Most powerful Marvel character we have seen on screen so far?

IMO, The Hulk takes this one, from what we have seen in the movies, nothing either The Silver Surfer or Pheonix can do could hurt Hulk or not be overcome by his healing factor.

Hulk took missile's and tank shells full on in the face and chest, SS chose to dodge them, indicating to me he didnt want to take them on, and Pheonix, if the missile's got through her powers, would be obliterated.

The surfer didn't want to "take the missiles on" because it would have slowed him down a little bit. Either that or he is smart enough to know that the missile would not feel good on impact. And if you recall there is a shot where the Hulk dodges a missile. Also the surfer could just do something like teleport Hulk to some lifeless planet where he would die.

IMO, The Hulk takes this one, from what we have seen in the movies, nothing either The Silver Surfer or Pheonix can do could hurt Hulk or not be overcome by his healing factor.

Hulk took missile's and tank shells full on in the face and chest, SS chose to dodge them, indicating to me he didnt want to take them on, and Pheonix, if the missile's got through her powers, would be obliterated.

The surfer didn't want to "take the missiles on" because it would have slowed him down a little bit. Either that or he is smart enough to know that the missile would not feel good on impact. And if you recall there is a shot where the Hulk dodges a missile. Also the surfer could just do something like teleport Hulk to some lifeless planet where he would die.

This is why I believe she was going full force at the end of the movie. Pheonix does not hold back...

I'm inclined to agree with this... mostly due to the fact that Phoenix clearly lunges forward and gasps as though Wolverine has just broken through her unlimited telekinetic power.

Hulk tried not to get hit by missiles too, so there goes your arguement

yeah, he actually dodged a direct tank hit and tried to jump away when they landed by him in the desert. Dude didn't want to get hit by any tank shells..

he bashed them away same as surfer.

ps, i really do hate it when people come in here and just vote for the worst person.

Both Surfer and Pheonix can obliterate those missiles actually. That whole demoleculerize thing they have a habit of doing. I just think that the Surfer is even more powerful than Pheonix so he can probably take out Wolverine and Hulk (he did it to Galactus at the end. I'm positive he can take on Hulk and Wolverine with it). Probably Ghost Rider too.

Which reminds me. Can't believe I didn't think of this before. Can't the Surfer pretty much take anybody and put em on a different planet or something? The man has complete molecular control and he's really untouchable when he feels like it. He flies through buildings and absorbs missiles. The more I think about it the more Silver Surfer outclasses absolutely everybody mentioned here short of Mephisto and Galactus.

Yep, and really, Mephisto wouldnt be able to do anything to harm The Surfer if he couldnt harm JB or Blackheart. Surfer wouldnt be able to hurt him either of course.

But yeah, Surfer is just a league above the others IMO.

I'm inclined to agree with this... mostly due to the fact that Phoenix clearly lunges forward and gasps as though Wolverine has just broken through her unlimited telekinetic power.

Absolutely agreed, she even turns her head to the side in disbelief that Wolverine is still coming.

Hulk tried not to get hit by missiles too, so there goes your arguement

I see his point though, Hulk did take tank shells and missile's full on and they hurt him, but he still got up straight away.

Yeah but the surfer would no doubtly be able to survive missle attacks full on. I mean he was able to shrug of Doom's electric blast and you know how powerful those are.

Yeah but the surfer would no doubtly be able to survive missle attacks full on. I mean he was able to shrug of Doom's electric blast and you know how powerful those are.

They are not as powerful as a tank shell or missile though, i have absolutely NO doubt a Doom blast wouldnt even tickle Hulk, who survived a fall from the stratosphere with no effect, other than to piss him off more.

well johnny survived a fall from much higher one could argue...

Yep, and really, Mephisto wouldnt be able to do anything to harm The Surfer if he couldnt harm JB or Blackheart. Surfer wouldnt be able to hurt him either of course.

But yeah, Surfer is just a league above the others IMO.
I dont think mephisto operates like that.

his game is far more subtle than the direct onslaught. he'd weedle his way in and then own you.

I see his son's immunity to him as kinda like how mutants that are related can't hurt one another.

as for the rider, they have a binding deal signed in blood so it's hard to go back on that, it's like using his own magic and clauses against him so that's just a formality.

The only correct answer to this thread question is: Whomever the writers decide.

It's like those Storm v Phoenix threads, it goes on for ever with no definitive factual statements to back it up. If all outcomes were predictable, it wouldn't make for interesting stories.

The only correct answer to this thread question is: Whomever the writers decide.

It's like those Storm v Phoenix threads, it goes on for ever with no definitive factual statements to back it up. If all outcomes were predictable, it wouldn't make for interesting stories.

But these are predictions created by the opinions of fans. These are the kinds of topics boards like this are made for.

See now that's why I say we can only use the facts shown in the movies because fans start saying "Well with his/her powers he/she can POSSIBLY do this." and then there's the question "Then why DIDN'T he/she do that in the FIRST place?" It's like saying George Foreman CAN beat Mahamed Ali. Well he didn't so one really has nothing to back it up.

Storm and Pheonix really would be a good fight but it'd be short. Only a matter of time before Storm's dust. Unless someone has a healing factor, there really is no surviving Pheonix.

Hey, what about characters like Colossus, The Thing and Mr. Fantastic? Anybody think they have a shot (against The Pheonix I mean. We'll talk about the guys facing off against The Hulk after. :oldrazz:)?

Silver Surfer, he was powerful enough to resurrect the dead and to destroy giant clouds :o

well johnny survived a fall from much higher one could argue...

But his flight powers slowed him down, as did just clipping the top of the sand dune, and landing on sand itself, Hulk had nothing to slow him down, in fact judging by the movie, he gained speed on the way down, and hit water.

I dont think mephisto operates like that.

his game is far more subtle than the direct onslaught. he'd weedle his way in and then own you.

I see his son's immunity to him as kinda like how mutants that are related can't hurt one another.

as for the rider, they have a binding deal signed in blood so it's hard to go back on that, it's like using his own magic and clauses against him so that's just a formality.

I get what you're saying, but what could Mephisto honestly do to the Surfer, The Pheonix, or Hulk, unless he got them to sign a contract.

Silver Surfer, he was powerful enough to resurrect the dead and to destroy giant clouds :o

Spot on, anyone can kill, few can actually give life to the dead.

But his flight powers slowed him down, as did just clipping the top of the sand dune, and landing on sand itself, Hulk had nothing to slow him down, in fact judging by the movie, he gained speed on the way down, and hit water.
science doesn't reach that way, he would have reached a terminal velocity in about ten seconds and would have been travelling at about the same speed as johnny.

my point is if a human-esque can survive a similar fall (albeit less harmful), then it's not such a big deal for a gamma enranged behemoth. It's like saying the hulk lifting a car is a big deal when spidey can also do it.

I get what you're saying, but what could Mephisto honestly do to the Surfer, The Pheonix, or Hulk, unless he got them to sign a contract.

Well mesphisto has been shown to alter the course of reality for his own purposes, his form of combat would be less direct and more geurilla based from behind the scenes.

It is unclear whether the pawns he put into place for johnny blaze were actual contract souls of his or average beings but let's assume the latter since its not stated otherwise.

Mesphisto is more than capable of planting the seeds so they actually go about destroying each other.

It's not like surfer jean and the hulk aren't easily motivated.

a promise of seeing zen-la, a ressurection of scott, a simple life are all the necessary seeds needed to be planted and they are his.

Even the mighty galactus could be (potentially) corrupted for food.

Johnny is the only one without anything to bargain against.

Spot on, anyone can kill, few can actually give life to the dead.
see point on elektra.

Mesphisto is ultimately a WISH granter, he can provide any wish to those who wants them. That is true power.

the manipulation of them to do his bidding is just a skill to get what he wants out of them.

unlike jean or surfer, mesphisto is shown to have the ability to actually do 'anything' (although his actions to save johnny's father may seem tame but still).

Quick question, is it ever stated that galactus bestowed teh surfer with his powers or not???

because if not, it would pretty much rule him out of the rankings. his only feat is pretty much creating the surfboard.

Well he can absorb the energy from entire planets and effectively kill them so one would think that would take a lot of power...I mean the guy is literally sitting in a whirling tornado of power. He's on fire for christ's sake.

science doesn't reach that way, he would have reached a terminal velocity in about ten seconds and would have been travelling at about the same speed as johnny.

my point is if a human-esque can survive a similar fall (albeit less harmful), then it's not such a big deal for a gamma enranged behemoth. It's like saying the hulk lifting a car is a big deal when spidey can also do it.

Well mesphisto has been shown to alter the course of reality for his own purposes, his form of combat would be less direct and more geurilla based from behind the scenes.

It is unclear whether the pawns he put into place for johnny blaze were actual contract souls of his or average beings but let's assume the latter since its not stated otherwise.

Mesphisto is more than capable of planting the seeds so they actually go about destroying each other.

It's not like surfer jean and the hulk aren't easily motivated.

a promise of seeing zen-la, a ressurection of scott, a simple life are all the necessary seeds needed to be planted and they are his.

Even the mighty galactus could be (potentially) corrupted for food.

Johnny is the only one without anything to bargain against.

see point on elektra.

Mesphisto is ultimately a WISH granter, he can provide any wish to those who wants them. That is true power.

the manipulation of them to do his bidding is just a skill to get what he wants out of them.

unlike jean or surfer, mesphisto is shown to have the ability to actually do 'anything' (although his actions to save johnny's father may seem tame but still).

I have no doubt Mephisto would completely destroy the other combatants but I have been leaving him and Galactus out because they're in a different league.

I think Quill from X3. He'd offer an affectionate cuddle and then hug you to death with porcupine spikes, just as he did to Dr Rao. Phoenix, Surfer and probably the others all needed a bit of love, a nice cuddle. Then they'd be spiked like party sausages.:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"