Most Under Appreciated Sequel ? ? ?

Excorcist III. Honestly just as good as the original (IMO better). Not many have given it a chance because the second one is such a sucky film, but really....the third one is horrifying, and both George C. Scott and Brad Dourif are flipping fantastic.

^This

I remember the hallway scene...yikes. I am fan of George C. Scott and he was great. If Lee J. Cobb had not passed away it would have been great if he reprised the role to give it some continuity.

On the subject of sequels

The French Connection II

I'd have to say the Omen 2, it was better than the first.
Jonathan Scott-Taylor is genuinely quite convincing and creepy. The death set up's are also pretty cool, lady with her eye's pecked out by a crow, elevator chopped in half, trapped under ice e.t.c... good stuff.

The woman attacked by the crow...your talking about the reporter right...I remember I thought she looked hella old and chuckled every time someone called her young lady....

...Myself I love Omen 2...

The woman attacked by the crow...your talking about the reporter right...I remember I thought she looked hella old and chuckled every time someone called her young lady....

...Myself I love Omen 2...

where in cali are you from?

Batman Returns is under appreciated? O.O

I would say Aliens. People hate on James Cameron, but I thought Aliens was a really good movie

I though Aliens was appreciated?

Batman Returns is under appreciated? O.O

I would say Aliens. People hate on James Cameron, but I thought Aliens was a really good movie
How is Aliens under appreciated? :huh:....it is widely considered one of the best sequels of all time.

I'd say The Matrix sequels in particular Revolutions. Its probably not how I'd expect the sequels to be based on the first one...but I still enjoy them. Obviously, they don't compare to the original but they were still never that bad to me.
I also liked Predator 2. Again, nowhere near original but still enjoyable

I definitely agree with Hellboy 2, but I haven't seen the second Gremlins yet...

It was basically a parody movie made by the same people that did the first , It's cheesy fun . Definitely should give it a chance sometime.

Iron Man 2, Indiana Jones IV, and Spider-Man 3. Yes, I liked them; they were FUN. Screw the haters.
I'm with you on those two. I'd also add Quantum of Solace. Like Iron Man 2, it wasn't as good as the first, but was a good continuation of the first. And Once Upon a Time in Mexico, which might actually be my favorite of the three Mariachi movies.

Predator 2
Batman Returns

I liked both of these, probably BR a little more. Sometimes it felt like Predator 2 was written by an over caffeinated 13 year old boy. I want to add Alien 3, Jaws 2 and AvP-R to the list.

lost_world_jurassic_park_ver2.jpg

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Just because they are not after Judeo Christian artifacts it gets disrespected. It has more of the mechanics of the genre ala Mine Cart, Rope Bridge, Crushing Walls, Canopy Fall, Roaring Rapids, and Poison / Antidote scenario.

Plus it has more quotable lines, gross foods, hearts being ripped out, human sacrifice, mind control, slavery, Dan Akroyd, Anything Goes in Chinese, damsel in distress, car chase, chilled monkey brains,Club Obi Wan, and Fortune and Glory.

And last but not least....

Short Round.

Temple of Doom is VASTLY underrated.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Such a great post I had to quote it.

where in cali are you from?

:funny:

It's like that's what we're known for over here.

The Rescuer's Down Under
Return to Neverland
Mission Impossible III
X-Men III, best in the series
Ghostbusters 2
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Phantom Menace

To be honest, I've always loved this more than the original.

Was it straight to video? I've only seen that one as a kid.

colorofmoney.jpg

first one to come to my mind.

Was it straight to video? I've only seen that one as a kid.

It was in the theatre. I remember being fairly young and seeing it on the big screen. It was a double feature playing with White Fang.

To be honest, I've always loved this more than the original.

Me too, the animation and story is much better.

Somebody also mentioned Hellboy II, which I thought was 10x better than the original(which I HATED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"