Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

Fact the (somewhat ironically prophetic) first song played on MTV 1 August 1981
Yet more significant to this thread - the keyboardist at 2:51 is none other than Hans Zimmer of - Lion King, Gladiator, Pirates franchise, Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Dune, etc.

Ha, didn't know that! Wonder if the other keyboardist went on as successful after the Buggles..

Watched 'Goodfellas' again. There's lots of now-famous actors in small roles in that movie I already knew about. This time I spotted Isaiah Whitlock Jr. (from 'The Wire' and 'Lightyear') as the doctor during the 'May 11th 1980' scene. Also Tobin 'Jigsaw' Bell appears briefly in another scene.

Drake, Ellen/Elliott Page and Alison Pill all went to highschool together.

Drake used to bully Page because he had a crush on her.

'Thor: Ragnarok' features Jeff Goldblum AND Sam Neill, both of the dudes from 'Jurassic Park.'

There was a divorced dads romcom called Bye Bye Love in the late 90s that HBO played about 500 times in a month and then never again, starring Paul Reiser and Matthew Modine.

Now 25 years later, they're Eleven's dueling lab dads on STRANGER THINGS.

^I was totally rooting for Randy Quaid to show up on ST 3 or 4, perhaps as the corrupt mayor, just to round out that trio.

In The Sound of Music, Maria never calls Captain Von Trapp by name, even after they get married.

There was a divorced dads romcom called Bye Bye Love in the late 90s that HBO played about 500 times in a month and then never again, starring Paul Reiser and Matthew Modine.

Now 25 years later, they're Eleven's dueling lab dads on STRANGER THINGS.
I loved Bye Bye Love. Just a sweet cheesy movie.

the gong sounds of the Hill Valley courthouse in BTTF part 1 is taken from Big Ben :shock

In Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Hendricks (the villain) can be seen twice way before Ethan crosses paths with him in the Kremlin. He appears briefly right when he and Benji get clearance in the security checkpoint. And he is walking in front of them. I've seen the movie a million times and I never noticed that until last night.

p6cfhteh87d41.png

Hannah John-Kamen can be glimpsed as a First Order officer on Starkiller Base in the control room when General Hux fires the weapon at the Republic.

Also just found out John-Kamen was a Dothraki on a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.
She was also in READY. PLAYER. ONE

Me too, love that weird old movie - the big screen debut of Liam Neeson, who moved in with co-star Helen Mirren after that.

Excalibur probably has a bunch of " bet you didn't know he was in it...." like Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Gabriel Byrne and Ciaran Hinds.

The director of Excalibur also directed Deliverance.
Also the hottie who played Morgan’s?? That’s right!! Helen mirren

Watched 'Goodfellas' again. There's lots of now-famous actors in small roles in that movie I already knew about. This time I spotted Isaiah Whitlock Jr. (from 'The Wire' and 'Lightyear') as the doctor during the 'May 11th 1980' scene. Also Tobin 'Jigsaw' Bell appears briefly in another scene.

Probably the best example of a " was in Goodfellas before they were big" is Samuel L Jackson.

^I was totally rooting for Randy Quaid to show up on ST 3 or 4, perhaps as the corrupt mayor, just to round out that trio.
Randy Quaid went off the deep end years ago. Randy and his wife had a bunch of legal issues and hasn't been in a major film in a decade.

I don't see Netflix rushing to sign him up for one of their biggest shows.

ddf9b98514d7e2179bc5c6afa453563e.jpg
images

The same actor plays both characters in live action

Pauly Shore was in the movie 18 again I only remember first seeing him in Encino Man years later

Idris Elba and John Boyega have technically played father-and-son in the PACIFIC RIM movies, but they've never actually appeared in a movie together.

What a tease.

Robert Patrick and Kristana Loken who both played a Terminator were both in SWAT Firefight

Courtny Cox, Udo Kier and Jim Carrey has actually shared a scene together, as unlikely as it seems.

love-animals-Ace-Ventura.jpg

Clancy Brown and Michael Ironside, the voices of Lex Luthor and Darkseid respectively, both play officers in 'Starship Troopers.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"