• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Minority Report

R_3 said:
I remember watching this before I knew who Colin Farell was so when I saw him appear on an awards show, I was so surprised by his accent.

Yeah, same. I had no idea he was Irish. He didn't slip at all in Minority Report.

Minority Report was his last good movie. you can see his oddness in Mission Impossible 3 just like you can see Winona Ryders Oddness in Mr. Deeds.

Very cool movie, and one of Cruise's best. Havent watched it in ages but i might do again now.

One of my fav Sci-Fi movies and one of the best big budget summer movies of recent years:up:

Stewie Griffin said:
I've heard that the events after John is put into the prison casing are actually all his "hopes and dreams" coming true... There is a line that Gideon says to John when he asks what the prisoners think about that supports this. So, some speculate that the ending is all in Anderton's head.

Wow, I never thought about it that way. The ending always bugged me, just because I had wished it had ended with him going into the tank. Seeing it that way though, does make it better.

One of my favorite scenes is when they are escaping through the mall and she's telling him when to move. Pretty slick. :up:

Great movie. Its funny though, I remember it came out the same year as Episode II and a lot of the special effects were simliar.

You have good taste. I really like this film too. It's not a meaningless sci-fi/action film. There is quite a good story.

R_3 said:
I was suprised to see Monority Report/A.I. dvd pack selling for $20 a while back. I consider that really cheap since they're both 2-disc sets and also 2 of Spielberg's best IMO

$20 bucks?!? I bought it at Tower Records last month for $10!! Then, unbeknownst to me, it came on network television that same night!

moviespud said:
You have good taste. I really like this film too. It's not a meaningless sci-fi/action film. There is quite a good story.

Of course not. Its based on a story by Philip k Dick.

a drugged out hippy who had regular conversations with God.

If you ask me, his books should be required reading at school.

I liked the movie because the precogs got it right and the guy Cruise was "accused" of killing actually did die.

The first 15 minutes is one of the best scenes in cinema history.

I heard one ending had the "X amount of murders occured in Washington, DC the next year." Which I would've loved to have seen.

Palpadious said:
Gaffigan quote/ "You know what I liked about the movie, no reading"

Imagine Gaffigan in that film; he would be ivory white.

xwolverine2 said:
ah....... your one of THOSE:mad:
i'm one of those people of different sort -- YOU'RE.

i liked this movie and Legend. that's it. everything else by cruise, i do not watch for anti-religious reasons.

Very good movie, not great, but very good.

Script is nice and vissual style looks perfect for movie like this. Cruise and Farell were excellent as their characters.

I will give it 8.5 out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"