Most powerful Marvel character we have seen on screen so far?

I don't think movie Phoenix is powerful enough to defeat the Silver Surfer. At best, Phoenix is capable of demolecularization... so is the Surfer. In fact, the Surfer appears to be able to demolecularize and remolecularize objects as he does with Doom. He can alter molecules at will, which allows him to rearrange buildings, warp weather patterns, and tamper with super-human DNA. Moreover, humans with superpowers via altered genetics seem ineffectual against the Surfer's cosmic power, as he completely negates Sue's force bubble and is little more than annoyed by Doom and Johnny. He can zip across the planet in seconds while Phoenix looks flimsy hovering a few feet in air. Also, the Surfer can survive space and teleport intergalactic beings across the universe. I think he can handle Jean Grey's angry dual personality who's been telepathically outwitted by Xavier and is susceptible to sharp objects.

Because she asked him to. If she didn't want him to kill her, he wouldn't have been able to. She killed Professor Xavier and an entire group of soldiers with a simple thought. She even killed some mutants who weren't even in her view.

Really, idk if even Silver Surfer is that great of a match. With his board, yes, but w/o it he's powerless (at least on film). If the army was able to get him off his board with a 'pulse' then Jean probably could've done the same using her powers and kill him easily.

It was a tachyon field and I don't think the military just has those hanging around since it took the likes of Reed Richards to even come up with the idea, far less for build four. If Pheonix can make tachyon fields then good for her but we haven't seen her demonstrate this ability so as far as I'm concerned she's boned.

And Xavier and that group of soldiers did not have healing factors. Pheonix did not say "Kill me" and let him come. She was going at him full force and even in surprise asked "You're willing to die for them?". Logan melts her heart and she lets her guard down long enough for him to kill her.

Now I'd LIKE to believe that Pheonix is uber powerful in the movies but I'm pretty sure the likes of even Wolverine and The Hulk can take her out. Hell she'd probably just get Hulk even madder and he'd make her death quicker...and quite unpleasant. *flashback to Hulk ripping Wolverine in half*

Everyone keeps forgetting about Magneto he could use the metal in anyones bloodstreams to make them pass out similar to what he did in X2 with the guard so hulk becomes banner and is a push over all he needs to do to get phoniex is to have someone else distract her ghost rider walks around with a big chain so the only one he might have problems with is the surfer

Everyone keeps forgetting about Magneto he could use the metal in anyones bloodstreams to make them pass out similar to what he did in X2 with the guard so hulk becomes banner and is a push over all he needs to do to get phoniex is to have someone else distract her ghost rider walks around with a big chain so the only one he might have problems with is the surfer

No, Mystique had to inject that liquid metal into the guards bloodstream. In those movies, Magneto was just a fragile old man to anyone without metal, that's why he kept getting his butt kicked by those guards.

Hulk and Silver Surfer were more powerful than Jean.

Everyone keeps forgetting about Magneto he could use the metal in anyones bloodstreams to make them pass out similar to what he did in X2 with the guard

Did you even see X2?

You need to pay attention if you did see it.

everyone still has iron in there blood and iron is magnetic and what mystique did was put more iron in his blood so it would be easier for him.

everyone still has iron in there blood and iron is magnetic and what mystique did was put more iron in his blood so it would be easier for him.

So he was locked up in prison and getting beat up on a daily basis just for kicks?

Galactus would have kicked @$$ if they hadn't made him Galactacloud

Naw man. It doesn't work like that.

So he was locked up in prison and getting beat up on a daily basis just for kicks?

"Ahh yes, I'm going to get my ass kicked today...again!" :up:

Comicbook Magneto can manipulate the iron in blood. Bad science, since it isn't metallic iron but in a compound called haemoglobin which isn't magnetic.

Movie Magneto needed Mystique to inject some kind of liquid base containing iron particles into the guard. Better. But still bad science that anyone injected with that much iron wouldn't be at least a little bit sick from it. But at least the movie thought about the science more than the comics!

Wow, I was never aware that comic Mags was actually able to do that. Like you said, it was bad science, and it's pretty stupid if you ask me.

Galactus would have kicked @$$ if they hadn't made him Galactacloud
I wish someone would get a screen cap of Galactus' head in the flames and post em already. There are multiple clear shots. I can't have been the only one that bought the DVD. :csad:

Yeah but considering Mephisto has control over reality itself, wouldn't he simply be able to make it so? He has no binding contract with the Surfer. He can do whatever he wants to him. He can probably just think up that same field.

Yes but he was only able to move in the dark. I thought it had something to do with night and day too until he could clearly move in the day as long as he stays in the dark. Very similar to a vampire if you ask me. Hell, all he had to do was stick his arm in the dark and THAT transformed. I think it's just sunlight so UV rays would probably work almost as well.

I dont think UV light would work on him at all, its more to do with evil coming out at night and never being present in the day IMO. If you ask me UV lights wouldnt do **** to GR. He isnt a vampire, daylight doesnt hurt him, it just changes him back. Vampires are different because daylight/UV rays hurt them.

With GR its all just about the terms of the curse, so UV light wouldnt effect him at all.

If Mephisto has such control over reality, why couldnt he hurt Blackheart? Why could The Caretake run away from him and hide from him all those years? And why couldnt Mephisto force the power of the Ghost Rider out of Johnny at the end if he can alter reality and is so powerful?

These things are why i believe his powers arent as great as some make out.

Because she asked him to. If she didn't want him to kill her, he wouldn't have been able to. She killed Professor Xavier and an entire group of soldiers with a simple thought. She even killed some mutants who weren't even in her view.

Really, idk if even Silver Surfer is that great of a match. With his board, yes, but w/o it he's powerless (at least on film). If the army was able to get him off his board with a 'pulse' then Jean probably could've done the same using her powers and kill him easily.

Whether she would have asked him to or not though, Wolverine would still have killed her, he got up to her on his will and powers alone, if she cant handle healing factors, then i believe she has no chance against either Hulk or the SS.

It was a tachyon field and I don't think the military just has those hanging around since it took the likes of Reed Richards to even come up with the idea, far less for build four. If Pheonix can make tachyon fields then good for her but we haven't seen her demonstrate this ability so as far as I'm concerned she's boned.

And Xavier and that group of soldiers did not have healing factors. Pheonix did not say "Kill me" and let him come. She was going at him full force and even in surprise asked "You're willing to die for them?". Logan melts her heart and she lets her guard down long enough for him to kill her.

Now I'd LIKE to believe that Pheonix is uber powerful in the movies but I'm pretty sure the likes of even Wolverine and The Hulk can take her out. Hell she'd probably just get Hulk even madder and he'd make her death quicker...and quite unpleasant. *flashback to Hulk ripping Wolverine in half*

EXACTLY, the movie Pheonix just wouldnt be able to handle Hulk OR SS IMO. I am very surprised she is coming 2nd.

Mesphisto has ultimate control in his own realm. But let's for the sake of it say he can't operate outside of it without the need to take one's soul willingly.

so there is a claus with his power.

However the limits to what those clauses are have no potential limit.

As for ghost rider, i'm not sure uv light would have an affect but natural sunlight definitely would. If not silver surfer then storm would be able to affect him.

saying this though, i'm sure he did some weather manipulation himself and that would hurt him.

still though, the surfer isn't a mind reader and wouldn't be aware of this 'weakness' so he wouldn't be able to operate against it.

the penance stare is in the rider's main arsenal so he's more than likely to perform it first on the surfer than the rider is to burst out some sunlight.

Hulk was not more powerful than Phoenix. Yes he threw a tank, but if Phoenix has telekinesis powerful to tear molecules apart, I'm sure she could easly fling a tank anywhere.

Also people are making claims about how limited mephisto's powers are but we saw how easily the surfer coudl be dealt with simply by removing him from his board

surely getting him off it is more likely to happen than mephisto ever entering any sort of problem.

Hulk was not more powerful than Phoenix. Yes he threw a tank, but if Phoenix has telekinesis powerful to tear molecules apart, I'm sure she could easly fling a tank anywhere.

...If nuking the guy didn't work, what makes you think a tank will take him out? If Wolverine can walk up to her (straining of course) then Hulk can run up to her and punt her into Seattle...Or...you know...rip her in half.

Also people are making claims about how limited mephisto's powers are but we saw how easily the surfer coudl be dealt with simply by removing him from his board

surely getting him off it is more likely to happen than mephisto ever entering any sort of problem.
Yes getting him off of the board means weakening him but I just don't see how this is a simple task. It's not like getting a guy off a surfboard. This guy is CONNECTED to the thing. To the point where it takes a tachyon field (whatever that is) to disrupt him enough to have him melt through it.

chose jean because i think she could take on surfer.sad huh?

The thread turning into a versus thread :)

Far as most powerfull Marvel character we have seen on screen: I will have to take SS just slightly over Phoenix. SS is also I think more powerfull than hulk/phoenix anyways,but for 'movie screen' I still go with SS.

SS: turned ocean into ice. Made it snow in egypt. Burrowed holes to earths core. Rendered HT to a normal person temporarily...Destroyed satellites that were tracking him from afar. Absorbed missles in his board,Flew in outerspace.

Phoenix: Turn ppl to ash,along with buildings. As cool as it was onscreen it was'nt as impressive as what SS did onscreen.

Hulk: Threw Tanks around like paper. Leaping for miles. Falling from the stratosphere and living..Impressive as it was it still fell behind Phoenix/SS by a tad imo...

The only thing that brings Pheonix down a notch is her unable to demolecularise a guy with a healing factor. Based on that, she would lose against the Hulk who has a healing factor more powerful then Wolverine's. Of course, without that plot device Hulk stands no chance. The Silver Surfer with the Board was all powerful but a team creating a field which disrupts the tachyons that bind him to his board would turn him into dog food.

Silver Surfer's board was the most powerful. ;)

The only thing that brings Pheonix down a notch is her unable to demolecularise a guy with a healing factor. Based on that, she would lose against the Hulk who has a healing factor more powerful then Wolverine's. Of course, without that plot device Hulk stands no chance. The Silver Surfer with the Board was all powerful but a team creating a field which disrupts the tachyons that bind him to his board would turn him into dog food.

Silver Surfer's board was the most powerful. ;)

dooo we know though that MOVIE hulk can heal faster then movie wolvie?
plus it was the combo of healing factor and adamantium that helped wolvie... so really we don't know... but im sure a sharging hulk could smash jean before the healing factor had a chance.. but jean is the only one who if at all possible could take out surfer... hulk isnt getting him off his board. jean might be able to... but she'd probably get blasted and taken out before she had the chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"