The Dark Knight the mob boss?

I routing for Sal "The Boss" Maroni :]

I dont know how Roman Sionis would fit in this film but I do remember hearing his name brought up in a Nolan interview. Or was it his brother the writer? A way I could see Sionis being in the film is if Maroni and Sionis were duking it out for Gothams' mob power while the Joker is some how connected and is causing trouble for both the mob war and the alliance (Bats, Gordon, Dent).

TDK discription on IMDb: Plot Outline - Batman and Gordon find alliance with a newly appointed DA Harvey Dent to stop a vicious killer with a warped sense of humor known only as The Joker, a threat to both the good, and the evil of Gotham City.

COMPO said:
like what?

Well,

Wayne Family/Company involvment with organized crime leading to police and/or FBI involvement and/or investigation

Thomas's involvement involving a promise or commitment that now they expect Bruce to fulfill.

An vendetta against the mob families in Gotham the mistakenly includes the Wayne Family getting lumped in.

Ronny Shade said:
see post #14

That could work. I think that Nolan may find some way to keep the Bruce Wayne character involved in this movie so that, paraphrasing Alfred, he doesn't get lost in that creature of his.

I really liked the idea of Batman having an enemy in TDK as well as Bruce having one as well, which was orig. rumored to be Black Mask.

strider said:

I dont know how Roman Sionis would fit in this film but I do remember hearing his name brought up in a Nolan interview. Or was it his brother the writer? A way I could see Sionis being in the film is if Maroni and Sionis were duking it out for Gothams' mob power while the Joker is some how connected and is causing trouble for both the mob war and the alliance (Bats, Gordon, Dent).

TDK discription on IMDb: Plot Outline - Batman and Gordon find alliance with a newly appointed DA Harvey Dent to stop a vicious killer with a warped sense of humor known only as The Joker, a threat to both the good, and the evil of Gotham City.

Hmm, is there any truth to these plot summaries? I've seen this one kicking around too:

DARK KNIGHT, THE - February, 2007; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: Batman, Lt.Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni. (Posted: August 9, 2006. Revised: September 21, 2006)

Anyway, I'd say Sal Maroni is very likely.

Rupert Thorne and Sal Maroni having a mob war with gangland hits. That's the movie and that's how it should be. I really don't want Black Mask. Unless, he wore the black skull mask.

The Venquilotrist.

Have him be a smalltime boss that makes a power move. Don't go into his story too much just show that he's a nutter giving orders (escalation) and it'd be extremely weird and unnerving. Batman kicks the shiit outta him and the audience cheers. Normal mob war continues.

Maybe I've got a crystal ball and Nolans written already Venquilotrist into TDk....hah, doubt it. So if you put him in B3, that's Two-Face's movie so then Scarface can complement the themes of duality and 'a scarred face'. Or he could just be extremely redunant. Hopefully the former I reckon he'd be awesome in a flick.

strider said:

Well, this is what i got at www.Comicbookmovie.com:

"I won't reveal all the villains, but I'll leave a few hints that the avid comic fan should be able to decipher," the source says. “One will be an ambiguous mob boss with ties to the late Dr. Thomas Wayne. Another will be an industrial heir not unlike Bruce Wayne - in fact it could be said that he is a dark mirror of Bruce. Over the course of the story, he will be forced to present a new 'face.' And then we have a small, almost cameo type [appearance by a] villain who is considered a 'classic rogue' as a British arms dealer. It may sound a bit crowded, but it all fits together, makes sense, and works much like a comic story arc."

"As for the villains plot, the mob boss and the heir get involved with a major arms deal with the 'British Guy,' while Batman and his allies attempt to foil it," the source says. [As a result,] they uncover more of the corruption plaguing Gotham. Unfortunately for both sides, nobody knew there was a Joker in the deck who complicates matters."

Hey, what does ambiguous mean?

Vague, unclear, open-ended.

Although I don't really know how a mob boss can be ambiguous unless his face is in shadow the whole movie or somnething.

The heir in that quote sounds like Sionis for sure. But then it also seems outdated mentioning the Penguin so who knows.

Sal Maroni should be the mob boss, and he should be played by Ray Liotta.

Nepenthes said:

Although I don't really know how a mob boss can be ambiguous unless his face is in shadow the whole movie or somnething.

The heir in that quote sounds like Sionis for sure. But then it also seems outdated mentioning the Penguin so who knows.

well, i've heard that that Lex Moxon has amnesia when he was inthat one of comic.

actually, i think it might be Rupert Thorne because look at the description:

One will be an ambiguous mob boss with ties to the late Dr. Thomas Wayne.

Ambiguous meaning: leading more than one interpretation.

And Thorne was the Mayor of Gotham once so maybe. He becomes Mayor and he works in the shadows. And it would also tie in with:

while Batman and his allies attempt to foil it," [As a result,] they uncover more of the corruption plaguing Gotham.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Sal Maroni should be the mob boss, and he should be played by Ray Liotta.
As much as I really don't actually like Ray Liotta, I gotta admit that that is good casting.

Nepenthes said:

Maybe it could be Falcone again. Out for revenge. I'm come on. In B:LH Flacone was most of the time seen in the shadows. And he had ties to thomas wayne. It all fits. Plus, he probably got the antidote to Crane poisons and got out of jail.

Plus, in this one they could show him being killed.

Nepenthes said:

Maybe, it might be a typo and they mean ambituous? Do you know of any ambituous mob boss in the batman universe?

COMPO said:
who do you think the mob boss working with Black Mask will be?

Rupert Thorne?

Sal Maroni?

Lex Moxon?

And could you explain why they would have ties to Thomas Wayne.

That question should've been other way around, "who do you think the mob boss working with Sal Maroni will be?" Because maroni has more chance of appearing in TDK.

alright, who do you think?

Two Face said:
Rupert Thorne
But what make you think Thorne? And what will his ties to Thomas Wayne be?

hey, do you know of any ambiguous mob bosses in the batman universe though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"