The Wolverine New director ?

I say Mangold or Fuqua, only because they'd get pretty visceral.

First time seeing a comic fanboy belittle the comics.

not really look at matthew vaughn is he a visionary oscar director?Nope

neither is favareu,johnson,branagh and all seem to be doing good comic films

Boring choices, all of them. Liman could work but the rest seem blah.

not really look at matthew vaughn is he a visionary oscar director?Nope

neither is favareu,johnson,branagh and all seem to be doing good comic films
So? Them doing good comic films doesn't negate "visionary" directors from doing something special to the genre.

Romanek seems like the only interesting choice, which means he won't be picked.

So? Them doing good comic films doesn't negate "visionary" directors from doing something special to the genre.
not saying a visionary cant bring something to the table but people act like it is a necessity

If this were my call I'd go with Liman, Mangold or Fuqua in that order.

Assuming one of these directors gets picked in the next few weeks, is it possible The Wolverine could start shooting around August/September? I guess that depends on how much of the pre-production work is already done without the director, but still....

A commercial director who's directed a Wolverine short, but has virtually no film experience, making him easy for Fox to push around in whatever direction they want?

Who EVER will they choose? :dry:

me personally would prefer them just wait for singer

they wanted him for first wolverine movie and first class

A commercial director who's directed a Wolverine short, but has virtually no film experience, making him easy for Fox to push around in whatever direction they want?

Who EVER will they choose? :dry:

I would not be the least bit surprised.

I can really see them going with Lin, Fast Five was a success, so he's got that good will going for him.

I think Antoine Fuqua is every bit the director Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn are. His films have good stories, he shoots good action and his characters and the performances of his actors often pop out of the screen.

Not to mention we'd get Ethan Hawke as Maverick should that come true. :word:

Mark Romanek is the best one of the bunch. Mangold comes second.

NO! to the others. They are just your plain boring action directors.

They really should have looked into Singer, he and Hugh are friends and with the delay in filming his schedule should be open...

Before long I expect Fox to sign a director since they have a list of directors.They may
try a repeat of First Class and start filming In September for release sometime In the
summer of 2012.

Mark Romanek is the best one of the bunch. Mangold comes second.

NO! to the others. They are just your plain boring action directors.

Have you seen any of Antoine Fuqua's films outside King Arthur?

Before long I expect Fox to sign a director since they have a list of directors.They may try a repeat of First Class and start filming In September for release sometime In the summer of 2012.

This is what I was thinking. Would not be surprised at all.

Hmm...I wonder if Fuqua will even take this? His 2Pac Biopic starts Production this summer

All of these choices are meh.

Before long I expect Fox to sign a director since they have a list of directors.They may
try a repeat of First Class and start filming In September for release sometime In the
summer of 2012.

This is what I was thinking. Would not be surprised at all.

Fox has their bases covered with Ice Age: Continental Drift, Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter unlike this time last year where they had absolutely nothing slated. Hence X-Men: First Class and Rise of the Apes being fast-tracked like they were. They're not making that same mistake two years in a row.

The Wolverine sequel won't be for summer 2012 - more like 2013.

I'd imagine we'd have a First Class sequel in 2013. If the film does well you know they'll pull and Iron Man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"