to tell me what nut jobs the people on "those boards" are. He said he had checked out a site like this one years ago, and was so turned of by the over-blown reactions to the smallest details and how everything was so negative. He said it seemed absurd that there was just no pleasing these fans. I was embarrassed to be a part of that group and did my best to defend the site, but he just shrugged it off.

I have no problem with someone complaining about things they don't like in a movie, just keep it at a reasonable level of lunacy.

Someone could contest that you are being just as "ridiculous" in your dramatization of the "drama queens". Who are you to determine a "reasonable level of lunacy"? Just let people state their opinions... same as any other forum on this website... it's all a matter of opinion. Leave it be.

Someone could contest that you are being just as "ridiculous" in your dramatization of the "drama queens". Who are you to determine a "reasonable level of lunacy"? Just let people state their opinions... same as any other forum on this website... it's all a matter of opinion. Leave it be.

I guess you're right. I suppose people should be allowed to voice their opinions freely. Regardless of how their statements reflect upon the other people in their community.

As I said, if they are not trolling and their opinion is something they truly believe in... there is no need to try and silence them. If you choose to debate/argue with them, hey, that's even more entertainment. I think the people who can't accept other people's opinions as just that, opinions, should leave and have their threads closed.

While I agree my take is this:
When the first movie came out people complained about the robot designs and focus on the humans...understandable.
The second movie comes out and we hear the same thing again
So now the third and final movie comes out and yet we are hearing the same thing.
This is the last Bay movie but not the last transformers movie...maybe the next person will make it the way people remember the cartoons
I am not a fan of the Nolan Batman films...should I complain about this last movie or should I let it go and wait til the reboot

As I said, if they are not trolling and their opinion is something they truly believe in... there is no need to try and silence them. If you choose to debate/argue with them, hey, that's even more entertainment. I think the people who can't accept other people's opinions as just that, opinions, should leave and have their threads closed.

As much as I would love to continue a discussion on how the rantings of over-dramatic fanboys makes the group look bad. However, since all you are going to do is repeat yourself, and ignore the explanations in my posts, I think we're done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"