The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as I get a great trailer, I don't mind waiting a month or so for it. I'm still seeing the movie either way!

I however believe "trying their best" would be getting a good early start on production(unlike First Class) working their quality and getting a good amount of promotional material out there with the rest of their competition. First footage seen 4 months out isn't their best and I'm very curious what the the actual reasoning is.

And you're basing this on nothing but assumptions. You didn't even know when the movie was coming out. Suppose that once we get the trailer next month, we're innundated with material, which according to Mangold, we will be.

Why don't you wait until there's, I don't know...an actual trailer to see before you decide whether or not they're doing their best?

I actually did know when it was coming out, I just forgot. Now would be the perfect time for me to blame the marketing dept but I suppose that's a no no.

I'll wait till the footage till I judge the footage, I'll go right ahead and judge a relatively late starting marketing campaign on it's lateness....when it's late.

You could sit there and say the exact same thing if Fox started marketing this film in early july, that wouldn't make it any more right. Neither would Mangold tweeting about showing up fashionably late for that matter. I have a good feeling about this movie but, starting 4 months out...I'm sure that's what everyone involved wanted.

I actually did know when it was coming out, I just forgot. Now would be the perfect time for me to blame the marketing dept but I suppose that's a no no.

I'll wait till the footage till I judge the footage, I'll go right ahead and judge a relatively late starting marketing campaign on it's lateness....when it's late.

You could sit there and say the exact same thing if Fox started marketing this film in early july, that wouldn't make it any more right. Neither would Mangold tweeting about showing up fashionably late for that matter. I have a good feeling about this movie but, starting 4 months out...I'm sure that's what everyone involved wanted.

No, you're making assumptions based on not having a trailer yet.

I was thinking of Pacific Rim and Lone Ranger and for some reason I thought fox ended up with an early July. Figures it would be at the end.

That means you didn't "actually know when it was coming out", and you were making assumptions based on movies coming out weeks earlier.

I however believe "trying their best" would be getting a good early start on production(unlike First Class) working their quality and getting a good amount of promotional material out there with the rest of their competition.

Their only competition that weekend is a Woody Allen movie. And again, how do you know we're not going to be getting innundated with promotions for this by the time next month gets here?

First footage seen 4 months out isn't their best and I'm very curious what the the actual reasoning is.

And you're assuming there's a more sordid backstory.

Long story short, there should be no need to "race out a half assed anything." Unlike PRim, I would hope this film wasn't exceptionally reliant on CGI you won't want getting out unfinished.

And you were involved in every facet of the production to know this, were you?

Look, being disappointed about not having a trailer is one thing. What you're doing is making assumptions based on wrong dates, and information that none of us know anything about. Seems silly.

No, I follow movies enough to know release dates. I knew which quarter of July this movie was coming out but like I said; I got it mixed up with the other July releases. Again, I did know, I just made a mistake, lack of media may have had a hand in this.
I know Star Trek is late may and Ironman is early may(or late april), however that doesn't mean I won't have a post in the near future where I mix them up. Probably not though, due to the effective marketing.

If Wolverine didn't have a trailer till the month of release I would make about 10 assumptions and yes they would be based on the simple fact that there is not a trailer. One could argue that they are just doing their thing, trying their best and assuring quality...More power to them.

The late start to a campaign to a big summer film that's coming off of a horribly received installment will justifiably get people speculating. There very well may be a sordid back story. This production isn't without it's "drama"

And you were involved in every facet of the production to know this, were you?

Look, being disappointed about not having a trailer is one thing. What you're doing is making assumptions based on wrong dates, and information that none of us know anything about. Seems silly.

Don't have to be involved in "every facet of the production" to make an inference. It's called a forum for a reason.

Films about giant cg composites and causing public damage have a huge post process and studios holding off on trailers due to quality control are a given. What's going on with Wolverine is "anyone's guess" but it's definitely not that particular situation.

One person could assume that a studio isn't pleased with the footage so there has to be work done to it. Another person can take the more optimistic route and pass tulips around...Given this series and this studios track record I say infer away.

Notice no one's making such inferences about iron man 3? Just as no one did about TDKR... That's kinda what happens when the studio takes time to put out even mundane footage within the more standard paradigm.

but hey, the director said the cool kids show up late so forget any of that.

No single footage released 4 months before the release of a high profile early july release and he's telling fans to relax. That's some confidence.

Fox did this to the last Xmen movie too, they ended up all but releasing the entire film with various spots and features in a short time. Then again Vaughn had sooo little time to make that movie.

Considering the condition of the Wolverine brand, I would think Fox would "try their best"

At this point, it could be argued that we've seen more of the next spiderman than this film.

Its not just the wait. They also have to build hype. I surely can wait for a trailer even if its comes out 1 month before the film opens at theaters. But for casual viewers, they have to build interest and hype so more people would watch the movie. Look at The Hobbit series or any other movies out there who are promoting the movie by showing teaser trailers in big events such as SuperBowl and showing the trailer to big movies and they don't even come out in 5 to 10 months. Plus its a teaser trailer, they don't have to show a lot of clips like they did for the past X-Men movies - the teaser trailer of those movies had a lot of clips.

That's really the one thing that seems off. Not even a teaser.
A Wolverine in Japan teaser almost writes itself, nothing need be shown.

They lagged on FC as well. But yeah it does seem a lil late for a big summer movie. No doubt they will market the bad place out of it when the first trailer drops.

This trailer shouldn't have a whole lot of vfx to complete...

I mean, this is no Avengers or Iron Man
editing takes time, yes
But the majority of effects for this film should be practical

I'm not tryin to complain, I'll wait patiently,
but saying they have to "get it right", get what right, exactly? color correction? pacing? sound mix? what takes so long on an fx-light movie?

The only fx needed will be for near impossible physical action like falling from a height or something, and any energy attacks from the Samurai.

The only fx needed will be for near impossible physical action like falling from a height or something, and any energy attacks from the Samurai.

but what about the walking away from explosions and green screen motorbike action... oh wait that was origins... Nevermind :oldrazz:

This trailer shouldn't have a whole lot of vfx to complete...

I mean, this is no Avengers or Iron Man
editing takes time, yes
But the majority of effects for this film should be practical

I'm not tryin to complain, I'll wait patiently,
but saying they have to "get it right", get what right, exactly? color correction? pacing? sound mix? what takes so long on an fx-light movie?

I know, if its taking them so long to finish a trailer, how about a movie that is more than 1 hour. The teaser trailer doesn't even have to be long and very revealing, they don't have to show us a lot, thats why its a "teaser" trailer. There are lot of teaser trailers out there that just featured 1 scene.

Unless they are rushing, and I really hope they aren't, they are simply holding back the trailer. If they wanted a trailer out there, we would have one by now. A 1 min tease would be more then simply enough.

I am personally not a fan of the "blitz" style campaign. It has blown up in the faces of the studios as many times as it has worked.

The longer a film starts to hype itself while getting closer to a release date just makes me feel confident about the film, more so than knowing the sort of Marvel products Fox make.

I hope it's going to be a full trailer rather than a teaser. I'm looking forward to getting a better look at the characters.

I just want them to put the publics mind at ease after Origins. If the trailer was literally shots of Wolverine being badass with text that read "NOTHING LIKE ORIGINS!" and "SERIOUSLY, WE'RE SORRY. THIS ONE IS GOOD, WE SWEAR!" That would satisfy me.

Lol I just want a good trailer that won't reveal too much but will still want me wanting more. It should be able to tell us what the movie is about in a subtle way

I haven't followed it any news on this movie, but have they declared who the villain is?

I just want them to put the publics mind at ease after Origins. If the trailer was literally shots of Wolverine being badass with text that read "NOTHING LIKE ORIGINS!" and "SERIOUSLY, WE'RE SORRY. THIS ONE IS GOOD, WE SWEAR!" That would satisfy me.

:funny:

I haven't followed it any news on this movie, but have they declared who the villain is?

The story comes from the Claremont/Miller Wolverine miniseries and Uncanny X-Men 172-174 to some extent, so it's Shingen Yashida, Silver Samurai, Viper and there should be loads of ninjas.

That would look unprofessional and disrespect to Origins (even if it wasn't a good movie).

For The Wolverine I agree.

For Deadpool, it would be friggin hillarious.

For a Deadpool movie it could work because he's known for breaking the fourth wall. But for a Wolverine movie, it would look like a joke or a trailer for a comedy film.

That would look unprofessional and disrespect to Origins (even if it wasn't a good movie).

It was Origins which started with the unprofessional and disrespectful behavior. Calling itself a film. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"