Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

Long ago, Christopher Walken danced through a hotel to Fatboy Slim. Within the song is the line 'Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm.' Cool hip nerds know that this is a line from Dune.

Now Christopher Walken is playing the evil Emperor Shaddam in Dune.

'Barbie' features three leads from 'Sex Education': Emma Mackey, Connor Swindels, and Ncuti Gatwa. I'd forgotten about Ncuti because I've only been thinking about him as the next Doctor for a while.

Part of Ilia's theme from Star Trek The Motion Picture was used in the opening theme to Star Trek Voyager

Her theme:

Voyager theme:

When Stevie Nicks put out her song "Sorcerer" in 2001, I assumed it was a brand new track, never heard before.

So imagine my surprise when I heard Ellen Aim & The Attackers (really Laurie S. and Fire Inc.) belting it out in 1984's STREETS OF FIRE.

even tho I have seen Christine dozens of times on VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, and 4K after seeing it on the big screen for the first time the CQB 241 plate that is on the car when she is all restored is the same plate that was on the car when she was new it was on the car worn out and dinged up but it is seen in some shots when it was at LeBay's property.

In the opening of Superman 3 when Clark used a photo booth to change into Superman and comes out and sees the series of pics of him going from Clark to Superman and tears off the last pic and hands it to a little boy, that little boy is played by the actor who played Superman as a baby when he first landed on earth and lifted the truck up when it fell off of the jack woah.

I'm rewatching Bond films and the amount of similarities between Tomorrow Never Dies and the McQuarrie M:I films is quite noticeable. Even something that we *might* see in DR Part Two.

I just realized that The Sandlot and Rookie of the Year turned 30 years old this year. I also just realized that Shanghai Noon turned 23 and that Shanghai Knights turned 20 this year.

8f43959a175ff6811dcf908f7e514e4f.gif

May be known, yet just noticed...
85lid8.jpg

85lfl7.jpg

Marvel Star Wars #1 is in Corvette Summer (not surprising it was 1978)
85ld66.gif

85lhq0.gif

It's dark hard to tell, but after scrutinizing
85lkha.gif
the cover and pages opened too are...
85leu4.jpg

Last edited:
the 2000 movie Shaft has 2 actors who played Jim Gordon from Batman in it, Pat Hingle (the judge and 89 Gordon) and Jeffrey Wright (Peoples Hernandez and the current Gordon).

Roger L Jackson the voice of the killer in the Scream films is also the voice of Mojo Jojo on Powerpuff Girls show and movie.

That's peculiar^
89nfox.gif

Likely better known yet I always imagined the Proto-Flux-Capacitor AKA - the "Oscillation-Overthruster" used in Buckaroo Banzai, had to somewhat inform Spielberg.

Last edited:
I just found out that musician Elle King is Rob Schneider's daughter.

Director J.A. Bayona was in my home country doing some interviews for Society of the Snow and in one of those he revealed that Steven Spielberg approached him to direct the *FIRST* Jurassic World movie and he had to decline because he was working on another project at the time. Eventually he agreed to direct the second one.

one of the 2 Ferrari Daytona kit cars from the TV show Miami Vice was used in the movie Speed Zone. I thought it was just a coincidence that it looked like the Vice Ferrari but I just found out that one of the 2 which was used for stunt and shots where Don was not behind the wheel was used in the movie wow.

Somehow I never noticed that Wes Craven helmed that Swamp Thing movie two years before Nightmare on Elm Street.

the 2000 movie Shaft has 2 actors who played Jim Gordon from Batman in it, Pat Hingle (the judge and 89 Gordon) and Jeffrey Wright (Peoples Hernandez and the current Gordon).
and wasn't Batman himself Christian Bale in that one, too?

yeah but he was not one of two Batman actors in the same film ;)

the sound effect of the Batpod's motor sound came from the first gen Tesla Roadster

I rewatched Ghostbusters a couple of days ago and one line of dialogue caught my attention, something I didn't get before (mostly because for most of my life I saw the dubbed version):
"The franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams". The idea of Ghostbusters being a franchise was already established by Venkman. I'm surprised the business side of it hasn't been brought enough in the movies.

Numerous Star Trek actors had voice roles on Batman TAS

Levar Burton

Paul Winfield

Diana Muldaur

Brock Peters

David Warner

Ed Begley

Kate Mulgrew

John Glover

Michael Ansara

John De Lancie

Kenneth Mars

Rene Auberjonois

Ron Perlman

IMG_2232.jpeg

The lead singer of Toto - Joseph Stanley Williams is the son of John Williams and was the singing voice of Adult Simba in the (original) Lion King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"