Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

The house Tom Hanks lives in the movie The Burbs was used as the virgin Connie Swail's in one of his previous films Dragnet wow.

In Multiverse of Madness, when Xavier is inside the mind of 838 Wanda, trying to pull her out from under ruble, there's an old tv playing an episode of WandaVision.

Both female leads in Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow are named Rita

In 'Starship Troopers' the gang comes across an old veteran on their way to training. ("The Corps made me the man I am today!") As he turns his chair, we see that on top of his robot arm, he is also missing both legs. The actor is Robert David Hall, later best known as Dr. Al Robbins from 'CSI' who really is a double-amputee.

I’ve known this for a while, but I thought I’d share it again.

Bernard Fox played Colonel Gracie in Titanic, and years earlier played Frederick Fleet in A Night to Remember

C731CB3F-16F7-45FF-8E2A-F0B07E791160.jpeg

I’ve known this for a while, but I thought I’d share it again.

Bernard Fox played Colonel Gracie in Titanic, and years earlier played Frederick Fleet in A Night to Remember

View attachment 62724
Reminds me of a different Titanic cast member. Michael Ensign played the hotel manager in Ghostbusters. In Ghostbusters II (which he wasn't in), the Titanic is raised from the depths and docks in New York. In Titanic, Ensign plays first class passenger Benjamin Guggenheim.

hotel-manager-benjamin-guggenheim-600x338.jpg

The titanic one reminds me of The Time Machine in the newer one the main guy buys flowers from a shop played by Alan Young who played the main guys friend in the 1960s version.

Speaking of the Time Machine, I realized a while back that the scene where he demonstrates the model, we have the voices of Pongo, Bagheera, and Scrooge McDuck.

C57EBF42-F6FC-4E3F-A4E3-42531974B770.jpeg

'Birdman' and 'Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent' have a lot in common, centering on their aging, struggling actor protagonists. In particular, both men are visited by a proverbial devil on their shoulder, resembling their younger selves, representing the temptation to reject all this artistic crap and reconnecting with family and just embrace the glory of movie stardom again.

2 of the cars from Death Race 2000 are in Earth Girls Are Easy I always knew about the bull car with the horns at the gas station where the aliens 'rob it' but when they are on the freeway later on you see Frankenstein's green car which I NEVER noticed it till watching it last night.

There have been extensive essays and analysis about the transgender metaphors that are weaved into 'The Matrix' and how the Wachowski's own journey to find themselves manifests in their writing. One element of that comes with Agent Smith and his insistence on only addressing Neo as 'Mr. Anderson' throughout the series. Those familiar with the community know that this is called "dead-naming."

Last edited:
One of my favorite 1970s movies from my childhood was Hooper, which started Burt Reynolds, Jan Michael Vincent, and Sally Field. Burt Reynolds and Jan Michael Vincent play stunt men.

The actor whom Burt Reynolds is supposed to be the stunt man for is played by none other than Adam West. I never recognized him in the role.
upload_2023-3-9_23-49-15.jpeg
that’s Adam West on the left.

Whenever I watch reruns, I notice new things. This week I spotted James Saito, Shredder from the original Turtles movie on an episode of Star Trek Voyager

781B72D4-70AA-4BB9-8E87-D0BE20892E83.jpeg

Just realized this about [recent Oscar-winner] Jamie Lee Curtis:
On the AFI's list of the funniest movies ("100 Years, 100 Laughs") the #1 movie was 'Some Like It Hot' starring her dad, Tony Curtis.
On the AFI's list of the most thrilling movies ("100 Years, 100 Thrills), the #1 movie was 'Psycho' starring her mom, Janet Leigh.
Also [checks dates]...those came out 1 and 2 years after Jamie was born.
How's that for a double feature?

Last edited:
Clint Eastwood’s Unforgiven

]William Munny, true to his antihero character, does not ride off into the sunset but into the storm.

In 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' Sean Connery tosses out the line: "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky," which he attributes to King Charlamagne. Thing is, Charlamagne never said that; the screenwriter just made it up.

Then a year later, Connery closes 'Hunt for Red October' with another made-up quote: "And the sea shall grant each man new hope,' which he credits to Columbus. Again, Columbus didn't say that. What is it with Connery and made-up historical quotes?

The stars of the Burton/Schumacer 'Batman' series are a tight-knit group, crossing paths in many other movies, which I catalogued here:
Batman 90’s stars hanging out in other movies like it’s no big deal
To give it some perspective, if around 1999 WB had done a 'No Way Home'-style blowout with Batman fighting all seven rogues (putting aside that many of them already died), it would have been Nicholsen and DeVito's 5th film together, Nicholsen and Pfeiffer's 3rd, and DeVito and Schwarzenegger's 4th.

Last edited:
Kevin J. O'Connor, Beni from The Mummy, was also in Tremors: Ocean Adventure aka Deep Rising (it's actual name). Watched it last night and immediately recognized his voice. He's wearing long hair and a hat in most of this movie.

By race-lifting Electro so that he could be played by Jamie Foxx, Electro automatically joins the surprisingly large club of other black characters with electricity powers like Black Lightning, Static Shock, and related heroes.

Tony Shaloub was in Addams Family Values I only knew he was in MiB 1 and 2. I thought only the actor who played Lurch was in the MiB series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"