Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

Both Greta Gerwig and Adam Driver were born within 2 months of me.

Doctor Strange.
As I'm currently re watching it, I just realized that The Lev Cape was wiping Strange's tears (the scene at 01:27:00, in the bathroom when he got all mushy with The Doc after death of The Ancient One).

'Shawshank Redemption' was 26 years ago. The story ends around 1966, so if we were to do a movie catching up with the main characters today, it would be set in 1992.

KBk8gDu.jpg

Waterworld/Napoleon Dynamite... Same actress.

Tom Hanks wakes up to Mr. Rogers on TV in Joe Dante's The 'burbs.

Last edited:
I didn't know Millie Bobby Brown was British until I saw her as a presenter at the Golden Globes.

John Goodman is younger than I thought (67), which means he was the age I am now (36) when "Roseanne" premiered.

Christian Bale's Batman has a recurring problem with being kind of lousy at saving people.

In Batman Begins, he fights Fake Ra's Al Ghul and destroys the temple all because he refuses to execute the farmer who killed his neighbor. But the guy almost surely perished anyway, he was bound and shirtless in an exploding/burning temple on top of snowy mountains in the Himalayas, and Bruce definitely didn't take him with him when he escaped.

Also in the parking garage in The Dark Knight, he busts the meeting between The Chechen and Scarecrow, but I guess that guy The Chechen brought with him who was screaming about imaginary bugs all over him, whom The Chechen brought as evidence of what Scarecrow's drugs are doing to his customers, is still writhing around on the ground yelling about bugs, because again, Batman totally didn't take anyone with him when he left.

In the Batman TAS episode "See No Evil", where Batman fights an invisible man, Elisabeth Moss plays the little girl Batman has to rescue.
And now she's in the new Invisible Man
:wow:
She went from an abusive invisible dad to an abusive invisible boyfriend.

Mamma Mia 2 follows the same sequel/prequel format as Godfather II.

I thought PG-13 movies were only allowed one F-bomb, but Knives Out has at least two. Don Johnson asks "who the **** is that?" about Daniel Craig during the opening interviews, and later Chris Evans says "**** my family".

I didn't realize until CA:CW that Giant Man was Ant Man with a "G" and an "I" in the front.

Last edited:
When Dorothy meets Professor Marvel, he makes a phony attempt to read her mind. Whereas in Back to the Future, when Marty meets Doc Brown in 1955, the Doc makes an honest attempt to read his mind.

Morgan Freeman's character Hoke from Driving Miss Daisy was played by him in the play version as well

Is it just me or is 2020 a really slow year for theatrical releases. Like the last few years there have been so many movies I couldn't wait to see, it seemed like a lot of them were releasing on the same day, and there was at least 1 every few weeks, looking at the 2020 release schedule, I'm not seeing much but maybe 1 a month, and maybe 2 in a few months.

I've watched all of Rian Johnson's movies (in the cinema even)
I've listened to "You Must Remember This" podcast by Karina Longworth for years
And only today did I learn that they are husband and wife.

The Breakfast Club features two actors who would both appear in The Dark Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"