more faithful then the X-men TRILOGY

GuestStar2004

Avenger
Reaction score
now lets be honest the X men movies were changed quite abit to the original comic book material and ended the franchise on a very confusing outcome, but why do i get the feeling so much power is being put into the wolverine story so that it will have a more faithful origin story

i dno about anyone else but i feel slightly cheated :(

sorry this should of been in non-spoilers :wow:

It's very easy to feel that way without any sort of footage been released...

there are bound to be some changes, some being fairly drastic...

I think it's too early to say if this will be a faithful origin story or not, but so far the news coming out hasn't been bad, so we will just have to wait and see on this one.

how can you not be faithful? It's not like the movie is having Wolverine getting his claws from aliens or something

but still they ruined the Phoenix storyline, but as its wolverine alot of care has to be taken to make sure its done right

not saying that would be a bad thing, that would be great, but im more or less taking a dig at fox for there favoritism over wolverine, which ended up hurting the xmen trilogy, or at least the 3rd movie

Even with changes, you all are going to show up in huge numbers regardless. They don't need to follow the funny books to get you all to see the damn thing. So really, what does it matter?

You and every other fan of the Phoenix Saga. Ratner and company managed to turn one of the greatest storylines in X-Men history into that pile of crap.

I think Ratner gets the blame unfairly, considering he came on the project 2 months before shooting was to begin. The writers and Fox are more at fault with how the story shaped up.

Ratner is to blame for turning the movie into some B graded action flick. Whats with the mobile prison ? Magneto should've destroyed Alcatraz and freed all the mutants then killed the cured Mystique by her request.

The forest scene wasnt meant to be there in the first place and you got all these insignificant ghetto mutants displaying silly power.

The final act was supposed to take place at The White House which would have made more impact than what we had in the movie of his version.

Even with changes, you all are going to show up in huge numbers regardless. They don't need to follow the funny books to get you all to see the damn thing. So really, what does it matter?

Although realistic, that's a rather bleak take on things.

GuestStar2004 said:
now lets be honest the X men movies were changed quite abit to the original comic book material and ended the franchise on a very confusing outcome, but why do i get the feeling so much power is being put into the wolverine story so that it will have a more faithful origin story

i dno about anyone else but i feel slightly cheated :(

sorry this should of been in non-spoilers :wow:

I don't know. Wolverine could be changed quite a bit. I think one of the script reviews revealed that the Hudsons would be quite different from their comic book counterparts... and Stryker's involvement is a deviation of sorts stemming from X2. Granted, they could take X2 and merely use it as a stepping stone, but I don't get the impression that they're going to do that (although I hope they do). No one has read the most recent script draft, and there's still a lot that could be changed, so who knows? Besides, change isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just want the best movie possible, and hopefully the source material provides for that.

I think Ratner gets the blame unfairly, considering he came on the project 2 months before shooting was to begin. The writers and Fox are more at fault with how the story shaped up.

True.

Although realistic, that's a rather bleak take on things.
X3 is a perfect example, real enough for you? So I hope by bleak you mean the truth.
Ratner is to blame for turning the movie into some B graded action flick.
Then who do you blame for X-Men looking like a cheap Sci-Fi channel movie of the week?

Okay..............

Way to generalise there, bucko.

Ratner is to blame for turning the movie into some B graded action flick. Whats with the mobile prison ? Magneto should've destroyed Alcatraz and freed all the mutants then killed the cured Mystique by her request.

The forest scene wasnt meant to be there in the first place and you got all these insignificant ghetto mutants displaying silly power.

The final act was supposed to take place at The White House which would have made more impact than what we had in the movie of his version.

I must admit, I do like the sound of the original script better than what we got, though it's hard to tell how what we know of the original script would have played out on screen.

But, clearly, the studio insisted on Wolverine having scenes and insisted on Magneto being a large part of the cimax of the movie. The original script had Phoenix's massive destruction spree in SF as the epic climax.

Ratner was no doubt going to want to make his mark on the story, rather than simply following what Vaughn had done.

But the studio is at fault for not recognising the Phoenix Saga as something that would work brilliantly on screen. They didn't want Phoenix in it at all, they wanted Cyclops to have died before the movie took place. What does that tell you about their knowledge of, and respect for, the source material?
It's a wonder we got what we got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"