The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand the concern with where this film takes place or how it lines up... or what it is/isn't ignoring.

It's a story about Wolverine in Japan... why would there be references to any of the other films?

I went to Orlando last summer for a week. But while I was there I didn't make reference to every vacation I've ever been on. :huh:

it's just throwing fans a bone. we tend to like cameo's and references that interlock everything. Easter Egg's and Cameo's are pretty much a huge part of what makes the SHH go around... the other major half is probably speculation.

There have been reports that 75 percent of script remains from original draft.Don't forget most of characters are those you would expect.

They most likely added the WWII sequenze to open the film and show audence Wolverine's first time In Japan.

My prediction for end of film are
1:Mariko Is poisoned by Viper and Wolverine relcuently agrees to put her out of misery(adopting the tragic story from comics and igve film an emontional climax)
2:After Mariko Is buried he rebuffs Yuriko(hopefully the Logan/Mariko/Yuriko triangle Is
good)
3:Wolverine leaves Japan(which can be said he Is returning to Canada where he will
encounter Rogue In X-Men)

I really think The Wolverine could be 2013 sleeper Comic Book film hit.Many here on this message board are dismissing this film.

My suspecion for this film Is they have turned Viper Into some kind of mutant and we will see her In world War II opening sequenze.Personally I think It would be better If they keep wolverine as only mutant so the only mutant ability Is Wolverine's powers.

well...... what about SS? he's a mutant too isnt he?

it's just throwing fans a bone. we tend to like cameo's and references that interlock everything. Easter Egg's and Cameo's are pretty much a huge part of what makes the SHH go around... the other major half is probably speculation.
Ah, ok. That I can accept. Haha. :p

well...... what about SS? he's a mutant too isnt he?

As some have mentioned, in the original script Logan was the only mutant. I think that may have changed, but I hope not.

Ah, ok. That I can accept. Haha. :p

As some have mentioned, in the original script Logan was the only mutant. I think that may have changed, but I hope not.

well... SS has got to have something to be able to go toe to toe with him. I assume the Ebony blade may come into play...

Well, I think it just comes down to him being a skilled samurai/swordsman.

Miriko's father wasn't a mutant, and still kicked Logan's ass with a wooden sword!

Well, I think it just comes down to him being a skilled samurai/swordsman.

Miriko's father wasn't a mutant, and still kicked Logan's ass with a wooden sword!

true. But, I assume by movie's end, he'd be very well trained.. that coupled with claws makes me think SS has got to have something

I suppose. But when they fought in the comics, wasn't it just them slicing and dicing each other? No real abilities coming into play outside of Logan's ability to heal... and SS inability to cut through adamantium.

Yep.Most of time you couldn't tell the Silver Samauri was a mutant.You can defently
do the SS as just man with electified armor and swords and do justice to him.

Other than to remain respectful of the source material, but ya know. Whatevs right?

I really think The Wolverine could be 2013 sleeper Comic Book film hit.Many here on this message board are dismissing this film.

A lot of people here still remember how about bad XOW was. But once they saw the film and it turned out to be a good movie, they would eventually appreciate the movie. Look at X-Men: First Class. A lot of people didn't think it would turn out as a good movie.

There's absolutely no need for Silver Sam to be a mutant.

But he is a mutant in the comics, so he should be a mutant in the movie too.

A lot of people here still remember how about bad XOW was. But once they saw the film and it turned out to be a good movie, they would eventually appreciate the movie. Look at X-Men: First Class. A lot of people didn't think it would turn out as a good movie.

But he is a mutant in the comics, so he should be a mutant in the movie too.

But too many think Man of steel will be greatest film ever and that Thor will be do Iron Man level business.

Chris Nolan's Involvement Is very limited with Man of steel even he admitted It.David Goyer Is princibal writer,and hear Nolan didn't work on script.Watchman was considered a disappointment and sucker punch outright bombed.Plus I absoletly hated the teaser.Bearded Clark Kent doing manual labor? And with Thor the fact they are bringing back one of worst elements of first film(the so unnecsary character of Darcy) plus one of writers was writer of Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer(If you are going to bash
SImon Kinberg for being one of writers of Days of future Past you have to bash him) and Joss Whedon did Thor and Loki better In the Avengers than
the solo film did(The confornaiton between Thor and Loki Is so much better In Avengers than solo film)

With James Mangold Fox hired real director.Marvel hired a TV director for Thor(sorry but not all TV directors are Joss Whedon) and Zach snyder Is such a Dumb A(You know what I mean) that he still was trying to deny Zod Is villain.

Iron Man III without question will be top grossing comic book film of 2013 but I can't say I am overly excited for It.Using the Extremies storyline at least partly.Making War machine look like Iron Patroit.Possibly removing all Chinese elements of The Mandarian and unknown If he will have rings of power.

Have people read the Wolverine script everyone is talking about? Is it available online??

But too many think Man of steel will be greatest film ever and that Thor will be do Iron Man level business.

Chris Nolan's Involvement Is very limited with Man of steel even he admitted It.David Goyer Is princibal writer,and hear Nolan didn't work on script.Watchman was considered a disappointment and sucker punch outright bombed.Plus I absoletly hated the teaser.Bearded Clark Kent doing manual labor? And with Thor the fact they are bringing back one of worst elements of first film(the so unnecsary character of Darcy) plus one of writers was writer of Fantastic Four:Rise of the Silver Surfer(If you are going to bash
SImon Kinberg for being one of writers of Days of future Past you have to bash him) and Joss Whedon did Thor and Loki better In the Avengers than
the solo film did(The confornaiton between Thor and Loki Is so much better In Avengers than solo film)

With James Mangold Fox hired real director.Marvel hired a TV director for Thor(sorry but not all TV directors are Joss Whedon) and Zach snyder Is such a Dumb A(You know what I mean) that he still was trying to deny Zod Is villain.

Iron Man III without question will be top grossing comic book film of 2013 but I can't say I am overly excited for It.Using the Extremies storyline at least partly.Making War machine look like Iron Patroit.Possibly removing all Chinese elements of The Mandarian and unknown If he will have rings of power.

hey now, i love darcy. maybe she will turn out to be Hela haha :D

Let's hope it's the real deal and not just a courtesy praise.

Other than to remain respectful of the source material, but ya know. Whatevs right?

The screenplay transcends the source material. It makes Wolverine's nature a mystery to all the other players, something that only works because he's the only non-human in the show.

The word "mutant" is never even mentioned in it.

Have people read the Wolverine script everyone is talking about? Is it available online??

I read a script review that pretty much covered the entire film.

It was Aronofsky's last revised draft.

All I can say is brilliant from start to finish.

I really hope It hasn't changed much from the leaked script details.It seemed pretty
good.My belief Is character of Zen who convinced wolverine to go to Japan was merged
Into Yashida(who may be Shingen's father)

was It ever said Aronofsky worked on script? If It was we can safely confirm that
god awful Batman Year One script was Frank Miller's fault.

The screenplay transcends the source material. It makes Wolverine's nature a mystery to all the other players, something that only works because he's the only non-human in the show.

The word "mutant" is never even mentioned in it.

Do you have a link to this review ?

I really hope It hasn't changed much from the leaked script details.It seemed pretty
good.My belief Is character of Zen who convinced wolverine to go to Japan was merged
Into Yashida(who may be Shingen's father)

was It ever said Aronofsky worked on script? If It was we can safely confirm that
god awful Batman Year One script was Frank Miller's fault.

Aronofsky talks about working with Chris McQuarrie on the Script: http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/110836

"Chris McQuarrie wrote a great screenplay. We're trying to get it into a slightly better place but he's working on it, and I think it'll be easy to fix."
James Mangold talks about working with Mark Bomback on the script rewrites: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...ine_a_dark_character_piece_like_eastwoods_the

“Mark Bomback and myself have done a tremendous amount of writing on the movie,” he revealed. “There’s not a page that hasn’t been worked and reworked and rethought and story-boarded. So it just is what it is; I mean, kind of the part of connecting to the movie and developing the scenes and finding the locations and devising the action is all about not only making it good, but also in the process making it your own.”

That quote from Mangold tho...
8be5ead6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"