New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Never heard of Comicgenre.com

Me either.

Most everyone involved in production has kinda known about the fate of this movie for a while now. We've all been in a state of denial I suppose.

Despite our best efforts and attempts to please all parties involved, (IE the addition of new characters & lightening the tone) the mouse has taken the house, and overruled the fox. My understanding is that the order has been unofficially made that this movie is to not be seen by the public, in any manner.

It will see the light of day though, hopefully in an official capacity (not looking very good at this point), but there's simply too many people involved to keep it from being seen by the public. If a release is completely blocked, a version of film will be leaked at the very least.

As bad as the cut may be, we believe the fans should have the right to see it.

No wonder we kept hearing about ATJ not returning, she just knew before we did.

Sad times for everyone involved.

In your opinion, what do you think of this Comicgenre person? If feels like they are just kind of taking the pulse of what’s known out there and just making news out of likely scenarios, but admitedly I could be wrong about that.

They don't have any "official" control over this stuff, but they don't need it, the fox execs know the deal is done and so does Disney, so Disney, for all intents and purposes essentially has control over Fox already.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if this will pause/eliminate the studio announcing yet another new X-based film property is in “development”. Actually, this also makes me wonder on the fate of Dark Phoenix, if it is going down as you say since that was also pushed a few months into next year for reshoots, if the final product is percieved as great or horrible, that difference may effect in what manner it is released.

Wow, this movie would have been out 8 days ago!
That was brought up to me by a co-worker yesterday, she was looking forward to it as Magik is one of her favorite characters, so she was actually pretty hyped for this.

I just wonder how bad the reviews would have been if it was released 8 days ago. And A Quiet Place would have totally stole its thunder.

In your opinion, what do you think of this Comicgenre person? If feels like they are just kind of taking the pulse of what’s known out there and just making news out of likely scenarios, but admitedly I could be wrong about that.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if this will pause/eliminate the studio announcing yet another new X-based film property is in “development”. Actually, this also makes me wonder on the fate of Dark Phoenix, if it is going down as you say since that was also pushed a few months into next year for reshoots, if the final product is percieved as great or horrible, that difference may effect in what manner it is released.

That was brought up to me by a co-worker yesterday, she was looking forward to it as Magik is one of her favorite characters, so she was actually pretty hyped for this.

I can't say I've ever heard of Comicgenre before, they may be legit, or completely full of bs. Your guess is as good as mine.

As far as the other X-Films in production are concerned I can't really say for sure what's going to happen to any of them. Although at this point I can't really see Fox moving forward on any new Marvel projects.

A friend told me that Dark Phoenix is actually pretty good which is one of the main reasons it will probably be released. (Nothing is set in stone at this point however)

Basically from what I gather, Disney wants Fox to put everything with an X on it on the back burner, so that when things are officially a go, there will have been some distance between their X-Men product and Fox's.

While you're co-worker may have to wait awhile, she will get the chance to see JB's take on Magik at some point. If New Mutants does not see official release, I can say with certainty that a cut of this movie will be leaked.

Terrible. This is Fox's fault and everyone involved, looking at Kinberg and Boone. If they just made a movie that feels like the New Mutants, this wouldn't be canceled. Its pretty embarrassing. But at least the mouse would get to do their own take to the property in the future.

While you're certainly free to place the blame for this on whomever you please, I just feel the need to state that not everyone involved is to blame for the problems surrounding this movie. Yes the Execs dropped the ball, yes JB really dropped the ball, but there were a ton of people who did their very best to get a good New Mutants movie made. Early on things were much closer to what you would expect from a New Mutants movie. First we had the something really special, then Boone came aboard and we had the DB saga, then JB got rid of the costumes and just about everything relating to the comics. Then the school affiliated with the X-Men & the DB were cut in favor of a government run hospital and so on and so on. The actors were phenomenal, and did as good as anyone could with what they had to work with. The crew did a great job too, it's was almost as though the people at the top were sabotaging our work. It was and is very frustrating.

We really did try.

While you're certainly free to place the blame for this on whomever you please, I just feel the need to state that not everyone involved is to blame for the problems surrounding this movie. Yes the Execs dropped the ball, yes JB really dropped the ball, but there were a ton of people who did their very best to get a good New Mutants movie made. Early on things were much closer to what you would expect from a New Mutants movie. First we had the something really special, then Boone came aboard and we had the DB saga, then JB got rid of the costumes and just about everything relating to the comics. Then the school affiliated with the X-Men & the DB were cut in favor of a government run hospital and so on and so on. The actors were phenomenal, and did as good as anyone could with what they had to work with. The crew did a great job too, it's was almost as though the people at the top were sabotaging our work. It was and is very frustrating.

We really did try.

What are the odds that Disney/Marvel will rework/reshoot the film to be an MCU film?

I feel like they're pretty strong since the cast haven't been seen before.

Basically from what I gather, Disney wants Fox to put everything with an X on it on the back burner, so that when things are officially a go, there will have been some distance between their X-Men product and Fox's.

While you're co-worker may have to wait awhile, she will get the chance to see JB's take on Magik at some point. If New Mutants does not see official release, I can say with certainty that a cut of this movie will be leaked.

They should have just committed to the November 2018 release for Dark PhoeniX, if that's the case.

As for the New Mutants, I hope they'd release it straight on DVd or streaming. At least the picture quality would be in HD.

What are the odds that Disney/Marvel will rework/reshoot the film to be an MCU film?

I feel like they're pretty strong since the cast haven't been seen before.

Sadly, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I mean it's within the realm of possibility, but very unlikely. It took Fox nearly 20 years to get to the New Mutants. I don't think Disney is going to go much faster, if they get to the New Mutants at all. After all their successful Avengers movies, we still have yet to receive a Young Avengers or Avengers Academy type movie or series. Which is essentially what the New Mutants are to the X-Men franchise.

This is one of the main reasons I've been so critical of JB, the fact that after all these years of Fox X-films, we were finally going to get a New Mutants movie! And on top of that, I was actually going to play a part in bringing the series I loved to life! It was incredible to me, the chance that we were given.

We had such grand plans. But no, here comes this director who thinks he's some visionary artistic genius. He's convinced almost everyone that he's hot*****. And slowly but surely he chips away at everything we had worked on for a very long time, all because he and the folks he brought with him think they know better than everyone else involved. We had to watch, as his vision destroyed this movie.

And now this property that we all loved will likely again sit in limbo for another 20 years as Disney goes about building it's new X-Men franchise. All thanks to some idiotic Fox execs and the director that fooled them. Very sad.

Last edited:
I just wonder how bad the reviews would have been if it was released 8 days ago. And A Quiet Place would have totally stole its thunder.

A Quiet Place turned out to be a surprise juggernaut. But I do think there's a good argument that the new landing place is a safer place. It depends on what the untitled WB Event film is. If that's a comic book film, it won't be good for New Mutants. But it's currently slated for a place with no horror or comic book movies for four weeks prior. Although I don't think it has the advantage of a long uncompetitive August given Tarantino's film the following week and a Grudge movie the week after that.

And hopefully some of you would continue to work under the newFox.

who is you? I am very confused. you wouldn't mean there are fake fans working for fox on here? : S

Marvel, we're ready fro take-off!!! :xmen:

Well I think Slugzilla is legit. I was referring to him and his coworkers that had a better vision for the New Mutants.

And yet the title for New Mutants was shown on the screen at the Fox presentation of upcoming films... which makes it look like it's still getting released

Well it seems like as of right now they still intend to release it.

Last edited:
And yet the title for New Mutants was shown on the screen at the Fox presentation of upcoming films... which makes it look like it's still getting released

Yeah but Gambit was also teased in. Sdcc 2015 with the logo and Tatum's appearance, flash forward to now...

I can't say definitively whether or not any of the other Fox X-films will be released, as I have been hearing a lot of conflicting things from my Fox friends. Things at Fox are very chaotic and it seems like no one really knows exactly whats going on with these movies.

I can say for certain that production on New Mutants has essentially crawled to a stop...

The current thinking among us is that New Mutants will not see a release. However on a positive note, we may still get to see at least some of the New Mutants cast introduced to the public in X-Force, assuming it goes into production.

I can't say definitively whether or not any of the other Fox X-films will be released, as I have been hearing a lot of conflicting things from my Fox friends. Things at Fox are very chaotic and it seems like no one really knows exactly whats going on with these movies.

I can say for certain that production on New Mutants has essentially crawled to a stop...

The current thinking among us is that New Mutants will not see a release. However on a positive note, we may still get to see at least some of the New Mutants cast introduced to the public in X-Force, assuming it goes into production.

Other than Cannonball and Sunspot, who else would even fit? And wouldn't X-Force end up coming out in 2020, after the deal is all done?

Other than Cannonball and Sunspot, who else would even fit? And wouldn't X-Force end up coming out in 2020, after the deal is all done?

All the characters from this film could fit. With that said I don’t see any of them ending up being used in Xforce

Slugzilla said some time ago that the New Mutants would only have a small part in the film.

Makes me wonder if true why they would be using the New Mutants at all.

Last edited:

So that means they wont even bother with reshoots over the summer.

I think I remember a post of mine in this forum getting deleted about a month ago as posted response to repetitive antagonist posting behavior containing no substantive substance...

Anyway about the actual movie, it will either be bad or it will be good and of course (people being contextualizers to suit their self-centered world-view as is increasingly typical) will disagree to agree on the matter without even acknowledging another actual human beings thoughts on the matter. From my perspective, I think more recent reports have leaned more towards the positive.

Last edited:
Hitting Edit button then signing in after seems to have resulted in another post.

As a result, I will just add I definitely appreciate some of the info. supposedly going on behind the scenes of production. 50% re-shoot is a lot. I suppose we'll hear more as Deadpool 2 comes out.

Last edited:
To fill up another post: While it's certainly increasingly possible Fox is going to be spinning wheels on things. I really don't care anymore. In meantime, here's a link to an interesting rundown of all the Easter Eggs in the trailer we have so far: https://decider.com/2017/10/13/new-mutants-trailer-x-men/

Last edited:

do u have any details on other x-men projects like gambit? Why is production still moving forward on it since Dark Phoenix is supposed to be the last one? Can you clear this up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"