• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mortal - Discussion Thread (spoilers)

AgentPat said:
I don't understand the recent objections on this. It's a show *about* Superman. LOL

Actually it's a show about Clark Kent before becoming Superman. After a while it's like "Ok...... we get it, at some point in the future he will be Superman"

I suppose Coldplay is the official music that TV characters get it on to, since I recall Syndey and Vaughn from Alias doin' the deed for the first time to Coldplay as well.

Carter said:
I know, I had the Jergens lotion out and everything.

LOL!

Man, that is just TMI... :D

Too funny....

triplet said:
LOL!

Man, that is just TMI... :D

Too funny....

Totally agree, there are just some things about peoples lives you don't want to know.:p

mellyM said:
Lex as no right to his secret, period, no one does, and Clark has made it more than clear he's not going to tell him, so really if Lex is his friend, he should respect that and leave it alone.

Also, wanted to say how much I really really enjoyed this ep. Clark without his powers was portrayed so perfectly, and his first mission as a human was very daunting to him, until he adjusted and switched gears, and it was ultimately him that saved the day.

And I really think "super whining" was priceless, there were parts I laughed out loud..and I dont know how they did it, but I really liked Clark and Lana together...any sitatuation that makes Clark smile like that, and be that adorable is more than Ok by me. The sex was handled well, and I loved that he came to her for comfort first..just really well done.

And the smackdown, what can I say? Clark was enraged, and had every right to be, and good for him for goading Lex into hitting him to provide some peace from Lex. As far as Clark knows, this loss of power is forever.

Clark and Chloe together was wonderful, I feel like all the characters are finally aligned as they should be and playing their appropriate part in Clark's life now. I'm more excited than ever about this season now:)

If he is entitled to Lex's secrets, why wouldn't it be the another way around as well?

DarthSkywalker said:
If he is entitled to Lex's secrets, why wouldn't it be the another way around as well?

Because it isn't, Clark isn't entitled to Lex's secrets either, unless it will directly affect and hurt him and Lex needs to be stopped..but Lex still doesn;t have to tell him anything. Everything Clark does isn't right either.

mellyM said:
Because it isn't, Clark isn't entitled to Lex's secrets either, unless it will directly affect and hurt him and Lex needs to be stopped..but Lex still doesn;t have to tell him anything.

Very true. My point is that Clark cries about it all the time. Anytime Lex doesn't tell him anything and everything he is suddenly being a terrible friend. Yet Clark doesn't tell him anything and it is ok.

Also hasn't Clark's secret pretty much put everyone in danger directly?

But you also have to remember, that Lex's secrets arent about himself, they're about things that he is doing and that have a consequence on other people.

The secrets that Clark keep, are directly related to him and who he is.

DarthSkywalker said:
Very true. My point is that Clark cries about it all the time. Anytime Lex doesn't tell him anything and everything he is suddenly being a terrible friend. Yet Clark doesn't tell him anything and it is ok.

Well one could take a guess and say this is a driving force behind him becoming Superman.

Carter said:
you love it

Maybe I would if I knew you were a hot guy... ;)

(Oops... did I say that out loud... :D)

DarthSkywalker said:

How so? Because there are meteor freaks? Everyone knowing Clark is and alien would change nothing--Clark isn't the threat. And what do you think Lex would do with the truth if he got it? Hug Clark and thank him? I honestly don't think so, its called self-preservation.

Its an old argument unfortunately...

avidreader said:
Well one could take a guess and say this is a driving force behind him becoming Superman.

I thought that his driving force was to truth, justice, and the american way. :D

triplet said:
Maybe I would if I knew you were a hot guy... ;)

(Oops... did I say that out loud... :D)

You're in luck, cuz I am;)

DarthSkywalker said:
I thought that his driving force was to truth, justice, and the american way. :D

I know your joking, but he could do that as Clark. By choosing Superman as his alter ego he keeps those close to him out of danger. I dunno why I said that, we know this already.:rolleyes:

mellyM said:
How so? Because there are meteor freaks? Everyone knowing Clark is and alien would change nothing--Clark isn't the threat. And what do you think Lex would do with the truth if he got it? Hug Clark and thank him? I honestly don't think so, its called self-preservation.

Its an old argument unfortunately...

Funny he seemed like a pretty big threat when he wanted to control the earth.... or when ever he touches the read stuff....

Also i think it has more to do with the fact that all this stuff that happens around Clark directly effects those around him. People are getting tossed around a hospital because of people looking for him. Don't you think that if Lex, Lana, and others knew what he could do, they would realize to stay out of the way a little more?

As to what Lex would do. Now i am not so sure, but if Clark was a little more forward a few years back, he wouldn't have taken all that much advantage of it.

avidreader said:
I know your joking, but he could do that as Clark. By choosing Superman as his alter ego he keeps those close to him out of danger. I dunno why I said that, we know this already.:rolleyes:

Of course, but then again episodes like last night really don't allow for that. Heck all the crazies know about Clark and his "Specialness".

DarthSkywalker said:
Of course, but then again episodes like last night really don't allow for that. Heck all the crazies know about Clark and his "Specialness".

I think the operative word there is "crazies". Lucky we live in a skeptical world I guess.

avidreader said:
But you also have to remember, that Lex's secrets arent about himself, they're about things that he is doing and that have a consequence on other people.

The secrets that Clark keep, are directly related to him and who he is.

People get so mad at Clark for keeping his secrets, but it's not like Superman tells everyone he's really Clark Kent. So why would Clark tell everyone about his powers?

'Sides, Lex has shown time and time again he can't be trusted.

I think the bigger question is why he's still his friend at all. I guess it just goes to show how optimistic he can be about people. Clark wants to have Lex as his friend so he's kept believing him over and over that he's changed and he's forgiven him a lot.

This time, I'll be curious to see how things go.

Carter said:
You're in luck, cuz I am;)

LOL!

Brainiac 8 said:
Should the rest of us leave the board and leave you two alone?;) :D

LOL! We're just teasin'...

I'm a happily married woman but random cyber teasing can be fun.

avidreader said:
I think the operative word there is "crazies". Lucky we live in a skeptical world I guess.

Very, very true.

triplet said:
People get so mad at Clark for keeping his secrets, but it's not like Superman tells everyone he's really Clark Kent. So why would Clark tell everyone about his powers?

I think the bigger question is why he's still his friend at all. I guess it just goes to show how optimistic he can be about people. Clark wants to have Lex as his friend so he's kept believing him over and over that he's changed and he's forgiven him a lot.

Oh i have no problem with him keeping his secrets, it is what i expect. But i my problem comes from Clark whinning 24/7 that Lex doesn't tell him everything, when he does the same thing.

Heck even last night when he seemed a little ticked off about Chloe's trunk. But i guess that is what being a teenager is.

As to being friends, Lex hasn't really done to much wrong. Sure he investgated Clark, but this is the guy that breaks into his house when he sees fit. The guy that disappears into thin air all the time. The guy who is always there when something bad goes down.

If anything Lex is Chloe, with a bigger budget, yet he doesn't seem to hate her.

triplet said:

It will be interesting and from what I've read of the spoilers for Exposed, it sounds like Lex is helping him out a bit, so they must come to a bit of an understanding. I think as you say Clark is the forever optimist. What's that line they use "I prefer to always look for the good in people"

DarthSkywalker said:
Very, very true.

Oh i have no problem with him keeping his secrets, it is what i expect. But i my problem comes from Clark whinning 24/7 that Lex doesn't tell him everything, when he does the same thing.

Heck even last night when he seemed a little ticked off about Chloe's trunk. But i guess that is what being a teenager is.

As to being friends, Lex hasn't really done to much wrong. Sure he investgated Clark, but this is the guy that breaks into his house when he sees fit. The guy that disappears into thin air all the time. The guy who is always there when something bad goes down.

If anything Lex is Chloe, with a bigger budget, yet he doesn't seem to hate her.

Chloe told Clark that everyone has secrets and he left it at that.

I think Clark's biggest problem with Lex is that he is obsessed and has been since Season1. Clark understands that Lex knows there are things about him, but he's asked him for the sake of their friendship to let it go. Which he hasnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"