Michael Giacchino WILL score The Batman

I wouldn't judge Giacchino's work within the MCU too harshly. They are known for having a certain template the composers have to hit, and even Alan Silvestri managed to create one of his worst and blandest scores ever, for the original Avengers (the Endgame score was, surprisingly, a return to glory).
It's amazing how bad the first Avengers movie was technical wise. Don't even get me into the story. The Avengers score is probably the blandest sounding **** in the MCU.

Giacchino's score in the Apes films are great. Leagues better than his output from the MCU. Based on that screen test, Batman's score is on track to be superb.

It's amazing how bad the first Avengers movie was technical wise. Don't even get me into the story. The Avengers score is probably the blandest sounding **** in the MCU.

Giacchino's score in the Apes films are great. Leagues better than his output from the MCU. Based on that screen test, Batman's score is on track to be superb.

You know, weirdly enough, even though im pretty lukewarm on the actual movie itself, i LOVE Giachinno’s Far From Home score. I dont know why, its just very kinetic and the themes are catchy. I often listen to the FFH score at the gym.

To be fair, though, Silvestri more than made up for it in the Endgame score. And Giacchino's Spider-Man theme is pretty much in line with the tone and general feel they've set up for the character.

You know, weirdly enough, even though im pretty lukewarm on the actual movie itself, i LOVE Giachinno’s Far From Home score. I dont know why, its just very kinetic and the themes are catchy. I often listen to the FFH score at the gym.
Nah. I'll concede that FFH's score probably sounds good as a stand alone, but the execution within the movie was generic as hell.
To be fair, though, Silvestri more than made up for it in the Endgame score. And Giacchino's Spider-Man theme is pretty much in line with the tone and general feel they've set up for the character.
I agree about Endgame. The Avengers theme in Endgame was great, especially during the final battle.

I was a bit worried about the music at first, but after hearing it, Im so damn sold. Music is an integral part of the character, whether it Elfmans theme or Zimmers TDK score. This is gonna join those as iconic

Last edited:
First note of the new theme reminds me so much of the way the BTAS theme starts

That little tease of the score was great. Could be something special.

For some reason, I really felt the structure of the music being similar to John Murphy's "In the House, In a Heartbeat" (28's themes), something I think really works in a Batman atmosphere. Especially if noir one:

(Tbf, and in my humble opinion, if that music was named "The Batman" it'd fit nicely with the style we been seeing, lol)

The theme is awesome. Such a breath of fresh air after the mostly generic film scores of superhero movies nowadays. This is great Giacchino. I don't ask for something iconic, just memorable and distinct. If I can hum it, that's a good sign.

Can't wait for the full song to be added on Spotify so I can listen to it while playing Batman Arkham. Maybe even Injustice 2 as I mainly play as Batman or Bane

Same. Can't stop listening to it. That build-up is top notch.

First note of the new theme reminds me so much of the way the BTAS theme starts

Same. I was scared the theme would be just a new version of the btas theme (like he did with spider-man). I like the ending of the theme way more, probably because it feels more like its own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"