Music You'd Like To Hear In Punisher: Warzone trailer

Snikt

Sidekick
Reaction score
If anyone wants to merge this with another thread, cool. But I thought it'd be an interesting discussion.

Personally, I'd like to hear the song "Enemy" by Drowning Pool in the trailer. The main reason is the lyrics fit the Punisher perfectly. Here's some of the lyrics:

"I walk the hollow way to you. God knows what I've been through. This is the life of hell. This is the life I choose. You better walk away from me, you made an enemy."

I know Drowning Pool has been done to death, but the song is new and it is really different from "Bodies" and "Step Up."

Thoughts:unishr:

By Mogwai

Auto Rock
Glasgow Mega-Snake
We're No Here

By Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Specific elements of these anyway)

Static
The Dead Flag Blues
East Hastings

Johnny Cash

God's Gonna Cut You Down

Bob Dylan

All Along The Watchtower

But I'd like some original music too.

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, by Drowning Pool makes me think of The Punisher every time... but they used it for Rambo, and it's probably overused for another Punisher trailer.

Everytime somebody makes one of these Soundtrack threads, they always start naming nu metal bands and I cringe everytime I see someone write Drowning Pool or Slipknot.

By Mogwai

Auto Rock
Glasgow Mega-Snake
We're No Here

Wow dude, I just check those songs out and the last two sound great! I love good instrumental music and this seems to fit Lexi's style more. I always like your suggestions, I remember I had never even heard Muse before you brought them up once.

As long as they don't use the usual rock tunes, I'll be happy. But I'm sure they will use something by Drowning Pool.

Everytime somebody makes one of these Soundtrack threads, they always start naming nu metal bands and I cringe everytime I see someone write Drowning Pool or Slipknot.

Co-Sign. Talk about cliche. It all reminds me of a WWE promo circa 1999/2000.

I share your pain, really I do. I hope they don't get lazy and use something inventive and original.

Well, Drowning Pool is not the only band I'd like to hear in the trailer. Maybe AC/DC "TNT" or Johnny Cash - "Hurt".

Maybe some Ozzy Osbourne - "I'm Not Goin' Away."

And just because he's not an actual soldier anymore - "Citizen Soldier."

a rage against the machine song would be badass...

"freedom"
"killing in the name of"
"know your enemy"
"calm like a bomb"

any of those would work methinks.

and if i hear drowning pool "bodies" in there, i might seriously cry.

You know, I hate Drowning Pool. That song I mentioned just seems to fit well.

So You Die, by Bloodbath
Cancer of the Soul, by Bloodbath
I've Got You Under My Skin, by Frank Sinatra
Past Darkness, by Inevitable End
Hidden, by Living Sacrifice

Some good death metal songs would work, but that never happens in trailers. Having some Sinatra or other jazz would be kind of sweet... It's a lot of fun to play shooter games while listening to that is kind of eerie, and would kind of make a Punisher trailer twisted.

no rock music..

from an orchestra, the punisher these From the last film..slow but building to reveal Ray as the punisher.

I understand why so many don't really want Drowning Pool or other hard rock metal bands, but I think so many people gravitate towards these bands because the Punisher himself is a very dark and heavy character.

I am still hoping an original score will be composed for the film. I just feel heavy metal is appropriate for the char

Absolutely, positively NO licensed music of any sort at all.

How can a genre have a religious belief? Music has no soul, that makes no sense. It's all music in the end, and why would Christians have their own style anyways? The lyrics to the song could fit with the themes of The Punisher.

As for any metal or rock in a trailer, it would work for a TV spot. The orchestral music would be better for a theatrical.

How can a genre have a religious belief? Music has no soul, that makes no sense. It's all music in the end, and why would Christians have their own style anyways? The lyrics to the song could fit with the themes of The Punisher.

As for any metal or rock in a trailer, it would work for a TV spot. The orchestral music would be better for a theatrical.

Music has no soul? These days, you're actually right, which is quite a shame and why I don't keep track of music anymore.

Down With The Sickness was the first song that jumped to my mind.

Absolutely, positively NO licensed music of any sort at all.

You do realize almost every trailer these days uses licensed music. I Am Legend used music from The Fountain Soundtrack. X2 used music from "The Planets - Mars and Neptune." Blade 2 used Crystal Method, "Name of the Game."

It is really impossible to find movie trailers that do not used licensed music.

You do realize almost every trailer these days uses licensed music. I Am Legend used music from The Fountain Soundtrack. X2 used music from "The Planets - Mars and Neptune." Blade 2 used Crystal Method, "Name of the Game."

Or they use something by Immediate Music, X-Ray Dog, or music from their movie's composer or from another's (Such as Clint Mansell's song from The Fountain in I Am legend). But in most cases you're right regarding TV ads.

I don't remember X2 having Holst in the trailer, but that's cool. I like The Planets.

Music has no soul? These days, you're actually right, which is quite a shame and why I don't keep track of music anymore.

Obviously not what I meant, but who cares anyways.

That doesn't stop it from being mind numbingly tacky.

I thought "Broken" by Seether (the original, not the stupid Amy Lee one) was great in all the 04 Punisher's TV spots. The lyrics and rythm fit the character so perfect.

But I have to agree for this one I'd rather see no catchy rock songs at all, just instrumentals. But you can pretty much guarantee we'll get some dumb rock song.

no rock music..

from an orchestra, the punisher these From the last film..slow but building to reveal Ray as the punisher.

Yea, I agree, no rock, it would cheapify the look and feel of the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"