The Dark Knight Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave him alone. the suit rocks. You can never see too much of it.

batmantdkhighres2vo6.jpg

Ok now I've seen too much. :p

I would spam too for a day if I had the first pic of the new Batsuit...then I would stop...

I posted this in the other thread so you can ignore it if you've seen it. Or even if you haven't.

Well, a good bit of time has passed now and after reading through all these pages and really soaking in this new design, I'm left with a single thought.

This thought also applies directly to the Joker pic, as my feelings towards the look of both characters are exactly the same.

The release of these TDK pictures feels like showing up to a blind date. Hear me out.

After being set up for this date you hear a few tidbits about the guy or girl you'll soon meet. You start to form an idea of what this chick looks like in your head, knowing full well it's just speculation. But, from word on the street, she sounds like she might be of Asian decent. And oh how you love Asian chicks. You've always wanted to date an Asian chick.

Now, after what seems like an eternity of anticipation, the day comes. You show up at the restaurant and wait for her. You're looking around, desperately trying to keep it cool. You feel a tap on the shoulder. You turn around to see.... A hot a** white chick.

I mean, this chick is baaaad. You know you're lucky to even be fixed up with her. Through the whole meal there's this nagging feeling though.
"I really wanted her to be Asian".
The thought of what could have been... I say all that, to say this.

Let's at least give this young lady a chance. She could have a great personality. I'd be lying though if I said she wouldn't be under a microscope the entire time.

As an Asian American person with self respect, I find this post highly offensive.

Fetishizing Asian women is not a good look, man. And is completely unneccesary in a thread discussing Batman.

Another possibility why Bale isn't as buff at the moment is that he's still working out, and if there's any kind of shirtless/training scene, they'll film that at the end, when he's as big as possible.

But for the majority of the filming, he's more slim so the costumes can be less bulky. Just a thought...

-- Admiral Nelson
That's very plausible. Filming lasts until October/November apparently so there's still a good amount of time for him to bulk up if needed.

i was hoping for a less armored look, but this isn't bad. it's definitely less bulky than the bb suit. i love the cowl and skin-tight neck. i like that the suit itself appears to be closer to the dark gray color used in the comics. i like the gloves and boots and the fact that they seem to have done away with the cape clasps. however, there seems to be too much detail to the armor, although that would fit in with the "dark knight" motif. i hope the bat emblem isn't the same color as the belt. i'd like to get a good shot of the blades on his gloves. overall it's pretty cool. it's almost like dr. mid-nite's costume with the armored shoulders, arms and torso.

One criticism that I´m sick of hearing is the "Batman looks like Robocop" one... The WHOLE concept of the armored batsuit has been inspired by Robocop in the first place, so that comment got old as early as 1989... Plus Batman no longer moves like a robot like he did in the first couple movies, AND now he can finally do a full head-turn.

It's certianly asthetically pleasing, but it looks and sounds like Hollywood tech. The blades shooting from the gauntlets is stupid and I'm very uneasy about this mysterious cape action.

One criticism that I´m sick of hearing is the "Batman looks like Robocop" one... The WHOLE concept of the armored batsuit has been inspired by Robocop in the first place, so that comment got old as early as 1989... Plus Batman no longer moves like a robot like he did in the first couple movies, AND now he can finally do a full head-turn.

Well he does look like Robocop..look at my avvy :D

i dont even understand whats looks like robocop.

and its also strange that noone says that the shoulders look like this. and they look 40-50% like this.
ironman1.jpg

its the same system. its protects the shouldrs. but at the same time the movement is almost 100%.

Okay, now that discussion is reaching a climax, we need to start seeing some manips of Bale and Ledger for fan posters...like, stat.

CFE

It's certianly asthetically pleasing, but it looks and sounds like Hollywood tech. The blades shooting from the gauntlets is stupid and I'm very uneasy about this mysterious cape action.
i thought that he said that the material is a mistery.

The joke is...he doesn't look anything like Robocop.

Poeple posted pics.....no resemblence. Not even a little.

Y'know come to think of it, this idea of the gauntlet blades being projectile weapons reminds me of the New Goblin in SM3:

0060837241.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34259484_.jpg

CFE

As an Asian American person with self respect, I find this post highly offensive.

Fetishizing Asian women is not a good look, man. And is completely unneccesary in a thread discussing Batman.

This is a Batman forum. Please take your political views elsewhere.

I'm asian and I wasn't offended.

The joke is...he doesn't look anything like Robocop.

Poeple posted pics.....no resemblence. Not even a little.

I don't think you understand. LOOK at the various similarities.

1. It is a picture of a MAN in a SUIT which is vaguely SHINY. ROBOCOP has a SUIT. That suit is SHINY.

2. The only thing that is visible is his CHIN. Robocop also happens to have a CHIN. The CHIN is also VISIBLE on his SHINY SUIT.

3. Batman has a grappling hook gun that looks like an irregular GUN. Robocop wields an IRREGULAR GUN, which he uses to punish CRIMINALS. I understand that Batman does this OCCASIONALLY.

4. The next WORD is going to be in all CAPS.

5. Frank Miller.

6. Both Robocop and Batman have experienced TRAUMA. Both men's psyches are represented by having a HARD FIERCE EXTERIOR, but behind this exterior is a center of RICH CREAMY NOUGAT.

7. Both Batman and Robocop have KNEES, which are used for BENDING or playing the SPOONS ON when you are in a HOOTENANNY.

8. Never end a list on a SEVEN.

Case closed.

1. It is a picture of a MAN in a SUIT which is vaguely SHINY. ROBOCOP has a SUIT. That suit is SHINY.

2. The only thing that is visible is his CHIN. Robocop also happens to have a CHIN. The CHIN is also VISIBLE on his SHINY SUIT.

3. Batman has a grappling hook gun that looks like an irregular GUN. Robocop wields an IRREGULAR GUN, which he uses to punish CRIMINALS. I understand that Batman does this OCCASIONALLY.

5. Frank Miller.

6. Both Robocop and Batman have experienced TRAUMA. Both men's psyches are represented by having a HARD FIERCE EXTERIOR, but behind this exterior is a center of RICH CREAMY NOUGAT.

7. Both Batman and Robocop have KNEES, which are used for BENDING or playing the SPOONS ON when you are in a HOOTENANNY.

Case closed.

LOL!

CFE

done know if anyone else noticed this, but doesnt it kind of look like the "ultimate" batman from wizard? anyone have a pic of that?
Yes! I was thinking that all along. I have that issue of Wizard. I'll try to find it.

5. Frank Miller.

Case closed.
1.robocop is from metal.
2.cowl looks almost the same.
3. are you f.. kidding me? what ahs the grappling gun to do wit hthis new pic from TDK?

1.robocop is from metal.
2.cowl looks almost the same.
3. are you f.. kidding me? what ahs the grappling gun to do wit hthis new pic from TDK?
He was joking, for gods sake.

It is incredibly obvious.

5. Frank Miller.

Case closed.

Sorry, case isn't closed. TDK suit and Robocop look nothing alike. The suit isn't shiny, it's just the light relecting off of it, because no matter how matte a finish, light is going to reflect off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"