My designs for future characters.

I cannot count how many times I have said this along with some people like TheGrayGhost...too many people are taking this realism to the Nolan films to the extreme.

Kaizer said:
My fan-fic is mostly based on the very first issues of Batman (the Bill Finger/Bob Kane ones) with a little touch of Year One.

Ha! Know what? That sounds almost exactly like something I wrote a couple of years back!

I cannot count how many times I have said this along with some people like TheGrayGhost...too many people are taking this realism to the Nolan films to the extreme.

Totally agree...

BTW: Hi, I´m new here! Well, not exactly; I´ve been sneaking around these boards for some time now, I just saw the quoted post by Kaizer and had to reply. - I will, however continue my posting, so, please, be gentle with me :p

Agreed with Kaizer quote the new films are trying to be real and dark but he would get too realistic

Kaizer said:
As I really have no interest in your interpretation of the characters, but still you keep pushing them on me, and I keep listening.

Because deep down you know I'm right. :D

My fan-fic is mostly based on the very first issues of Batman (the Bill Finger/Bob Kane ones) with a little touch of Year One.

That's cool. But if that's true, then you must know that Robin was a KID in the old comics. And the new comics. And... every comic.

I´m an educated screenwriter/director, in some cases, I do know what I´m talking about.

That's great. I'm a novelist and a screenwriter myself. I have a college degree. I just think I have a better understanding of this stuff than you do.

I totally agree with you on most of your claims, I think you somewhat misunderstand me, in the comics-world I have absolutely no problem with Robin´s age and development, I just don´t see it happening in the realistic world of Begins. An oppinion which I think I share with most people around here. Robin has no place in a Begins Sequel. Period.

Okay. I think I have misunderstood you somewhat then. I don't think Robin will ever be in a Begins sequel, at least not one directed by Chris Nolan. But that doesn't mean that I would be against it if it happened, provided it was done the right way.

And let me say, just because Begins takes a "realistic" approach to things, that doesn't mean that Robkn couldn't be a kid. Begins may be somewhat realistic, but how realistic is it that a man would dress up as a bat to fight crime? The subject matter is inherently unrealistic. You have to realize that what Nolan did is EXACTLY what Bob Kane and Bill Finger always did. Batman is an unrealistic character, grounded in reality. It's not realistic that a person would do the things that he does, but on the other hand, the character is designed as a human being with no superpowers using his mind, body, and some cool devices to get things done. He's human.

That's all that Nolan did. He made a movie about an unrealistic character, and grounded it in reality. That's exactly how Batman is meant to be done. Robin is the same way. He's unrealistic, but he's grounded in reality. There's no reason why it couldn't work in Nolan's world, except that Nolan doesn't want to do it, so he won't.

You know what? I think we can safely say that at the end, we agree... I´ve been looking over my posts and I haven´t really expressed my thoughts correctly. I´ve been really stressed out by this TV-commercial I´ve been working on and most of what I said, really was jibberish...Well, my inital thoughts were lost in a bad way of formulation, you could say....

Whatever happend to superscar isn't this his or her thread?

I have come to notice that a lot of the people who start these kind of threads rarely post in them. Look at that one thread that guy started that was called like "I WILL GET FA-LAMED but I think Robin should be in the third film!!" or whatever it was called. He recently posted but I have seen very few comments by him. :p

trustyside-kick said:
I have come to notice that a lot of the people who start these kind of threads rarely post in them. Look at that one thread that guy started that was called like "I WILL GET FA-LAMED but I think Robin should be in the third film!!" or whatever it was called. He recently posted but I have seen very few comments by him. :p

Or her. I could be wrong but I think bdsproductions is a femme. It's in the subtext when you look carefully at his or her posts.

Kaizer said:
You know what? I think we can safely say that at the end, we agree... I´ve been looking over my posts and I haven´t really expressed my thoughts correctly. I´ve been really stressed out by this TV-commercial I´ve been working on and most of what I said, really was jibberish...Well, my inital thoughts were lost in a bad way of formulation, you could say....

Ah, it's cool. I honestly enjoyed debating with you. Debates are fun. :up:

trustyside-kick said:
WTF do you mean by 'rarely' posted, I've posted more in this thread than I have in anything else. Sorry I did'nt take part in another 'Robin should or should'nt be in this franchise' but I thought that by the amount of designs I've done for the character you'd be able to tell my view on it. Take a look through and you'll see I did'nt just start the topic then ****ed off. I've been busy recently and it was'nt meant to be a discussion thread on who should or should not be in this franchise, there's plenty of them to post in. Sorry but that comment just pissed me off a bit.:mad:

:eek:

My comment was not anything to insult you or anything lol. Where was I saying anything bad?

:O Sorry, my appologies. I read it as if you were saying something else.

super scar said:
I wish I had more time there but in ways it's good to be back. This next one is an early design for Nightwings suit. I also feel that I should thank DAVIDYR1 'cause I use his costume design thread for reference. If you read this I can't wait to see the finished result and hopefully there might be an update on the Bermejo project soon.
Anyway here's the design...

nwing.jpg
This is much like how htey made robins suit in batman and robin its a cool night wing suit new but true

Excellent work everyone, hope you dont mind i saved a few so i can color them in and play around with them, i'll repost them if i ever finish

Lots o lafs said:
This is much like how htey made robins suit in batman and robin its a cool night wing suit new but true

No it is just like the begins suit instead of Bat logo we have the Nightwing logo. The suit from Batman and Robin that Robin wore was nothing like this design.

Why does this get a unique thread? Shouldn't this be in Fanart/Manips?

Just an update with some added shadows and highlights. Goin to have to quit for a while though. Need to concentrate on college work. :csad:
bmanhl.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"