Most powerful Marvel character we have seen on screen so far?

Well he can absorb the energy from entire planets and effectively kill them so one would think that would take a lot of power...I mean the guy is literally sitting in a whirling tornado of power. He's on fire for christ's sake.
Not true...

He may just have an insatiable hunger but have no other powers himself

Just like if rogue needed to absorb energy to survive but that didn't make her powerful (nor did she absorb powers).

Isn't sauron a lil like that when in human form?

Sauron can do that in both of his forms, really, but the X-men still consider him a threat when he shows up.

SO, looks like out of the poll options, SS has won, and to be honest, when i created the thread, i expected him to win, though not by this much, i thought both The Pheonix and, for me personally, especially The Hulk would give him a challenge.

He's only won because all the other options weren't made available.

anyone thinking silver surfer has a chance in hell against ghost rider or mephisto is just being a lil on the naiive side. He's actually the most vunerable to the pennance stare.

This thread is more about film exposure than anything else but it's kinda always been this way in the comics.

Just for reference when people compare pulling down a helicopter and throwing a tank as if it is the same, an abrams tank weighs between 60 tons and 80 tons whereas a helicopter weighs between 4 and 22 tons (and the movie version was on the lower end).

anyone thinking silver surfer has a chance in hell against ghost rider or mephisto is just being a lil on the naiive side. He's actually the most vunerable to the pennance stare.

This thread is more about film exposure than anything else but it's kinda always been this way in the comics.

I think SS would have a chance against both, i just cant see GR ever getting in the position to use the PR on SS, and what could Mephisto honestly do to him? Offer him a contract?

Just for reference when people compare pulling down a helicopter and throwing a tank as if it is the same, an abrams tank weighs between 60 tons and 80 tons whereas a helicopter weighs between 4 and 22 tons (and the movie version was on the lower end).

Exactly, the tank possibly weighed up to 30 times more than the helicopter, there is no way GR's strength level is the same as Hulk in the movies.

The adaptation of Silver Surfer just makes my head hurt....LOL Horrible.:ss:

Huh. Well I still don't think GR used much effort to pull down a hellicopter but I guess Hulk still outclasses him there.

I think SS would have a chance against both, i just cant see GR ever getting in the position to use the PR on SS, and what could Mephisto honestly do to him? Offer him a contract?

He'd just do the same thing he did to Barton Blaze. Just twitch and send the Surfer flying off his board or something.

Mephisto just about anybody and everybody would fail against. GR I still don't think would get a chance to hurt the Surfer. Silver Surfer has control over matter itself and unbelievable speed. He does not need to get close to harm the Ghost Rider and since in the movie GR still has that UV light/daylight weakness I'm pretty sure that all the Surfer would have to do is create artifical UV rays and turn him back. Hell, he can scatter his ashes into the wind if he wanted and that's just talking about the powers we've seen. GR CAN use the penance stare and he CAN wrap him in a chain and pull him towards him but I just don't think ol' flamehead has the speed to pull it off.

Well, yeah..if you are talking any character, you have to go with Mephisto. Galactus would be second.
As for those on the list...I'm not sure if we ever saw the extent of Phoenix's power but Sufer was able to actually bring someone back to life...that's pretty damn powerful.

Huh. Well I still don't think GR used much effort to pull down a hellicopter but I guess Hulk still outclasses him there.

Hulk outclasses him in leaps and bounds on that score, but strength isnt GR's strongest quality, his other powers are mostly what get him through.

He'd just do the same thing he did to Barton Blaze. Just twitch and send the Surfer flying off his board or something.

I dont think it would be so easy as that, the Surfer is BONDED to his board, Reed just figured out a way to break that bond, thats why they couldnt get Victor off the board until they took out the pulse emitter.

Mephisto just about anybody and everybody would fail against. GR I still don't think would get a chance to hurt the Surfer. Silver Surfer has control over matter itself and unbelievable speed. He does not need to get close to harm the Ghost Rider and since in the movie GR still has that UV light/daylight weakness I'm pretty sure that all the Surfer would have to do is create artifical UV rays and turn him back. Hell, he can scatter his ashes into the wind if he wanted and that's just talking about the powers we've seen. GR CAN use the penance stare and he CAN wrap him in a chain and pull him towards him but I just don't think ol' flamehead has the speed to pull it off.

GR didnt have a weakness to UV light, just daylight, he doesnt have the same weaknesses as a vampire has, its just that the curse manifests itself at night time, besides, in the last of the movie, JB changes to GR in full daylight.

SS in the movie was way weaker then in the comics, and much to dependent on his board.
The Hulk was insanely strong, but I figure Phoenix power to dematerialize people would have to make her the most powerful.

I dont think it would be so easy as that, the Surfer is BONDED to his board, Reed just figured out a way to break that bond, thats why they couldnt get Victor off the board until they took out the pulse emitter.
Yeah but considering Mephisto has control over reality itself, wouldn't he simply be able to make it so? He has no binding contract with the Surfer. He can do whatever he wants to him. He can probably just think up that same field.

GR didnt have a weakness to UV light, just daylight, he doesnt have the same weaknesses as a vampire has, its just that the curse manifests itself at night time, besides, in the last of the movie, JB changes to GR in full daylight.
Yes but he was only able to move in the dark. I thought it had something to do with night and day too until he could clearly move in the day as long as he stays in the dark. Very similar to a vampire if you ask me. Hell, all he had to do was stick his arm in the dark and THAT transformed. I think it's just sunlight so UV rays would probably work almost as well.

Yeah but considering Mephisto has control over reality itself, wouldn't he simply be able to make it so? He has no binding contract with the Surfer. He can do whatever he wants to him. He can probably just think up that same field.

Yes but he was only able to move in the dark. I thought it had something to do with night and day too until he could clearly move in the day as long as he stays in the dark. Very similar to a vampire if you ask me. Hell, all he had to do was stick his arm in the dark and THAT transformed. I think it's just sunlight so UV rays would probably work almost as well.

So are you voting for Mephisto now? :huh:

So are you voting for Mephisto now? :huh:

I already voted for Surfer. Didn't even think of bringing Mephisto into this. November Rain did. That said, it's not even fair to bring Mephisto and Galactus into this because they are practically gods and would own everybody on the planet. These are the movie versions we're talking about here and just from what we've seen alone they can decimate everything if they feel like it.

surfer, galactus and Phoenix are pretty high on the list... but for the mere fact that Gman and surfer could take phoenix out from long distances, id go with those 2... surfer wins for the fact he defeated G

gonna have to go w/ silver surfer here ... i think he's displayed the most power even though phoenix probably has the potential for the most

The adaptation of Silver Surfer just makes my head hurt....LOL Horrible.:ss:
:huh: ...Dude, Doug Jone's performance was the best thing about the whole film. The only thing that sucks was that there wasn't enough of the surfer.

Yet Wolverine killed her?

Because she asked him to. If she didn't want him to kill her, he wouldn't have been able to. She killed Professor Xavier and an entire group of soldiers with a simple thought. She even killed some mutants who weren't even in her view.

Really, idk if even Silver Surfer is that great of a match. With his board, yes, but w/o it he's powerless (at least on film). If the army was able to get him off his board with a 'pulse' then Jean probably could've done the same using her powers and kill him easily.

Because she asked him to. If she didn't want him to kill her, he wouldn't have been able to. She killed Professor Xavier and an entire group of soldiers with a simple thought. She even killed some mutants who weren't even in her view.

Really, idk if even Silver Surfer is that great of a match. With his board, yes, but w/o it he's powerless (at least on film). If the army was able to get him off his board with a 'pulse' then Jean probably could've done the same using her powers and kill him easily.

except she'd have to be in close enough proximity.. when surfer could just shoot her down from space if he wanted to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"