Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

In Dark Phoenix, Sophie is playing the redheaded Jean while Jessica Chastain wears that ivory-blonde wig. In real life, Sophie's blonde and Chastain's the redhead.
^that is just like Spider Man 3 you had blonde Dunst playing a red head MJ and red head Howard playing a blonde Gwen

In Avenger End Game, it's the rat that trigger the Quantum Tunnel in the van, I thought it was a glitch or that Ant-Mam managed to do it from the Q realm....

There is a bit of a joke from the Russos (or maybe it was the writers) that said that 1 out of 14 million outcomes was the one where the rat just happens to turn on the machine. :funny:

I don't know how I missed this, and I've seen the film at least five times, or maybe the scene goes too fast, but I never realized the van is FILLED WITH ANTS.

673109891b8afccc664391ddbd983c0b.jpg

I didn't know that Elsie Fisher played one of the girls in Despicable Me

Im watching the new 4K release of Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy, and I just noticed that Hellboy has hooves like in the comics. They're only visible in the scene when Myers is introduced to Hellboy. The rest of the film he is wearing boots.

Last edited:
A Nightmare on Elm Street

There’s a Dark Side of the Moon poster in Tina’s bedroom.

The first 'Anchorman' has that bit where Ron first meets Veronica and is like, "have you heard of me? I'm kind of a big deal." The later in the sequel, we finally meet Ron and Veronica's boss and it's Harrison Ford, who has no time for Ron's crap. Then a bit later, Ford returns as Han Solo in 'Force Awakens' where Finn is like, "y'know, i'm kind of a big deal," which Solo knows is a load of crap.

There are two DC movies released in 2019 Shazam and Joker. Both deals with the main character looking for a lost parental figure and end up disappointed when they find out the truth. In Joker, Arthur kills Franklin Murray and tells him that he's getting what he deserves and in Shazam, Sivana tells his father that he's getting what he deserves before he kills him.

There are two DC movies released in 2019 Shazam and Joker. Both deals with the main character looking for a lost parental figure and end up disappointed when they find out the truth. In Joker, Arthur kills Franklin Murray and tells him that he's getting what he deserves and in Shazam, Sivana tells his father that he's getting what he deserves before he kills him.
And of course, Sivana's journey parallels with Billy's, who's quite disappointed when he catches up with his own lost parental figure.

More time has passed between the release of The Mummy ('99) and now than between that film and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Last night I was watching parts of Pinocchio on Disney+. It was the first time I've watched it in probably 20-25 years so there was a lot I didn't remember. I forgot just how terrifying Monstro the whale was and I was surprised that I didn't have any nightmares as a kid. But what I really noticed was how much Monstro resembles a Xenomorph. I have to wonder if HR Giger wasn't inspired by that a little bit.

01-Monstro_c0-1-900-523_s896x520.jpg

alien1.jpg

Everybody makes fun of that one scene in Revenge of the Sith where Obi-Wan sneaks up on General Grevious and, instead of using the element of surprise to take out the Seperatist leader, he drops in and what does he say?
"Hello there."

So I'm re-watching A New Hope, Obi-Wan shows up to rescue Luke by waving his arms around and making elephant noises, then he checks on Luke. He sees R2, takes his hood down, and what does he say as his first line in the first movie?
"Hello there."

Reactions: CJ
Nick Robinson WASN'T the bf in Darkest Minds, that was some other dude, and he romanced Amandla Stenberg in a different movie (Everything, Everything).

Nolan's new film TENET features Robert Pattinson and Clemence Posey, granting us a long-awaited Tri-Wizard reunion

When next we see Zemo on "Falcon & Winter Soldier" he'll be following a similar track to Lane in the last couple of M:I movies; we know he's a fighter, but he only does the chess master act for his first movie. In combat, he'll likely be as tough as Natasha.

Both Avengers Endgame and Rise of Skywalker end with the villain and hero exchanging a "I am X" type statement.

Both Avengers Endgame and Rise of Skywalker end with the villain and hero exchanging a "I am X" type statement.
Not to mention the "oh no, we're gonna lose" followed by someone talking through an ear piece "you're not alone!" and a plethora of help coming.

Also, the confrontation in TROS between
hero and evil magic grandfather
hits some similar beats to the climax of
Kubo and the Two Strings

My sister-in-law was blasting the HAMILTON soundtrack right after we saw FROZEN II, and that's how we noticed Jonathan Groff (Kristoff) also played King John.

Taxi Driver

After Albert Brooks kicks De Niro out of the campaign office, a pane of glass falls out of the door.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"