• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

So at what point in dark of the moon will Optimus stick his cube in Megatron's unicron?

Bay himself said a few times it was the fans that convinced him to give Cullen a shot. He also gave Welker a shot but didn't feel his voiced matched what Megatron should sound like on the big screen.

He said Welker's voice sounded to cartoony.

Hard to take an opinion like that from the man that championed Mudflap and Skids seriously.

Re: Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me - Part 1

[YT]3gR2hlvsDKw[/YT]
this kids childhood remains un-rapped (flames et all)

/thread

[YT]3gR2hlvsDKw[/YT]

/thread

And that's why they only care so much about what one group thinks about the movies, because there is another group that LOVES them.

That kid is an idiot because he probably made Transformers 2 a success :D .

there is no substance to the action, unlikeable human characters, optimus prime (horrible design aside) is voiced well and has some good stuff, robots that look like insects, poorly written plots. great action films are great due to having good characters, it makes you give a **** if the baddy gets a good pwning or the good guy kicks ass if they have good character development and dialouge. bays transformers have got none of that really.

transformers has good characters in the mythology, optimus prime aside, they havent really been done justice to with his movies. its a shame, plus the horrible designs some of the robots have, they should of been more recognisable and dont give me that g1 boxy **** excuse, they could of been designed a lot better than what they have been in todays settings without being boxy and still be recognisable, bumblebee\/starscream especially looks terrible.

i'll probably see dark of the moon on tv or something and i hope to see a reboot with better people at the helm

Roger Ebert agrees with me on how poorly the robots are designed.

Roger Ebert agrees with me on how poorly the robots are designed.

I'm sure if you and mr never wrong, sat in on one the design meetings and then sessions over at ilm you'd realized how poor your choice in words are...on a literal level anyway.

As far as asthetic, it's subjective and thus moot.
The dark knight costume for example...

Yeah I kind of understand where they are coming from with the whole organic machine thing cause thats a pretty interesting take on the design, but its just too busy. Its so detailed its hard to tell whats what in many action scenes. I also didnt like how they emit fluids like sweat and such. That was just not nessesary imo

Yeah I kind of understand where they are coming from with the whole organic machine thing cause thats a pretty interesting take on the design, but its just too busy. Its so detailed its hard to tell whats what in many action scenes. I also didnt like how they emit fluids like sweat and such. That was just not nessesary imo

Mouths and eyes on robots aren't necessary either but to each his own I suppose.

[YT]3gR2hlvsDKw[/YT]

/thread

truely the sign of a good film maker that he has people excited to see a truck drive by

i pretty much agree...i dont care about the rhyme n reason of things....i thought they could of done better with their designs...still villians only stay in a grey color? No other colors..i dont know, maybe that could help with the vision problems some had with the other films....(3rd film still pending)

I honestly don't see how people can still complain after watching the trailer the came out today. It was epic and the tone is darker and it appears to be a full oun invasion movie. What left to whine and cry about. Seriously guys the 80 cartoon was not that spectacular.

I honestly don't see how people can still complain after watching the trailer the came out today. It was epic and the tone is darker and it appears to be a full oun invasion movie. What left to whine and cry about. Seriously guys the 80 cartoon was not that spectacular.

everyone loves to complain about something...even me.
but I think it becomes almost a duty to when a movie you despise or have reservations about becomes a world wide hit.

meh.

To tell the truth I wasnt that impressed by the trailer.

But......that might be because the trailers for the last to films really hyped me but the films let me down.

Here is my thing. I was'nt really a TF fan until 07 when the first movie hit theaters. I was so impressed, that I went back and watched the G1 stuff and read up on things about the characters and story archs over the years via wiki etc. I dont mind Bays take of the TF ( though I didn't care for TF 2) I enjoyed the first one alot. I never really understood the haters and comparing it to g1 stuff. If you really take a look at the G1 stuff now in 2011 it pretty meh. I mean I respect the material but come on megaton turned into a gun in that series REALLY? And the dialogue and some story arches are down right crappy.

Bays movies are not the greatest, but people tend to enjoy them and they are your run of the mill summer blockbusters. The movies have had a postive effect of TF as a whole. It brought in new fans and a renewed interest in the TF brand with a new cartoon series, action figures, video games etc.

Also I never understood all the people who hate the movies but still go see them. Why go see them to sit there for 2 hours looking for things to complain about. It's getting old it's like non stop complaining since 07 in these treads. It dosent take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you hated the other 2 movies you will hate dark of the moon. So either deal with what we got or move on with your life.

Last edited:
Hard to take an opinion like that from the man that championed Mudflap and Skids seriously.

But they weren't Megatron. Somehow for some people, they failed to realize that these two characters adopted their mannerisms from tv and the internet. Why is this so hard to get that its making fun of our media. You see it when eastern cultures adapt US stuff. You get a black figure with big lips that is very racist for african americans but for the japanese its cute and has nothing to do with black people.

Just watched the trailer. Looks to be more of the same but not horrible.

Also... My sig still stands.

^ so that explains what happened to Heath Ledger..

Bays movies are not the greatest, but people tend to enjoy them and they are your run of the mill summer blockbusters. The movies have had a postive effect of TF as a whole. It brought in new fans and a renewed interest in the TF brand with a new cartoon series, action figures, video games etc.

Also I never understood all the people who hate the movies but still go see them. Why go see them to sit there for 2 hours looking for things to complain about. It's getting old it's like non stop complaining since 07 in these treads. It dosent take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you hated the other 2 movies you will hate dark of the moon. So either deal with what we got or move on with your life.

"Forget not great summer blockbusters, hey are the worst movies ever made!"

As many problems as I may have with the modern take of TF, it's this cry for acknowledgement that these money making films are the worst thing to ever hit cinema and don't have a redeemable quality that confuses me...

When really they are just typical summer fare

Michael Bay can make well made action summer blockbusters.

I think, in society, or just fanboys, think it's suddenly kool to hate Michael Bay, so they rat on him no matter what, especially for TF2.

I thought TF2 was a great popcorn movie. Full blown actions, it had everything i wanted and more. IT'S FREAKING CARS TURNING INTO ROBOTS, HOW MUCH OSCAR WINNING STORY LINE AND DIALOGUES DID YOU WANT IN THE MOVIE?

It did what it did, which was to be entertainment for a movie based on toys, seriously.

^ so that explains what happened to Heath Ledger..

"Forget not great summer blockbusters, hey are the worst movies ever made!"

As many problems as I may have with the modern take of TF, it's this cry for acknowledgement that these money making films are the worst thing to ever hit cinema and don't have a redeemable quality that confuses me...

When really they are just typical summer fare

Seriously dude, TF 2 sucked sure but TF 1 was not that bad and they are not the worst ever. I have seen much worst movies in my lifetime.My entire post/ rant was directed at people like you that are still here crying over spilt milk. Bay has his own take on TF some like it some don't. You don't have to see these movies if you don't like them. All your doing is paying money to cry about everything you don't like. Like I have said the TF mythos is really that spectacular. Now G1 cartoon is average at best. I think some of you are still blinded by childhood memories or whatever you wanna call it. The sole purpose for the comics, cartoons etc was to sell toys.

At those point I don't even think a reboot with a new cast, director etc would please all you complainers. Even if it's a freaking scene for scene recreation of the G1 or later cartoon fanboys would STILL be crying about something. X character didn't have enough screen time, his voices was'nt right, his design sucks, etc it like non stop. Like a said many times before deal with what we got or move on.

I'm still wondering when will there be a day when you can have an objective opinion that differs from others that's not looked at as "hate" or a "witchhunt" or just being "negative"

i'm still reading the same things over and over again. "oh bay gets hated on" "oh it was just a 80s cartoon" this just in... Just because you may have like the films of the past does not mean others have to like them nor does it mean others have some type of personal vendetta towards the director

they flat out didnt like the films and gave their reasons...that's pretty simple. as least that's how i see it.

Seriously dude, TF 2 sucked sure but TF 1 was not that bad and they are not the worst ever. I have seen much worst movies in my lifetime.My entire post/ rant was directed at people like you that are still here crying over spilt milk. Bay has his own take on TF some like it some don't. You don't have to see these movies if you don't like them. All your doing is paying money to cry about everything you don't like. Like I have said the TF mythos is really that spectacular. Now G1 cartoon.

i could be wrong but i think "Marvin" liked the movies, if you go back through this thread you would see he is a fan of Bay's work, and again you are missing the point. YOu have your right to like it, and others have their right to dislike it. You should not have a say whether others like the vision or not. That's their opinions and they have a right.

and if they are complaining they have the right to understand and know what they are complaning about. because i'm sure posters like you would say "you didnt even see the film, what is your issue truly about"

i mean did you look at the thread title. This is the purpose of the thread...so why come in here and tell others how they should believe or see things....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"