Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

'Princess Bride' and 'Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid,' which are both written by Willaim Goldman, both have that scene where somebody's being followed, and every time they see that the enemy is still on their tail, they keep saying the same thing. For 'Bride' it's Vizzini's "Inconceivable!" while for Butch and Sundance it's "Who are those guys?"

Stephen Lang, who played the super badass colonel in Avatar also played the weasley, scumbag cowboy thug, Ike Clanton in Tombstone.

Just found out that upon release Tropic Thunder received criticism for its reference to intellectually handicapped people as "guitars" but apparently not for RDJ appearing in blackface.

It got... Both.

It was both criticized AND praised for it's comedy.

In fact, it was controversial ON set while filming as there are reports of Brandon T. Jackson and RDJ going at it over aspects of RDJ's performance as Lazirus.

Ultimately though the reason it works is because Kirk's over the top "actor's committment" and Diva, out of touch celebrity attitude is what is being mocked, not African-Americans in general.

RDJ still gets hated on occasionally on Twitter for doing blackface by SJWs who are oblivious to satire or the whole point of his character.

Yeah it was clearly meant to be making fun of people who think blackface is ok. An argument can be made if blackface in general should ever be used again since the message of who it was actually mocking flew over most people’s heads.

Everyone knows the joke about Red Shirts on Star Trek TOS.

Thinking on Wrath Of Khan... They switch to the red navel uniforms and what happens?

Spock dies.

Nic Meyer was not a Trek fan so I doubt this is intentionally done but it is an interesting coincidence.

Much has been made of Quentin Tarantino's love of women's feet. Besides the usual close-ups with the camera, this also manifests in Pulp Fiction where two grown men have a 5-minute conversation about foot massages.

The majority of Avengers: Endgame and the future scenes in X-Men: Days of Future Past all take place in 2023. Just another similarity those two films share besides being superhero team films that deal with time travel while also serving as a culmination of each of their respective franchises without being the actual final film in the series.

Joe Chill from BB was in the movie Doom, I noticed last night.

Kristen Stewart apparently played Jodie Foster's daughter in Panic Room.

A number of recent film portayals of iconic black Americans have been played by Brits. Dr. King (David Oyelowo), Malcolm X (Kingsley Ben-Adir), Fred Hampton (Daniel Kaluuya), and Harriet Tubman (Cynthia Erivo).

Was just doing a little workout (Yes @Iceman... It was a pretty intense Kali workout. Axe handles, metal pipes, wooden swords and daggers, the whole shebang. The last month and a half I have slowly made it a point to go at it about once every two days. Oh the aches and pains.) and was having YouTube in the background for music. This came up, something I've seen before but a quite nice fan edit:

I heard the lines from the Bespin duel, "Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have control of your fear... Now, release your anger! Only your hatred can destroy me!"

Heard them countless times when it hit me just now.

It wasn't hatred that "destroyed" the mighty Dark Lord of the Sith.

It was love.

In Wedding Crashers, the parents are both played by a Bond Villain (Christopher Walken) and a Bond Girl (Jane Seymour)

Paul Bettany is best known for playing the Vision. The first film I saw him in was 'First Knight' playing Geoffrey Chaucer. The first time both of those characters appear on screen, they are completely naked.

Paul Bettany is best known for playing the Vision. The first film I saw him in was 'First Knight' playing Geoffrey Chaucer. The first time both of those characters appear on screen, they are completely naked.
It's been 15 years since I saw the movie so I may be misremembering, but I believe his albino monk character from The Da Vinci Code was also naked the first time he appeared on screen too. What a hat trick.

I think you mean “A Knight’s Tale”, don’t you?

I just realized the gunsmith and forger in The Day of The Jackal are Cyril Cusack and Ronald Pickup. Also it has a very young Derek Jacobi.

In Batman Forever, I realized Fred Stickley, Nygma's boss who he murders is played by Ed Begley Jr. in an uncredited role.

Also in the beginning of the Two-Face hide out scene, you can see Riddler standing still off to the side before it's his cue to enter.

I've seen this movie a lot. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"