new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Sabaoth, Aug 1, 2013.

1. John Lambert

John Lambert Well-Known Member

Well, in avengers we have love interests for all the main characters. Oh wait, maybe not. Carry on.

2. John Lambert

Actually, depending on how old the Batman is, he can always fall for Martha Kent. We know for sure she will be in the sequel. If he is younger we can have him fall for Jenny Jurwich. If we bring in Bale, they really need to bring in Hathaway too.

Lastly, this is not a Batman movie. This is a Superman movie with Batman appearing. So it is actually possible to not have a love interest for Batman. Although, I have also not exhausted the non-Lois options.

3. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

This is a Superman movie with Batman appearing.

I hope you're right. I really do.

4. Skrilla31

Skrilla31 Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's a Superman movie. It's also a Batman movie. And I'm sorry they're just not making this movie without checking off everything they possibly can on the list. If they want this thing to hit the billion dollar mark they're gonna have to play it as safely as they can. And having Clark and Bruce competing for Lois kills two birds with one stone. It creates tension between the two and it establishes that both characters like poon.

5. John Lambert

But in this world, the only way people judge a film's success is how much money it made. Anyway, if this was a reaction to perceived problems with the film, they would not be making the sequel with the same screen writer and director. That tells me WB is pleased with the film.

6. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Sound logic. :funny:

7. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Indeed; wow, I'm sure the poster would do well if they were the creative minds behind Twilight.

Honestly, using a love interest to create tension between two characters is without a doubt the weakest and most cliche route when it comes to storytelling and if a person thinks that it's the only or best way to do so then, well thank the lord that they aren't behind the team that makes these films.lol

8. TayDee

TayDee Well-Known Member

Well my expectations have gone down a little.

9. StraightSix

StraightSix Well-Known Member

Maybe if Zack made a better movie this never happens. Mos is a good movie but not an amazing one.

Way too many issues in the movie from story, pacing and character development keeping it from being amazing.

10. Superchan

Superchan Well-Known Member

Personally I could careless if Synder had originally intended to make a MOS sequel or a WF film, what is really important is that Synder makes a good film because in all honesty if WF ends up being a well a made film that pays respect to both characters then honestly this would do wonders for the MOS franchise (you can bet the farm that there will be atleast another solo MOS film after JL) and the inevitable batman reboot.

11. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

:up: agreed

12. Ethermatic

Ethermatic Well-Known Member

Well, so far he's 0-1. I don't have high hopes.

13. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

MOS is a hit to me but it seems WBs were expecting it to make more for one reason. I do think a sequel would have been a bigger hit but WBs are been their usual cautious selves. The need to take risks.

You feel nearly the same as I do about Nolan's bat series, the next trilogy could have changed style and been different interpretations of the characters but still been in the same universe like the Bond films. I don't really agree on the Joker comment though cause I think each actor should make a role their own. I still think Nolan didn't really want to make a 3rd film and he did so cause WBs let him make Inception.

I get that but I don't see the rush myself, look at Marvel the Avengers didn't happen over night. But WBs want a taste of the Avengers revenue.

14. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

There's no way this quote is the real deal. No director would say that before heading into such a high profile film, and the wording itself (of the whole article) is just weird, and terribly vague. I'm calling BS.

15. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I have to admit, that quote is kinda worrying to me. I think the idea is great, but I really hope WB isn't rushing things.

16. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

3-0 for cbm in my book:o

17. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

To be honest, I kind of agree. I know it's from a respected source, but it still seems kind of fishy to me. It sounds misquoted at best, completely made up at worst.

And if it's real, WB ought to come down hard on Snyder and say, "Do you want this job or not?".

18. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

The quote is missing the word "awesome".

19. Skrilla31

Skrilla31 Well-Known Member

Wow, you're TOTALLY missing the point. It's not about what's best for the story, it's about what's best for the studio. Even the animated series World's Finest arc flirted with the same love triangle.

Cliches? In summer blockbusters? You're right, there's just no room for them. Not at all.

:: cue completely unearned kiss scene in MOS ::

20. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

I think he'd try to mince words like he did when 3D was forced on him. I think the truth will eventually come out and show in the final product.

21. Mysteryman

Mysteryman Well-Known Member

And the site doesnt even have a conversation with Snyder
    Just a mention that a source talked to him and the quote .
    If the site didnt make it up, the source did .

22. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

I dont understand the surprise.

Most director's have a tight leash with studios. Hell, probably just a few actually have any power to influence.

23. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

Even if Nolan is just an exec Producer I think it would be borderline moronic of Goyer/Snyder if they didn't chat with Chris as well.

24. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

wrong thread.

25. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

That video has already shown up on here many times, Snyder best be prepared to watch that video for years if he makes Batman beat Superman.