The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hasn't it been confirmed that there's a scene that takes place in WWII in the beginning? He would have the bone claws at that point would he not?

I think it was speculated after the chat that it could be the muramasa blade.

It better be, since that IS Wolverine's Kryptonite in the comics.

The new poster is beautiful. I have a good feeling about this movie.

well i prefer that the silver samurai is a mutant like in the comics and his power is to neutralize the healing factor that wolverine has or others have as well. Since the SS never had the muramasa blade.

Mutant or not, I just hope they make Silver Samurai a strong and worthy opponent to Wolverine.

Isn't the Muramasa blade something mystical? If the blade is to be featured, then how will they get around that? The X-movies haven't gone the mystical route yet and in the case of Juggernaut have actually managed to side-step the issue (as well as the issue of his relation to Xavier).

probably forged from some of Stryke's sons serum or Leech's, since it takes place after X3 or some such crap as that.

I'd rather they go without the blade than do something along those lines. Just seems unnecessary. Besides, I doubt Wolverine is supposed to be able to survive everything and anything, I expect he could still be killed if he were decapitated.

To decapitate him they'd need something that could cut through adamantium though.

Sure, I just think there's a simpler way to go about it than bringing in the Muramasa sword and introducing a convoluted psuedo-science explanation for its ability to hurt Wolverine.

well, personally, I hope they just go for it.

"It's a mystical sword, forged by the devil himself, it can kill anyone, even you....blah blah blah"

Just because the X-movies haven't had magical s**t doesn't mean that the audience wouldn't go along with it. It'd work just fine. After Avengers, CBM's can mash up whatever elements they want if done correctly.

Really excited for this movie. I know alot of people were down on the first Wolverine film....but the Sabertooth was amazing.

Just because the X-movies haven't had magical s**t doesn't mean that the audience wouldn't go along with it. It'd work just fine. After Avengers, CBM's can mash up whatever elements they want if done correctly.
Agreed.

About cutting his head off, they cut off brakapools head and it didn't seem to kill him and they gave him wolverine's healing, I think.

They could easily get away with the mystical element. If mutants/people with extraordinary powers managed to exist in their world, mystical elements wouldn't be hard to pull off.

About cutting his head off, they cut off brakapools head and it didn't seem to kill him and they gave him wolverine's healing, I think.

There are a number of reasons I don't take that seriously, but I'll just go with the most relevant, it's rubbish. Even in the comic I think some writers go way too far with Wolverine's healing abilities and endurance. I still refuse to accept that Wolverine growing back from just a skeleton (essentially nothing) is supposed to be the true extent of his powers.

I appreciate that the movies have shown a more seemingly mortal and less superhuman Wolverine (outside of healing abilities and metal claws). In the movies a bullet to the head can knock him out, but in the comics it be unlikely to even see him flinch.

Quick little quote from Millar on his site.
http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/102222-best-comics-and-movies-of-2012/
Also buzzed about Superman and - the big surprise, I think - The Wolverine. The script is amazing and Mangold is such a brilliant director. Seen the first 10 mins and it looks like David Lean doing a superhero movie. This the one that's going to surprise people. This and First Class were Year Zero for the Fox Marvel movies as far as I'm concerned.

To decapitate him they'd need something that could cut through adamantium though.

Not necessarily. You'd just had to be able to make a clean cut through the cartilage that connects his vertibrae. That's actually something the comics always got wrong, when it depicted larger stronger characters trying to rip Wolverine apart. His bones can't break, but the connective tissue holding them together sure would. Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk actually got that instance right.

Now, if they added something saying that they also interwove very smalls strands of adamantium with his connective tissue, then yeah, he wouldn't be able to get ripped apart/cut apart or any thing like that.

Not necessarily. You'd just had to be able to make a clean cut through the cartilage that connects his vertibrae. That's actually something the comics always got wrong, when it depicted larger stronger characters trying to rip Wolverine apart. His bones can't break, but the connective tissue holding them together sure would. Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk actually got that instance right.

Now, if they added something saying that they also interwove very smalls strands of adamantium with his connective tissue, then yeah, he wouldn't be able to get ripped apart/cut apart or any thing like that.
Wasn't decapitation in the old Xavier Portocols? I am pretty sure it was. Seperate his head from the spine and then keep the two parts away from each other so he couldn't reattach.

It also helps Tom Rothman Isn't micromanaging like the Last Stand and Origins.

That already started to change a couple of years ago but him leaving the studio Is even
better.

The WOlverine Is my most anticapted comic book film of 2013.

McQuarrie talks about his original script
"Well you know, it was an X-Men movie – it was a Marvel movie – but it existed very much in a real world. And more than anything, I love it for the very fact that – at least in the script I wrote – he was the only mutant in the movie… It was what you’d imagine the Wolverine universe to be under the control of somebody who wrote ‘The Usual Suspects’ and ‘The Way of the Gun’ and is a fan of Sergio Leone. It was Kurosawa’s Wolverine. There was a real romance to it, there was real humor to it, and a very straightforward sort of plain-faced brutality to it. I’m hoping they preserve that.

Hugh was really great, I liked working with Hugh a lot – he was very understanding, very open and supportive of me – so I’ll be very interested to see how that film turns out."

Didn't he lose his head briefly in the Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk series, when he was being questioned by Nick Fury?

Jackman is going to be on the cover of this Sunday's "Parade" magazine for Les Mis, but apparently there's a Wolverine question in the story - sounds like the Famke cameo is true:

Jackman shares some intel on the latest Wolverine film:
“Okay, the movie takes place after X-Men: The Last Stand. My character is at his lowest. He is supposed to be able to heal himself, but he may encounter someone who has worked out a way to really hurt him. And there is a cameo from one of the past X-Men in it.”

Any airbrushing in those new photos of The Wolverine?
“No, I had to do it the hard way. Let me tell you, at 44 it’s not getting easier.”
http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-parade/2012/12/19-hugh-jackman-les-miserables.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"