The Dark Knight Rises Mob Boss?

Rupert Thorne would be cool, but if they use him then bring in Hugo Strange to play off their story arc back in the 70's.

But who I want to see next is Anthony Zucco. I know Bale doesn't want Robin in the franchise, but that doesn't mean they still can't intro Dick Grayson. Robin is a very important part of Batman's history. Have part three end with Bruce training Dick to become Robin (or even Nightwing). That way the trilogy goes full circle. Then you can let the next director and cast tackle Robin's adventure.

The mob will always be in Gotham City. No matter what. Criminality should double up from the second one into the third, but the mob will always be present in Gotham City, no matter what.

I don't think they will stop existing I just think by including the mob as a major plot point again without even thinking you are going to end up with a plot line too similar to either TDK or BB. We know how the Gotham Mob works and we've had 2 movies that already explained them. Its time for Batman to worry about something else.

Its time for Batman to worry about something else.

But the thing is, the mob will ALWAYS be there. If Batman needs to be reedemed in the eyes of the public, and the threat of Gotham being vompletley controlled by criminality in Batman's absents (because he is hunted by the police) then this could be his chance to return and show the peopl of GC that he is truly a hero.

I'm not saying that there will not be mainstream villains (I suggested The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Catowman, and Oswald Cobblepot) but the mob/mafia needs to be apart of it.

But the thing is, the mob will ALWAYS be there. If Batman needs to be reedemed in the eyes of the public, and the threat of Gotham being vompletley controlled by criminality in Batman's absents (because he is hunted by the police) then this could be his chance to return and show the peopl of GC that he is truly a hero.

I'm not saying that there will not be mainstream villains (I suggested The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Catowman, and Oswald Cobblepot) but the mob/mafia needs to be apart of it.

Well I suppose my point is, all of the major villains in both Batman movies were some how linked to the Gotham Mob. While thats fine, I want someone a bit more unique now. Some way of showing that while the mob exists and is powerful in Gotham there is also the other things that be as bad. I think The Riddler can be done as something different and unconnected to the mob, so can Freeze and if you make Black Mask more of a corporate terrorist or cult leader then you also have something unique. To me TDK felt more like a crime drama along the lines of Godfather then a super hero movie, which is very cool, but I think they can go a new route in the next one like an adventure movie, a mystery, a thriller, or even something sort of mimicking a horror movie.

I am not saying leave them out entirely. I just think their connection to the overall plot should downplayed to keep things fresh.

I agree about having the mob take a backseat.

Have a scene where Batman cuts a deal with a boss to get information on the new 'freak' villain, that way the presence of the mob is still known but it gives Batman an opportunity to focus on the true threat...then at the end of the film, Batman ties up the loose end and apprehends the boss.

Something along those lines would suffice, IMO.

CFE

yeah he gives the mob boss five months free space if he helps him and then it ends five months later with Batman apearing before him.

If word reaches the mafia that Batman killed five people (which he did not) then the mob might begin to have some sort of respect for the Bat. Who knows, but this way, the mob could step back, but I still think that the threat will be there

How about Black Mask - he could create the False Face Society. That would make the mob more recognized. They would use a specific name rather than just saying "the mob" when referring to them.

Alberto Falcone, using the "Freaks", and bringing in The Riddler to deal with Batman.

I think we may see Sofia, and then go with the Dark Victory story line as a subplot. While she is caught up in this we could see the freaks taking over the city.

Alberto Falcone, using the "Freaks", and bringing in The Riddler to deal with Batman.

Thats pretty much what they did with The Chechen bringing in the Joker though. And Carmine with scarecrow in a way. Im not saying its a bad idea i justa kinda hope they do a different approach with the freaks coming in. Dk basically showed the freaks startin to clear out the normies and making room for the new.

Rupert Thorne and Lew Moxon. Also create some unique mob bosses never used in the comics. Such as Gambol's replacement and an Irish mob leader. Also make some references to Tony Zucco.

Also, I hear a lot of people crying for Oswald Cobblepot for a mob boss. Here's my response to that, he's a weapons dealer, don't make the mistake of making him a mob boss. That's not what he is. And personally, if he was used as a weapons dealer in BM3, at least call him "The Penguin", as a codename. Refrain from calling him "Oswald Cobblepot"... The last name is so... campy... It won't work for a Nolan film. Oswald would work, but not Cobblepot. Therefore, just call him "The Penguin". Explain in the film that his name is unknown, due to dangers with the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"