Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

Ashley Johnson plays Van Damme's kid in Lionheart.

My random discoveries of Ashley Johnson in random films continue.

the Auto Destruct authorization codes used in Star Trek 3 ware identical to the ones used in an episode of the 60s tv show only difference was in the movie it was Kirk, then Scott, then Chekov, in the TV show it was Kirk, then Spock, then Scott but all the codes were the same (you think they would have changed them in the 20 or so years between the tv show and the 3rd movie :hehe: ).

Movie

TV Series

Hannah John-Kamen can be glimpsed as a First Order officer on Starkiller Base in the control room when General Hux fires the weapon at the Republic.

Also just found out John-Kamen was a Dothraki on a couple episodes of Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
Deadpool is invited to join the X-Men in both of his movies when he's not really a mutant, but a mutate.

With 'Destination Wedding' Keanu and Winona have done 4 movies together. I thought it was only 2 (Dracula). The others were 'A Scanner Darkly' and 'Private Lives of Pippa Lee.'

Was thinking about that movie 'Leatherheads' which was directed by George Clooney and starred George and John Krasinski. I wonder if they had a lot of conversations while making that movie, where George gave John advice on things like how to transition from TV to movies, or how to go from acting to directing, since John is currently (and very successfully) following that path himself.

Wes Craven directed the original Swamp Thing movie.

Kick Ass 2 had Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars & Stripes with his attack dog. I believe that breed was a Belgian Malinois. I remember it from the show 'Person of Interest' where Jim Caveizel explains that they're trained with Dutch commands, which I think is what Jim Carrey does in the film. ("SCHVANTZ!")

Planet of the Apes 1968.
Dodge ( Taylor colleague ) is apparently the only black man the Apes have ever seen.

Dr. Strange and Wong are both played by Benedicts.

I remember watching the "Toxic Crusaders" cartoon in the early '90s, and later learned of the R-rated Toxic Avenger films that inspired the 'toon.

I don't think it ever occurred to me that the titles were different.

Why did they need Bootstraps’ blood to lift the curse?

Every time Tomb Raider is on the telly, I go: Yeah right, Daniel Craig is in this one.

And of course: Angelina in her prime. Damn..

Bryan Cranston voiced Fei Long in the Street Fighter II animated movie. I know he did a lot of VO work back then (including Power Rangers) but that's just so damn weird to see now.

Watching You Only Live Twice, I realized that the actor playing Henderson was also Blofeld in Diamonds Are Forever.

Pretty sure there’s a PSP on Jim Halpert’s desk; season two, “The Fight,” right when Michael tells him about the Damn Rascals.

I don’t remember what episode but I’ve seen a Donald Trump book in Michael’s office.

Not surprisingly, the DC-Snyderverse has brought back a few Watchmen alumni, a couple playing the fathers of Batman and Flash, and another playing the half-brother of Aquaman. Also, all six of the JL-ers have at least one parent appear on screen (all played by pretty big-name actors, of course.) Compare that to the original six Avengers where the only ones whose parents we've met are Thor and Iron Man.

Last edited:
The name of the toothpaste factory Charlie's father works at in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is Smilex. Smilex is also the name of the chemical that Joker uses to give people permanent smiles in Batman.

Reactions: CJ
In the first Avengers, Loki comments on how Odin must have used all his dark magic to transport Thor to Earth since the rainbow bridge was destroyed. In Infinity War, Heimdall asks the all father to let the dark magic flow through him one last time in order to transport Banner back to Earth.

Both Mortal Instruments and Mortal Engines have bad guys named Valentine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"