Natalie Portman is JANE FOSTER!

This definitely brings in more credibilty, but I was already stoked for this movie. Summer 2011 is gonna be awesome w/this, Lantern,Cap and Spidey.

*dances the happy dance* THAT was the news I was waiting for months!!!!!!

I'm a little confused with this casting. I thought this movie was going take place completely in Asgaard?

Did I miss some news?

I noticed today's synopsis from Marvel contradicts the all Asgaard theory.

"Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth. "

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/IronClad/news/?a=8529

I'm pretty sure more of it is going to be set on Earth since they started rewriting.

I didn't realize they were doing such significant rewrites. Interesting...

I've said other places but thus far I haven't been disappointed in one aspect of this movie yet. Go Branagh, go.

Good, good choice.

curious... I hope that Jane is upgraded to a doctor here.. might as well...

Too bad that there will be no Don.. for the first movie, at least..

I'm glad Portman is playing a human woman and not a strapping Norse goddess.

First Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern and now Natalie Portman as Jane Foster... wow...

I used to be a fan of Nat but... this kinda sparked a bit of interest.

Dont know anything about the character she is playing, but Natalie Portman is a great acctress and an absolute hotty to boot. She was fantastic in V For Vendetta IMO, and she is generally a talented acctress.

I'm glad Portman is playing a human woman and not a strapping Norse goddess.

Ahh,.. sarcasm. I get it. I'm a teacher and in spite of what the text books told us back in college I use that from time to time. Very effective at times.
Yes, would be nice to see her in fetching Asgardian dress. Verily.

^I wasn't being sarcastic. Tiny, skinny Natalie Portman isn't my idea of a Norse goddess.

And I wouldn't care about Portman in Asgardian dress. Check out my user name. :cwink:

Thor was pretty popular with the ladies in the comics. Sif, the Enchantress, the Wasp, Jane, and various others were always sweating him. :up:

If they really do sign Biel, we need a poll thread to ask who has the hotter cast, Iron Man or Thor?

Jessica Biel and Natalie Portman VS Scarlett Johannson and Gwyneth Paltrow

Casting a proper Enchantress would put Thor over the top unless Olivia Munn has a larger roll than they stated. Wow, Marvel Studio knows their stuff.

^I wasn't being sarcastic. Tiny, skinny Natalie Portman isn't my idea of a Norse goddess.

And I wouldn't care about Portman in Asgardian dress. Check out my user name. :cwink:

"Check out my user name."

I saw it. One never knows. The written word loses some subtlety of the actual, audible spoken word.

While not my ideal woman I dig her in whatever guise.

I would take Biel & Portman over Johannson & Paltrow.

I sure as hell wouldn't. While Portman & Paltrow aren't uber-hot types like Biel and Johannson, I find Paltrow more attractive than Portman.

If I could choose, I'd go with Biel and Paltrow.:woot:

Biel 'cause, let's face it, she's super hot. And Paltrow because I just love those Hitchcockian, sophisticated blondes.

I'd chose, Paltrows legs, Biels ass, Scarlett's bewbs, and Natalie's face. :cwink:

Damn, it just occured to me that we have 3 possibly 4 of the hottest actresses in hollywood

Portman
Paltrow
Johannson
and possibly Biel

thats rad

Excellent casting.

Portman and Biel really make sense as Foster and Sif respectivelly.

I don't really find Scarlett Johansson that attractive, so I'd go with Biel and Portman.

I generally feel the same way about Johansson; seeing her as BW is probably the 1st time I've ever looked at her and thought she looks sexy or even attractive.

^That's how I feel about Portman. Good actress? Yes. Super hot? Not to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"