Sequels Should they reboot the X-Men films?

^^Most definatly.
But I'd like that script to be a second movie out of 4.
The first one dealing with the first 5 xmen.
Maybe the third would be a sort of deadly genesis type movie, were it would introduce storm, nightcrawler, and colossus, and at the end add in gambit and rouge, and kill off jean.
In the last movie intoduce apacolypse and mr.Sinister, as well as bishop and cable. And in the end I'd have all of the xmen unite.
From this francise I'd spin off a an xforce with cable, and an xfactor franchise, with havok leading, then I'd do a wolverine movie done right.

I tell you what I always thought would make the most sense for a series of movies..... for X-men, a concurring Wolverine series, anything you want really... but follow the story of X-men when they split into two books. You have a great cast of supporting characters and have a great cast of major characters.

I wouldn't mind doing a set of 5 movies, the first two movies perhaps be the journey from the first books.

1) Introduction of everyone. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, and Iceman of the X-men, and Magneto and the original members of the brotherhood. Establish the first five X-men, show them training and what not but ultimately not defeat Magneto at the end of the first movie. Instead explain that they have to recruit some help.

2) Bring in Storm, Rogue, Colossus, and Jubilee. Offer Wolverine an invitation but have him decline initially, offer a spot to Gambit and he only accepts to see what goodies he can snatch from the x-mansion. Once he's there he is sweet on Rogue and that's why he decides to stay. Wolverine eventually shows up and that takes us into the last three movies.

3,4 and 5 should pretty much be X-men vs. Magneto the last movie ends just like Fatal Attractions. Magneto dooms the X-men by tearing their Blackbird apart, while other members of the X-men are fighting brotherhood. Magneto rips adamantium out of Wolverine and the whole nine yards, then the last few minutes of the reveal that Wolverine has Bone claws (which when that happened in comics was epic, wouldn't be so much now... thank you origins) and end with narration of the letter Wolverine writes to the X-men as they get ready for the Scott Summers/Jean Grey wedding.

It's not 100% detailed but it's off the spur of the moment. I think that would make for an insanely entertaining reboot.

I would love a reboot. Marvel would do it right and it be great.

I wish marvel would get those rights back to the xmen franchise.

Since when has iceman had black hair and brown eyes?

695746-ice_super.jpg

Anyway, they can make the movies anyway they want to, aslong as they screw up Iceman i will disown the films LOL

It pains me much to say this, as much as i hate DC comics, when it comes to casting DC movies always have the better cast than marvel, some marvel movies get it right, some marvel movies like X-men have a portion of actors that fit the part, with the rest just thrown together......lol @ 3 different shadowcats in all 3 films......and yet having the same Iceman how is that possible......shadowcat de-aged (IMO) so much on X-3 but iceman looks the same?

Marvel films that don't have FOX involved like Blade have great casting though.

Last edited:
Lol FOX got all the characters wrong. Halle Berry as Storm and Anna Paquin as Rogue. I would actually like Rogue to be portrayed as gtohic in the future movies like how she is on the tv show x-men evolution with white make up or perma white whatever.

Personally I like Rogue as the country kinda gal.

In all fairness DC did cast Halle Berry as Catwoman. lol.

I may be alone here, but Famke as Jean doesn't work for me. Considering she is supposed to be engaged to Scott, just doesn't work.

Personally I like Rogue as the country kinda gal.

In all fairness DC did cast Halle Berry as Catwoman. lol.

I may be alone here, but Famke as Jean doesn't work for me. Considering she is supposed to be engaged to Scott, just doesn't work.

agreed. theld have her be that.

yeah terrible move.

agreed. get someone who is good looking.

In all honesty, Halle berry was hot as Catwoman......she had the attitude down and everything, much better at catwoman than storm Halle berry is a great actress and the role of catwoman suited her, just nowhere in Halle's career has she played as an african woman (correct me if im wrong) its just out of her usual zone ......the script just plain sucked for catwoman is all, not the actress xD

And they'll never find a hotter Jean than famke evaaaa !

Last edited:
Catwomen sucked. She is an overrated actressess and she sucks. Only thing is her looks. She sucked in most of all her movies. And Catwomen was stupid.

In all honesty, Halle berry was hot as Catwoman......she had the attitude down and everything, much better at catwoman than storm Halle berry is a great actress and the role of catwoman suited her, just nowhere in Halle's career has she played as an african woman (correct me if im wrong) its just out of her usual zone ......the script just plain sucked for catwoman is all, not the actress xD

Yes they will hotter women out their.

yes they should reboot the x-men series by making it R rated. if not then they should do one more X-Men movie continuing from the previous 3 and as a cliffhanger give some indication of an HBO TV series like the Sopranos, or Entourage. that's the way they shoudl've gone in the first place but i only say this b/c there is so many characters and so much story. imagine the 90's cartoon but in live action instaed of animation.

I agree with most of what you are saying but X-Men doesn't have to be rated R.

On the other hand, I would like to see a R rated proper Wolverine movie to be made, in the future.

X-Men be great though as Rated R. And live action TAS movies should be made. But I do not want FOx rebooting it Marvel instead. And they need better Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, Rogue. Especially better looking Rogue and Kitty. Casting fOx did was all wrong.

I agree on both points...

Halle wasn't terrible casting in both roles, but the characters were just written wrong and I doubt anyone else would've done any better in the lead, or even got Storm more screen time in X3... I think the directors just thought oh we need eye candy with a big name to help sell it and there you go...

If a reboot was done I'd kinda like a "Crash" approach, where multiple stories are told but blend into one overall plot... and as the films progress some characters are dropped and new ones are introduced to keep a fresh roster and explore more of the X-Men backstories... and NO BROTHERHOOD?MAGS, not at least in the first film

Last edited:
I kinda think that jj abrhams would do a good xmen franchise based over that old script we discussed before.

The first three films are fine. No need to reboot. I don't know why you would want to mess with something which has been a success and brought x-men to a bigger audience. The cast were great, I can't imagine anyone else playing those roles and having that kind of chemistry that they all managed to have.

X-Men be great though as Rated R. And live action TAS movies should be made. But I do not want FOx rebooting it Marvel instead. And they need better Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, Rogue. Especially better looking Rogue and Kitty. Casting fOx did was all wrong.

I don't understand all the resent for Hugh Jackman. He was great as wolverine, especially in the first one. I don't think he should be blamed for director flaws. It was Singer that kept making him softer and softer as the movies continued and the producers that kept Gavin Hood from making a good Wolverine film (even though it's Hood's fault for stocking the film up with useless X-men characters). Most of them were fine, even though Iceman and Rogue annoyed me.

i still think the franchise can be salvaged and continue from where Last Stand left off- bring in Havok and Polaris to fill in the void left by Scott and Jean, plus give us a new couple to focus on while developing a new leader, shift the focus the new X-Men (Kitty, Iceman, Angel, etc.) and put the adults in the backseat, and bring in a new villain- Trask and the Sentinel Program, Hellfire Club, or Apocalypse. but all this would require Fox giving up the rights to these characters. after Wolverine its obvious they have no idea what theyre doing with these characters and anything else they plan to produce is doomed before filming.

but if theyre giving me the choice.....i say waiting 5-10 years and start the whole thing over again.

So . . . I didn't see that anyone had brought up the new Disney/Marvel merger (which still kinda has me in shock). How do you lot think this is going to work out?

Honestly, this is kinda a dream come true, because if anyone can get the X-Men back from Fox it's Disney. I had just about given hope getting my favorite characters out of Fox's hands within the next couple decades. I'm not sure how I feel about *Disney* getting too hands-on with my characters (I fear the watering-down that could happen if my favorite characters go mainstream), but . . . I just don't know.

Do you think they're going to be able to get the rights back any time soon?

Also, does anyone know if animated X-Men movies have different rights (ie could Marvel make a full-length animated feature even while Fox has the rights)? I used to think they were the same, but after the Wolverine/Hulk short film I'm not sure how the whole thing works.

I think Disney could put out a great X film come to think about it... maybe they'll reboot the series later on... if the first ones were hits and set records, just imagine them with Disney's touch (POTC)... I can only see good things for the franchise under Disney...

All for a reboot, once it goes back to Marvel.

Really the things I would stress for a reboot is to make the series less Wolverine-centric, and more international.

Wolverine was the central character in all three movies, and now he has his own movie series going on, a TV show, and even an anime, safe to say he's gotten more than his fair share of screen-time. In a reboot if he does show up, preferably not until the second movie, or perhaps in an after-credit scene or something to that effect.

I had no issue with the first movie set mostly in America, but all three movies? Granted, they did step into Canada briefly, but really, let's see some of Europe, Africa, Asia, etc. Not to mention the great potential of places like Genosha, the Savage Land or even Madripoor. The X-Men have a supersonic jet for a reason.

I agree. I'm actually a major Wolverine fan, but I like how they had him back in the days of the 90's cartoon--present and important enough, but definitely not in the middle of everything.

More grumpy, too. I miss his grumpiness on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"