New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

This film will be the what could have been for me. I think Psy said it in a thread in the X-Sequels thread, or maybe the MCU X-Men thread in the Marvel Films section, but the New Mutants should have been a team. The Junior X-Men. I could buy the horror aspect of the film a lot more if they were still a junior team.
The only thing that makes sense to me is, or what I tell myself is, for decisions on the film, someone behind the scenes was... our main X-Men are (essentially) a junior team, we can't have another one, we'll just do all these changes.
Dark Phoenix, mostly supportive. New Mutants, patience wearing thin.

I definitely did say that the New Mutants should be X-Men Jr. Thats the basic premise of their eXistence in the comics.

If New Mutants does reshoots later this year, would Feige be involved since Marvel Studios has the rights?

Feige would have to take a good hard look at the current state of the New Mutants footage and see if that's something he wants to be associated with or if that's something he can polish.

Iger trusts Kevin. There's a reason why he took Feige from under Perlmutter.

so.. no EW news? looks like NM wasn't on EW x men special after all.. lol

D6n-n5_WwAUG4a2.jpg:large

wait.. it says 12 movies.. so NM wasn't on it obviously.

they did say new mutants are on it.. so it's confusing. lol
but looks like there is none or very little. hmmm it's already released so someone better buy it.

So it's counting all the movies that have been released plus the movie that's about to be released that they're promoting as opposed to the one that would likely be self-contained that they're not currently promoting.

Simon Kinberg: “It (New Mutants) hasn’t changed at all because of the merger. We were always going to do reshoots on the movie.

“At Fox, we have not had the intelligence that Marvel Studios has had about scheduling reshoots going into movies. So, we’ve just been trying to get the New Mutants cast back together because obviously a lot of them are on television shows as you know.

“Once we get them together, we’re going to do some pick-ups on that movie, like we do on all of these films, and then it’ll be ready to go.”

Exclusive: Simon Kinberg updates on The New Mutants, Multiple Man and Gambit after Disney's Fox takeover | Flickering Myth

So he is really claiming that the film is going to be released two years late because they never bothered to schedule reshoots? All films schedule reshoots these days, did they somehow believe that they would not require any reshoots?

welp good for them. but then again, considering all those mess so far, we can't trust them until they really do reshoot and we see some pictures.. lol

it will be interesting to see who will oversee reshoot, If reshoot is similar as original reshoot plan..

Collider brings up some good points about Boone not coming back for reshoots due to The Stand.

oh yeah. that was what I was thinking. it's 10 episode series, ordered by cbs allaccess just months ago. he sure will shoot it this year, and considering no cast so far, he will do it later this year. same time as reshoot. I just don't see him delay stand to do reshoot when his heart and passtion is clearly on there right now. proejct taht he has been working on least 5 years.

At this point, its hard to believe what Kinberg says. You don't delay a movie (that was already filmed and already had a trailer/poster released) for two years for reshoots unless you are reshooting everything.

I'm curious to see how obvious the new scenes will be (if the reshoots even happen). We are talking about a bunch of young actors and actresses being filmed 2 years apart, they are not going to look the same as they were in 2017.

Even Sophie looks different on the reshoots compared to 2017-2018. Looks like a lot of work for small $ returns

welp. with this bad fate of DP. what will happen to this?
they just need to release it to hulu and done. lol

Disney would be stupid to release this film on cinemas. This would only delay the inevitable.

I remain skeptical that any more reshoots will happen. Which is to say, I'll believe it when I see it. I think the smart money is still a "just-short-of-ashcan" release on Disney+.

I'm new commenting on these boards but I've been a long time lurker.

I truly want to see this movie released.

Disney/Marvel are smart and after today there is no way they will allow Kinberg to handle the re-shoots. I hope they can bring in someone new who really understands and cares about these characters to correct whatever issues they would like to correct.

But I love this cast and I really want to see them in these roles! I hope we hear something over these next few days as to what will happen with this film. It's strange because none of their social media pages (facebook, instagram, or twitter) have the new updated released date of April 2020.

I hope it goes straight to streaming or dvd, that way, it would be easier to ignore. Like the other straight to DVd/made for tv Marvel film adaptations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"